Gokuu Ssj AMA

Ssj

18 hours ago, true said:

How do you want to be remembered?

As someone who was there that helped bring a clan from the ground up to a standard people wouldn't think it could reach. I was stopped by college from doing that for Envy, but as a boomer I'd hope I can do it for Tempest.

18 hours ago, BleakTerror said:

HEY ENVY HEY YO ENVY

jk ssj is a good guy 

I SEE YOUR FORUMS CALLING MANDATORY MASS

OMG DOWNFALL WILD ITS TIME TO KICK ASS

11 hours ago, Fire said:

Do you feel like if you would’ve been active that you could’ve saved Genesis in their crashwar with Df/Ph?

Do you think that @Vanuckle is frail like most do?

Do you feel like if you would’ve been active that you could’ve saved Genesis in their crashwar with Df/Ph?

Saved is a strong word, but definitely could've had a huge impact; I think thats probably why JcJack gave me like the fastest promotion ever, straight from finish application to Council. I had hella contacts then, I'd 1 year prior closed a 70 man ml clan that I could still probably hunt down on IRC/Envys forums and I could've definitely brought in some huge recruits. It was unfortunate that I couldn't find the time but probably shouldn't have accepted the responsibility in the first place given that I was living that student life out in university. 

Do you think that @Vanuckle is frail like most do?

I'll have to test this theory and get back to you good sir

10 hours ago, Pietru said:

What's some of your favorite moments in Tempest so far? Apart from every moment with me

- PM Dark spin cycle

- Early fights vs Rev/WL

- PVM competition

- Haxball masses

- League inhouses hosted by Nancy; still waiting for the next one.

10 hours ago, Tika191 said:

Was always a little sad you lost interest in the game and didn't stay with Genesis long term, but seeing as I lost interest for the exact same reasons (uni life) I could never hold it against you

-Thoughts on Dreambasher?

-Where did Envy get a lot of recruits from? I recognize a lot of names in the ending sig but not really sure how they got into clanning

-Thoughts on Dreambasher?

Top shagger, shagged everything in sight in Envy as far as I remember. Also he was hella rich on a private server and that always stood out to me as a 'fun dreambasher fact'.

-Where did Envy get a lot of recruits from? I recognize a lot of names in the ending sig but not really sure how they got into clanning

Initially from GE, then from fighting clans = clans closed = liked Envy from fighting and so reached out/I reached out to them.. e.g. DB, Legacy, Exodus for example; people like dreambasher, scampr, dakota, panda dick, allen, tokoyanime13, db jesse etc were from afore mentioned scenarios.

We had an odd w141 trip where we picked a recruit or two, people like Razhta figured us out from this who ended up being huge members and brought in more latin recruits.

We had some shareds with AF when they were a team(?) Like kyle, bigtnutty, hikozaru, angryanarch

Some RSC mods like Crush, Find_Emotion also joined us just from how we conducted ourselves on zybez/seeing our fight topics.

Mostly from word of mouth in the end tbh. I didn't have to do the GE recruiting once we got out there on rsc since we had organic inflow of members.

RSC helped a lot with recruiting as people could see how we fought and the clans we were slowly building up to take on and wanted to join.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png

On 4/9/2021 at 7:15 PM, Ssj said:

Do you remember teaching people to tank when envy was first started ;)?

Lmao tank practice events, with 10 people and everyone getting a turn to tank. It was honest work and legit its the best way to build a clan from the bottom. I could think of ways to make something similar work in bigger clans but with the state of the clan world itself, I'm not so sure.

I don't know if you remember this, but we (Exodus) used to do a few joint events with you in white portal doing said tank practices together. Probably some time in 2009. At said events, I ended up poaching one of your members (Slaughter370) and we're still good friends to this day, 12 years later. I just wanted to come and apologize for this crime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

lApm4a9.png

10 hours ago, VirgoVaca said:

I think I was on the app team in 'The' at this time and I remember having DDA in our TS and he was gonna bring us recruits. I did my digging and decided against it from what I remember, but I was also young back then. Would have been weird to see what a mass join like that would have done to a clan like 'The' in 2011/12.

