Gokuu Ssj AMA

Ssj

If you were leader or given the ability to change one thing about Tempest what would it be? (You have to pick something)

Which member and official that you've never been in a clan with before Tempest has surprised you the most? (in a positive way)

If you were in charge of Man Utd's transfers and you could bring any player in the world to join United's current squad who would it be? (Before you say Messi/Ronaldo keep in mind United's current problems & long term success)

23 hours ago, true said:

Who are some Tempest members (non-officials) that you wish were in Envy?

All of em. Every tempest member I have mad respect for for what they offer to the clan and they're all unique in thier different ways. More opts the better :hash: But to name the ones that spring to mind in the next 30 seconds that I think would've fitted in well as members, based on the community and the style we were; Amanda, Nancy, Da Bazz, Blogs, Null, Kim, Virgo, Mitch, Erin.

23 hours ago, Mitch said:

If you could choose 3 people (other than your cousins) in Tempest/clan world that you could live with in the same place, who would they be?

@Casey (absolute chill guy, I feel like he'd be very easy to live with in the same place, just leave him in his room to smoke his bong and you won't be bothered)

@Amanda (although we don't get as much time to talk, she's one of the closest people I've been to in this game since I met her in DF, and we gamed loads over the years when we both stopped scaping and rekindled in Tempy.)

@stone (His banter is unparalleled imo, and throughout they years always been a good laugh- top roomate quality)

I answered the question so that each person were from different experiences of my clanning era, otherwise there's too many different answers I could give.

22 hours ago, Howl said:

If it came down to a 3v3v3 cage match between Envy, DI, and DF for the control of Tempest, which 3 former Envy members would you choose to fight and why?

• John/3nvy this - This guy would non-stop flame and go out of his way to do it for anyone anti-envy LMAO. Downfall hated him with a passion for a reason. I had to tell him to chill sometimes but looking back it was pretty epic lmao.
  • Stewie - Angry scotsman with kilt running at you throwing haggis; scary stuff bro. His tick perfect PVM Mechanics would transfer to his IRL combat tactics and he would defeat even the scariest foes.
  • DDA - This guys aggressive voice alone used to have people PM'ing me in fear. Very scary stuff again.

18 hours ago, Justin said:

What happened to Shooboo??

Also, always admired your dedication and your successes with Envy. 

She quit scape for IRL, so Envy was out of the equation too. We still kept in touch and she'd pop in on IRC over the months here and there to check on how we were doing. I haven't seen her or spoken to her since Envy closed though. In envy or out, she was one of the nicest people I've ever met on this game. She gave good advice as a co leader when I needed opinion, and was respected by all. You could never say a bad word about her. I think Ryan still has contact with her. 

And appreciate it man, was good having people like you in the clan world in that era and you always came across as a cool guy with a calm head on your shoulders.

• Like 2
  • heart 1

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png

15 hours ago, true said:

Tomorrow our entire leadership retires and you are promoted to leader. Who are the 5 Tempest members you would tap for leadership positions, including callers.

Damn, I feel like its a hard question because most people who at this stage are official material are already there. But If I had to choose a fresh new leadership from existing members, then it would go like this. I'm quite particular with the characteristics I'd like in the leadership; but off the top of my head.

I'd probably solo lead to start with; but definitely strongly consider based on past experiences getting a co-leader up there. I'm never a fan of more than two leaders. Have one co-leader who is like a bro and you're super close to and I think that works well; its easy to get disagreements when theres too many in the top position, but I never feel more than two is needed (the second to backup anything happening to the first, which was my mistake in Envy)

Council - Howl, Mitch and Scu

Callers - From callers I've heard here; I'd convince Stewie to start calling again to reach his former glory, and Mohds calling style seems to have potential given the consistent runs at calling; but have not heard him often enough but I've liked the energy when I have.

14 hours ago, VirgoVaca said:

What are some questions from other AMAs you wish you were being asked? 