What do you think about the following small/mid-sized clans from your era: (I've made quite the list here, so sorry in advance)

You made a good choice on the DDA thing. He could bring in recruits as quickly as he could make them leave. It was short term power and it was the kind of thing that would never last unless he got his way/became a leader.

I'll be dead serious and critical about all of these and how I felt at the time. 

• Ascension - Solid rivalry, very respectable, and one of my favourite clans to fight. Sometimes I'd snake ritchie and during mass I'd say we have like 15-16 when we had 30 on ts when he'd pm me at start of mass like he always would asking our numbers, so they'd get complacent. then we'd outpull and go HAM. I used to do this quite a lot LMFAO and it worked pretty good. 
  • Crimson Raiders - I think they were at the peak of their being when Envy was made but when we got to a level where we could start competing they slumped, and we even beat them in PvP. I remember fighting on a spare for doom_of_gods against them in their big Exodus vs CR rivalry. CR have always been a clan I'm familiar with as they were allies with TCC, which was my first ever clan. Some top lads like tj040 and fire 3lade I remember.
  • Downfall - Our most aggressive rival, good fights, and some of the most challenging ones. The rsc/zybez battle after always kicked off, especially with 3nvy this who they hated with a passion.
  • Pure Hatred - Always felt something NH about them, and I tried to not involve ourself too much with them but we did fight them regularly and the fights were good. I'd say I personally felt we mostly had an edge on them throughout Envys period, especially organization wise (returning wise these guys seemed to not care and would probably outlast any mid-tier clan), but they were growing really strong towards the end of Envys days and were starting to become very dominant in the mid-tier around this stage. 
  • Collision - Good fights, and tae was an easy guy to set up fights with. It was always close fights with these guys.
  • 'The' - Beat them in TICT quarter finals which was a turning point for us on beating a big name clan. Slowly a shadow of their past at the time Envy was around, and by our closure we were above them. 
  • Gladz - Similar to THE/WG, Slumped hard during our era, destroyed them in pvp. A shadow of their past by the time Envy was peaking.
  • Poison - Decent fights and venomous76 was a good guy but they declined a lot of fights in PvP and preferred CWA.
  • Holy Knights - Good bunch of lads, AC'd for us at our last fight. They were just coming out around then though so I dont recall having fought them.
  • BK + remakes - Good fights, vanzant and co were good lads with clean fights. The 6-7 hour uncapped win vs them was huge for us. They were always challenging to fight and I have a lot of respect for Vanzant regardless of the banter.
  • Elite Assassins - CWA w 141 prods at the time and they were a free morale boost fight at the period.
  • Legendz - Morale boost clan, big pulls no quality at the time we were around (idk about prior to this).
  • Chivalry Legions - Out of our timezone but pretty good. I only remember CL/AA fights but they were pretty good during our Era but not a clan we fought
  • The Call of Legends - Good clan, around our Era maybe we fought them once? But they were above us at the time.
  • Natural Born Killers - Good clan to fight in CWA. Tesh was one funny guy I enjoyed the memes about in Clan Europe, especially the video where they scattered his ashes after he left. They were our early fights and we quickly grew past their level.
  • Exalt - This clan name rings a bell but why don't I remember it?
  • Exodus - At their peak during our starting.. but were friendly to us. I think they tried to recruit of us by having joint inner events. Eventually slumped and fell to our level from the high to mid tier and then when they closed it ended up being us that got more recruits out of them. Top clan at their peak and doom_of_gods is an absolute legend. I loved fighting on a spare for them vs CR as Envy were early days and I got to experience huge fights
  • Dragonwood - Good fights, at the time they were around fights were 50/50 but they were challenging and probably took more fights off us than we did in CWA. Their CWA organization was solid. I loved their members and Envy/DW members got on well, even had joint Pk trip.
  • Corrupted Knights - Morale boost clan
  • Dutch Generation - Too powerful in CWA. I don't think we had the balls to fight them.
  • True 0wnage - Good clan, we had some good CWA matched fights etc vs them which were usually 50/50. I don't think they really stepped in PvP though.
10 hours ago, Casey said:

So where's the envy closing speech? I heard it was a big deal and I KNOW you still have the link. So where is it?

Who were your favorite members in envy? 

How did you feel about the league unit of envy? Do you think we hurt the community with our somewhat clique we had?

Why didn't you kick that dumbass for the easter eggs I offered you back when? was like a couple hundred mill I offered, you know you should've 😄 ? lmao

Can we take over tempest and remake envy with you as leader? (we can overthrow true)

What would've you done differently with envy and the closing? We we're finally starting to peak and you closed, do you think we could've actually become a bigger top clan if you had more time and wasn't so busy irl?

What was ur biggest regret with envy?

Also side question, are you still a massive simp?

So where's the envy closing speech? I heard it was a big deal and I KNOW you still have the link. So where is it?

When you kill 50 corrupted gauntlets I'll give you the link, I keep my word.

Who were your favorite members in envy? 

Honestly, I loved everyone equally. I'd say some of the people I was closest to/spoke to the most at the time or had some sort of unique bond with were probably Sast/Dan, yourself, BigTNutty, Stewie, John, Razhta, Jackson, Scampr, Dakota, Panny, Dill, Killaz, Jay, Mona, Fergus, Red X

How did you feel about the league unit of envy? Do you think we hurt the community with our somewhat clique we had?

Not at all. I don't recall it even having an effect. You guys were there for fights/community events regardless and it was just like the hockey.tk community and such. You/jay/magric/kilalz were fairly cliquey but it wasn't a malicious one and you still would openly speak to other people in the clan and show up to fights/participate in community events.

Why didn't you kick that dumbass for the easter eggs I offered you back when? was like a couple hundred mill I offered, you know you should've 😄 ? lmao

LMFAO, this was mentioned earlier in the topic. I wasn't sure whether to expose you but seems you dgaf LMFAO.

Can we take over tempest and remake envy with you as leader? (we can overthrow true)

This is the end-goal. But we were meant to keep it lowkey smh

What would've you done differently with envy and the closing? We we're finally starting to peak and you closed, do you think we could've actually become a bigger top clan if you had more time and wasn't so busy irl?

Yeh for sure, but there was no other way. If there was any other way I would've done it. I wouldn't have passed college and become what I am today which allows me to live comfortably; and even have time to scape; if it wasnt for the sacrifice I made then.

What was ur biggest regret with envy?

Not building the clan in a way where someone else could carry on the legacy. 

Also side question, are you still a massive simp?

Depends on the girl. For magemom-tracy and magemom-stacey, yes.

9 hours ago, true said:

What kind of role did you think @Vanuckle would fill in Envy

Working with him now, he is someone who easily could've eventually reached Leader/rank material. I feel like he shares a lot of values/attitudes as myself. It's a shame we closed not too long after he joined- I think it could've blossomed into something really good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

4 minutes ago, IMK said:

I don't know if you remember this, but we (Exodus) used to do a few joint events with you in white portal doing said tank practices together. Probably some time in 2009. At said events, I ended up poaching one of your members (Slaughter370) and we're still good friends to this day, 12 years later. I just wanted to come and apologize for this crime.

I just answered this in the post above and saw this :hash:. I completely forgot about Slaughter370. Top lad, I never held it against him for leaving; I do remember him leaving for exodus. It's all good since in the end we got back more then we lost on Exodus's closure; Da_Situation/Dakota/Reapear/Jackbauer/Allen/Casey off the top of my head 👀 

mEPuMsY.png

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

5 hours ago, Ssj said:

I appreciate that man. Very few people, if any, could've PM'd me and gotten me back into this game regardless of what they said, at the time you messaged me about Tempest. That says it all I think.