Hmm they all have similar style of questions, but I like the out-of-clan questios and the more personal ones tbh. Like some of the ones true asked about which fictional character I'd consider myself as etc. They make me think a bit more out of the box and I guess tell you about parts of me you don't see at GDz 

14 hours ago, true said:

Who from Tempest would you enjoy an AMA from?

Tika. He's been around the clan for a long time with many different experiences, held different ranks and responsbilities, and I think he'd be one of the interesting ones/a bit of a dark horse. 

14 hours ago, King_Obina said:

Cats or Dogs?

Cats all day. I've owned both, but I'm always a cats guy. My favourite animal is a tiger I guess, which is from the cat family.

• Like 2
  • heart 2

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

13 hours ago, Feeenix said:

IM very sure he's not brazilian. Maybe colombian? but yeah i can remember aya being declined ( and i was fkn surprised l0l)

Oh what about a guy called iJapa/Japinha. He was envy; @King_Obina ; feel like he was brazilian but can't remember for sure

mEPuMsY.png

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

14 hours ago, The End said:

What was your reaction to getting a 3 man tbow while in Tempest?

Man I was literally stoked. I've never had a huge drop or even seen ingame something like an ely etc being dropped. So it was a real first for me and I didn't know how to react LMAO. Put it this way, I've never had good RNG but my raids RNG - since hitting it up with stewie mainly in duos but also other 3rds like wee man, casey, wee mans friend for the most part - has been absolutely insane. 

27cc8445d74443c444ea983f8aa33e1e.png

I did like 1k vorkath without seeing any rares so I was sure my account was cursed..

I've never got a single pet whilst playing this game..

So yeh, for someone who has a history of cursed RNG, it's really excited me because I was legit starting to suspect a rot member had convinced a jmod to put some sort of mark on my account that stops me from getting pet or super rares :hash:

• Like 1

mEPuMsY.png

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

12 hours ago, Adam_ said:

outside of pvp what are/were some of your favorite things to do ingame both now and pre eoc?

when you were approached with the idea of being part of another clan in the year 2021, what were your thoughts? how did they convince you to come over? (may have been answered already)

outside of pvp what are/were some of your favorite things to do ingame both now and pre eoc?

I like afk skilling, I get some of the satisfaction of seeing my account improve whilst being able to watch movies as well. A huge reason I can enjoy scape more than I did back then is it feels so much less of a grind than it was. Max combat an acc? go NMZ. Never thought I'd see the day 99 rc topics were popping up left right centre. Other than that, I like a bit of PVM/Boss hunting. I'd like to be able to learn all the content and be able to do everything. I actually really enjoyed getting the quest cape after coming back, a lot more than I thought I would. I even helped vegeta with questing after that when he was hella rich, but he did pay me some sick amounts.

Pre-Eoc I loved stealing creation and soul wars. I could play those games all day. Actually thinking about it, @Howl asked earlier about Envy events out of warring I enjoyed. The few stealing creation events we had probably are definitely up there, to add to my previous answer. Other than that pre-eoc I did used to stake a lot with Vegeta. We did make big money but also lost big money. In the end probably were up as a whole considering we started with smaller amounts always. But throughout the years I've distances myself from such and have not touched duel arena since 2017 DF and 2020 Tempest era, and don't plan to. 

when you were approached with the idea of being part of another clan in the year 2021, what were your thoughts? how did they convince you to come over? (may have been answered already)

I think lockdown was what sold it; i literally had nothing else to do.

Had to redact most parts since it was a fairly long conversation but something like this. I guess I was caught at a good time period where it was lockdown so we were in a full lockdown here and I was getting hella bored, I had nothing going on in my schedule so was quite open to the idea of something lax. Went from the "I'll be honest I wouldn't rly play rs other than events" to grinding COX for tbows and shit. This is why my ex's had trust issues with me 😞

d8db2b22ffba5772f90703e5a4854310.png

8bc86fda0162950490d289edcef63605.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • heart 1

mEPuMsY.png

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

I have really enjoyed reading your AMA so far thanks for doing this mate!