JSchef was a special case. But people like this made up the clan world and the reception this sort of video would receive compared to then is completely different and it just shows how boomer we've all become.

A guy can dream I guess :hash:

Any changes in ranks/member acceptance you would have done during envy time?

Not that I can think of. I think all the ranks chosen were carefully thought of and how it would affect everything as a whole, and also member acceptance in terms of requirements etc were all optimal

If you remember bv1 and the shitshow he was causing would you have done anything differently?

I think it was handled as well as could in the end. Me and BV1 were never on bad terms after it all surprisingly, even during it I still spoke to him normally without rage or flame or whatever. I think he mainly used to say that dylanups was doing the ddosing but idk. What happened happened, but I handled it in a way that would not affect our growth as much and it didn't. It's easy to lash out and declare some sort of crash war but it was not in our interest. Since in the end they left it alone and dakota brought in even more ex-exodus to Envy and none of the ex-exodus left, it worked out as well as could've imo given the tensions.

Thoughts on members like vindicator, DDA etc were (up to you if you want ot answer this)

Nobody ever believed vindicator in Envy would work but we got on surprisingly well and as a leader I'd like to say I managed to keep a hold of him from going astray for pretty much all the part (bar the trevor/hell raiserz TS incident mid fight that some of you might remember). In the end we actually used to speak quite a lot and other than the odd flame here and there on people in or out the clan, there was no other MAJOR incidents like the ts one; which considering he was in envy for quite a fair while I think was a decent outcome.

I never personally was a huge fan but to me he was always bearable; I guess the recruits he bought in were good so it was a case of tolerating. He was never going to stay, and we took the hit but the effects of it were not very long lasting. We had a period of good pulls thanks to his influence, but I know he triggered a lot of ranks and I think Janne couldn't stand him. I felt I always had to stick up for his loudness/borderline toxicity as he was one guy who would always have an opinion on everything and usually an opposite opinion, and it was very hard to convince him otherwise and make him see a different viewpoint. He is one of a kind though and I don't really keep any regrets about his time in Envy.

if you could bring back someone from back then thats legit gone, who would it be 

If we talking someone I haven't seen at all since then, probably someone like dill/panny. They were both super active, loyal, dedicated and yeh, they're two people who I have no idea where tf they are.

You remember history wrong lmao

• sus 1

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

14 hours ago, Ssj said:

• 'The' - Beat them in TICT quarter finals which was a turning point for us on beating a big name clan. Slowly a shadow of their past at the time Envy was around, and by our closure we were above them. 

I think one of my first PKRIs with 'The' was vs. Envy. Let me find the video.

8UbwyZv.png

image.png.27fc9253e555dae9d60c01aac1de43b0.png

Rxj6cZX.png

On 4/10/2021 at 5:31 PM, Gochance1 said:

Thanks for doing the AMA. I've enjoyed reading it so far.

I've always respected you even when rivals way back in the day. As time grew on my respect for you did as well. I was super excited when I found out you were joining Tempest and was looking forward to clanning with you. Thank you for everything you do!

1. What is your biggest rs achievement?

2. Do you miss calling?

3. What do you miss most about Envy?

4. How does it make you feel that your cousin won't join a clan your ranked in? Kinda scummy on AR's part eh... 🤧

5. Thoughts on @true as leader?

6. Regarding Tempest staff, are you surprised with anyone(could be their personality or work ethic for the clan) and why?

1. What is your biggest rs achievement?

Out of clanning? Probably killing corrupted guantlet or something that took effort. I've never been much of a player/skiller.

Within clanning? Founding and getting Envy to the point it got to.

2. Do you miss calling?

Yeh at times I do, I liked the responsibility and was always ambitious to become better. I'd like to think I was a good caller at my peak back in the day, since I called at almost every fight and we took wins on some tough fights.. so it must have been something decent (unless everyone lied to me because they were scared I'd kick them). It's a completely different meta now though and I think it would take a bit longer of a warm up to get used to it though.

3. What do you miss most about Envy?

Just having a bunch of lads who believed in me and were loyal to the clan. I would like to think I rarely ever let them down, if ever. There's always hard decisions you have to make as a leader but I always put Envy before anything, including myself. The one and only time I put myself before the clan was when I decided to close. Together as a group we crossed limits people didn't think we could and building up from the bottom up, I miss that feeling of achievement, that I shared with the rest of the clan. There were so many different characters in there, and even people who fought on spares loved the clan and some people who used spares even joined in the end when something went wrong with their main clan.

4. How does it make you feel that your cousin won't join a clan your ranked in? Kinda scummy on AR's part eh... 🤧

At first it was a little bit frustrating since me and vegeta really wanted 'the trio' to reunite for the first time since Envy days, but when we discussed it in detail, I understand his reasoning. He was a council in DF and has boys there who would never let him live it down if he switched, and has been there longer than even Envys existence, even though he was in Envy from day 1 till day zero. It would take him losing a lot of friends he's known for years, and even met these guys IRL. I know from my time in DF and some of the members in DF; I could see how some of them would never let him live it down, especially coming to this side with someone like True who on departure was pictured as like the antichrist of DF or something. I understand it all though, so I hold no hard feelings. We still chill IRL infact went on an outing with him last week, and on disc we keep in touch regularly and talk often about DFs wins or Tempests wins, because at the end of the day we have common enemies anyway atm. One thing I can say is, you can tell he grinded 99 RC lately, because when I saw his hair IRL he was unrecognizable. I think barbers open next week thankfully.

5. Thoughts on @true as leader?

Always had mad respect for this guy, and he's one of the best at what he does. I don't think there's anyone in the clan world that could've brought together what he brought with Tempest; a true peoples person. I always thought on his day he was one of the best callers going, I think it would be sick if he still called regularly tbh. If I'm being honest and spice this up by raising something critical, the only thing I had felt over the years is sometimes he had come across as cold to me (like when I was a member and I told him I fractured my wrist and couldn't fight and he said 'k'). That's not how a father talks to his son!! A little bit of care sometimes would be nice :')

6. Regarding Tempest staff, are you surprised with anyone(could be their personality or work ethic for the clan) and why?

Yourself tbh surprised me one of the most. I didn't realize how good of a caller you were and how friendly you were as a person. It's evident how much you aren't here just for calling like you easily could be with how good you are, but actually care about Tempest by the things you do to help us achieve goals (thanks for 99 pray). Also, Ned is just an animal and I didn't realize how good of a rank he was. You know he's doing shit for the clan but you don't actually realize how much until you're behind the scenes and see this guy at work. I'd want to name everyone, because all the ranks do an amazing job even if its not always seen at the forefront because a lot happens behind the scenes, and they all work hard to deserve being where they are. 

• Like 1
  • heart 1

mEPuMsY.png

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

On 4/10/2021 at 6:10 PM, Howl said:

What's the backstory behind red: the rush never dies@@@@?

We needed a catchphrase, and some guy called Gianni came up with it, in the early days, and it just stuck. The people chose it.

Interestingly, he gave me a spare which was maxed which I used, and when Gokuu_Ssj got banned for botting in early days, I used this account for the majority of Envy until the end and still have it now.

On 4/10/2021 at 6:56 PM, true said:

Who are the worst clan leaders you had to deal with diplomatically?

Whats your favorite League champ?

Who are the worst clan leaders you had to deal with diplomatically?

Hmm this is a good question. I didn't really ever despise any leaders in particular/nobody really ever was weird with me. If I had to name one then probably Frenchfry, sometimes he came across as annoying to set up anything with back in the day/weird.

Whats your favorite League champ?

Vayne main, I got diamond on EUW with just playing vayne. It's my most played champion, highest mastery.