It's very interesting to see all the names you mention in your posts. I feel like there's so many that I interacted with in some way or form pre-eoc specifically through Flip Flops. Dragox, Fenix, Shes the one are some names that come to mind who were absolute treasures, personality and skill wise. I think your great personality (specifically kindness and dedication) really rubbed of on your members. I also have some new found respect for you because you did with Envy what I failed to do with SpiritZ. That is create a successful clan out of nothing (or ashes in my case). I love that you mentioned tank practice events because I vividly remember holding those!

Some questions, more personal because you asked for them:

1. You work as an eye doctor now, how are your own eyes after spending literally every second of free time you had behind the computer?
  2. What do you love about your work?
  3. How did u manage your time as Envy Leader vs IRL. You said your grades weren't incredible but how else did it effect your life / relationships?
  4. What does your perfect day look like?
  5. What is your proudest / most memorable achievement IRL?
  6. Not sure if this was asked before but...why Goku Ssj? Everyone knows Vegeta is actually the GOAT that's a fact!
  • Like 2

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~

11 hours ago, Brian said:

Even though you mentioned you were busy with uni and what not, did you ever give consideration to re-opening Envy for the OSRS release?

Nah, I didn't even hear about the OSRS release until it was released a few months in thats how detached and far from scape I was. I had never intended on returning to the game at any point in the future because the game without Envy didn't seem like there was any point, especially after I had tried Genesis and realized it would probably be a repeat with any clan I tried after, considering at this point there would be even less faces I'd know.

10 hours ago, Kenny said:

If you were leader or given the ability to change one thing about Tempest what would it be? (You have to pick something)

Which member and official that you've never been in a clan with before Tempest has surprised you the most? (in a positive way)

If you were in charge of Man Utd's transfers and you could bring any player in the world to join United's current squad who would it be? (Before you say Messi/Ronaldo keep in mind United's current problems & long term success)

Hmm good question. Probably rename it to Envy. Also probably make shortkeys a 'silent mandatory' on new applicants, like we did in Envy towards the end which bolstered spam.

Member : Graciok. I didn't know they still made tanks like this guy in 2021 lmao

Official : The End. I hadn't known him at all before Tempest but probably one of the best non-leader officials I've seen at work.

Haaland. He's the next best thing and this guy would smash in goals left right centre even in prem the way his play style is. And if you want another reason..

• Like 1

mEPuMsY.png

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

3 hours ago, Da Bazz said:

I have really enjoyed reading your AMA so far thanks for doing this mate!

It's very interesting to see all the names you mention in your posts. I feel like there's so many that I interacted with in some way or form pre-eoc specifically through Flip Flops. Dragox, Fenix, Shes the one are some names that come to mind who were absolute treasures, personality and skill wise. I think your great personality (specifically kindness and dedication) really rubbed of on your members. I also have some new found respect for you because you did with Envy what I failed to do with SpiritZ. That is create a successful clan out of nothing (or ashes in my case). I love that you mentioned tank practice events because I vividly remember holding those!

Some questions, more personal because you asked for them:

1. You work as an eye doctor now, how are your own eyes after spending literally every second of free time you had behind the computer?
  2. What do you love about your work?
  3. How did u manage your time as Envy Leader vs IRL. You said your grades weren't incredible but how else did it effect your life / relationships?
  4. What does your perfect day look like?
  5. What is your proudest / most memorable achievement IRL?
  6. Not sure if this was asked before but...why Goku Ssj? Everyone knows Vegeta is actually the GOAT that's a fact!

Thanks man, I appreciate the words. The thing about Tempest is theres so many people in here that can relate to that era and its amazing, because it means we all have memories we indirectly share and helps give a mutual understanding on things. Tank practice events were definitely a positive thing back then and it helped a lot for sure. To answer your questions;

• You work as an eye doctor now, how are your own eyes after spending literally every second of free time you had behind the computer

I wear contacts but its due to a genetic eye disorder (which was actually figured out in university and I would never have known probably or known a lot later had I not chosen this career path). Had I not had this disorder though I'd have 20/20 vision without needing any contacts. I still see above average even once I have my lenses in so it doesn't have any negative effect on my sight. They're harder lenses I have to wear rather than soft ones, becaues its a condition related to thinning of my cornea which means normal soft lenses/glasses don't give me as good vision.