On 4/10/2021 at 7:12 PM, danex said:

enjoyed the lil rivalry we (downfall) had against you guys. felt like we had a big part in bringing the best out of you guys compared to your other rivals and it was nice to see, you always came in more prepared against us to the best of your ability. prob one of the only clans we beefed with that i didn't despise, always had respect for a lot of your members, you seemed to have a great community. glad to be clanning with some of you today, top blokes. 💯

For sure man, the feelings mutual. I'm glad we can harmonize as one within the walls of true 2k8s safe haven known as Tempest! If anyone told me one day Envy and Downfall members would mix in a clan together happily I'd probably have asked them what they were smoking

• Like 1
  • heart 1

mEPuMsY.png

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

On 4/10/2021 at 8:37 PM, Adam_ said:

who were you most excited to work with going into tempest?

what clan do you think has held up the best over the years? worst?

how do you think the clan world will be a year down the line ? 

On 4/10/2021 at 8:45 PM, VirgoVaca said:

If you tried to make Envy again out of nothing, do you think you could pull it off again? Do you think the strategies you used to recruit in the late 2000s are still applicable? 

I could if I had my mindset at 16 years old. That mindset I had was unstoppable. But I don't because I'm a boomer now and have other real life priorities that don't give me that time I need. I think if you have the time and the dedication, anything is possible. 

The strategys I used back then would be applicable if they were really agreed on by officials, and everyone was patient and effortful about it. If a couple guys come up to you at GE, you'd be interested in what they had to say. If people can get scammed and lured by these weird GE guys they can join a clan. The hard part is the teaching, and patience, which takes a lot of personal 1 to 1 time, effort, and strategy. The down side in the current state of the clan world I guess is these guys would probably easily accept 100mills to spy and could be easy targets. The current toxic climate of the clan world I guess is a big obstacle to it.

It would easily work in building a smaller/newer clan though with nothing to lose.

22 hours ago, Crest227 said:

I enjoyed my time in Envy, the short stint I had until it closed. I'm still sort of mad you closed it lol.

Appreciate you giving us a shot man. I guess people like yourself, vanuckle, bleach and couple other 'experienced' people joining in the last 2-3 weeks was just a sign of what was probably to come. We were attracting a lot of experience which is something we needed to make that next step up at the time.

22 hours ago, true said:

Worst decisions you made as a clan leader?

Not delegating things out more and relieving a lot of responsibility. If so there would be other people that could've kept Envy living on and I wouldn't have seen closing as the only choice. Knowing Envy inside out it 100% would have slumped and ended on a real low if I tried to retire and pass on leadership, unless I stayed actively involved behind the scenes which would never work with how I am and I'd just end up giving it too much time.

Probably promoting DDA & Ezlas. One was a control freak, the other psychotic in the duration. But the aforementioned also brought its pluses so it wasn't terrible, as we kept some recruits from the whole ordeal even though we lost some he had brought in. We recovered from the leavers pretty quickly, and a lot of people were happier for it I guess, as he had a fair amount of haters that would PM me that they didn't like. But he also made a lot of friends in Envy that were my guys before him that basically took to him well, and were affected by his leave/kick.  Otherwise I don't think there were many decisions that people can say I did that were detrimental. Promotions on someone who can bring value but can also.

Also accepting a PKRI with TKO. We got destroyed that day. I had a bad feeling but I got talked into it by them LOL. They pulled what I used to pull on Ritchie and acted like they wouldn't pull much and that it was their first pvp fight and I fell for it, not taking into account how even though they're a cwa team, most of them had pvp experience from mainclans. We were cleared in 20 minutes and that was with trying to last to not look so bad LOL. From the get go we knew it was too hard. All of them had like max dg weaps too.

22 hours ago, Sikky said:

Will the rush ever die?

Never, it lives on in our hearts. Refer to last speech. Actually don't, because its cringey. Truly though it's really good to see you still around bro ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • pepesus 1

mEPuMsY.png

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png