• What do you love about your work?

I love the different people I get to meet every day and also I'd say the work % vs the pay is better ratio than most medical proffesions. Once you're experienced the days are generally fairly straight forward and braindead, sometimes I sleep a few hours and still have no issues going through work. I also have a lot of bants with my patients because why not? And I guess there's the saving eyes and even saving lives (we pick up on things like tumours, dangerously high blood pressure, swelling of optic nerve) etc. which if not can lead to death, so there's the self satisfaction on that.

• How did u manage your time as Envy Leader vs IRL. You said your grades weren't incredible but how else did it effect your life / relationships?

I hate to admit but it did cost me a lot of IRL friendships, because I'd rather go home and scape than hang around with people. If I did, I was always concious that I had to still get time for Envy. I was pretty popular in secondary school (I was a really good footballer, that naturally makes you popular) but it died out towards the end of the years and then over college I literally did my own thing and a lot of it was probably to do with RS and not being sociable because I'd rather go home and scape.

• What does your perfect day look like?

A normal realistic working day? Easy day, couple of no show patients at work, no stressful or complicated cases and do the day drive home; relax for a bit or hang with some friends after work, get home not too late and play a bit of scape/tempy shit and fall asleep watching a david attenborough documentary.

• What is your proudest / most memorable achievement IRL?

The day I passed my final OSCE exams and became fully qualified. The pre-reg year was the hardest year of my life and where I almost failed. Even having graduating uni and making it this far, I was so close to giving up right on the final hurdle of pre-reg but once I made it through it was just the proudest day for me knowing everything I'd given up in the past, I'd made it.

• Not sure if this was asked before but...why Goku Ssj? Everyone knows Vegeta is actually the GOAT that's a fact!

This is going to disappoint so many people. I actually bought the account IRL when i was like 13 with Vegeta (we went 50/50, paid £50 in total I think for it) it had 99 fletching/wc and maybe 100~ combat, from a guy who had named it Gokuu Ssj having never watched DBZ in my life. Over the years, I did watch a couple of episodes here and there just because so many people seemed disappointed that I never knew anything about DBZ. I know a fair amount about it now but it was out of force and guilt if anything 😞

• Sad 1
  • heart 1

mEPuMsY.png

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

On 4/12/2021 at 4:33 PM, Ssj said:

I feel like I'd end up naming the tempest leadership for the most part because I truly unbiasedly believe it's one of the best leadership teams I've seen. So I'll only use two tempest individuals I guess. Mostly going off people from who I've been in clans with before and my knowledge of them bar a few names I've not spoken to before.

• True 2k8, Icedrop & Ghjjf leadership - this trio could cause havoc with their experience, contacts and leadership style, especially in their primes.
  • Warlord/Callers - Lovelost & B289 - From hearing clips; these two seem like callers that could just have unstoppable hype and momentum in teamspeak. I haven't been in a fall in with either but I've heard lots of clips so going off that.
  • Council - Jelle, H A Richards, Hickchic(from TCC, an ex-clan) - The maturity of these guys is perfect for this sort of rank. All workaholics and have a cool head on their shoulders.
  • App Managers - Mitzella, Alice, Janne. Perfect e-girl trio. This would bring in a lot of simps which we could use to our advantage to pull high opts.

Time. Given more time and the position of Envy when it closed, we seemed that we had a shot at doing it given the continued hard work and momentum. Before that? We just took a while to rise, it was sort of like the current story of bitcoin. We started low, hit a peak, then would dump, then would hit an even higher peak the next time, then dump, the hit an even higher peak. The last peak we hit just before we were closing is like the current bull run, it felt like it was going to be unstoppable. Would it/will it be? Who knows. I ended up closing it before we could find out just like the government will regulate crypto before it takes over the world

Good answer, What about just the idea of you joining a bigger clan instead of another mid sized clan?

DF 11/7/06 - 12/31/16

ahri sig.png