Gokuu Ssj AMA

Ssj

who were you most excited to work with going into tempest?

what clan do you think has held up the best over the years? worst?

how do you think the clan world will be a year down the line ? 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

If you tried to make Envy again out of nothing, do you think you could pull it off again? Do you think the strategies you used to recruit in the late 2000s are still applicable? 

8UbwyZv.png

image.png.27fc9253e555dae9d60c01aac1de43b0.png

Rxj6cZX.png

22 hours ago, true said:

Our clans never really tangled, by the time Envy made it to the mid-size scene I was already in DF, but I always had a ton of respect for you. Your attitude and work ethic always stood out and not a single person I came across had a bad word about you. I'm really happy you hopped onto the Tempest train and my only real regret with you is that we weren't able to bring you into DF earlier.

I appreciate that man. Very few people, if any, could've PM'd me and gotten me back into this game regardless of what they said, at the time you messaged me about Tempest. That says it all I think.

22 hours ago, Kenny said:

JSchef was a special case. But people like this made up the clan world and the reception this sort of video would receive compared to then is completely different and it just shows how boomer we've all become.

22 hours ago, Vanzant said:

Bk closed envy and enigma 

A guy can dream I guess :hash:

22 hours ago, Killaz said:

LOLLLLL probably woosh a lot of people here

m8 u havin a giggle

I remember this day, had a blast that day lmao

question:

1. any changes in ranks/member acceptance you would have done during envy time?

2. if you remember bv1 and the shitshow he was causing would you have done anything differently?

3. thoughts on members like vindicator, DDA etc were (up to you if you want ot answer this)

4. if you could bring back someone from back then thats legit gone, who would it be 

prob more but to come but ye 

Any changes in ranks/member acceptance you would have done during envy time?

Not that I can think of. I think all the ranks chosen were carefully thought of and how it would affect everything as a whole, and also member acceptance in terms of requirements etc were all optimal

If you remember bv1 and the shitshow he was causing would you have done anything differently?

I think it was handled as well as could in the end. Me and BV1 were never on bad terms after it all surprisingly, even during it I still spoke to him normally without rage or flame or whatever. I think he mainly used to say that dylanups was doing the ddosing but idk. What happened happened, but I handled it in a way that would not affect our growth as much and it didn't. It's easy to lash out and declare some sort of crash war but it was not in our interest. Since in the end they left it alone and dakota brought in even more ex-exodus to Envy and none of the ex-exodus left, it worked out as well as could've imo given the tensions.

Thoughts on members like vindicator, DDA etc were (up to you if you want ot answer this)

Nobody ever believed vindicator in Envy would work but we got on surprisingly well and as a leader I'd like to say I managed to keep a hold of him from going astray for pretty much all the part (bar the trevor/hell raiserz TS incident mid fight that some of you might remember). In the end we actually used to speak quite a lot and other than the odd flame here and there on people in or out the clan, there was no other MAJOR incidents like the ts one; which considering he was in envy for quite a fair while I think was a decent outcome.

I never personally was a huge fan but to me he was always bearable; I guess the recruits he bought in were good so it was a case of tolerating. He was never going to stay, and we took the hit but the effects of it were not very long lasting. We had a period of good pulls thanks to his influence, but I know he triggered a lot of ranks and I think Janne couldn't stand him. I felt I always had to stick up for his loudness/borderline toxicity as he was one guy who would always have an opinion on everything and usually an opposite opinion, and it was very hard to convince him otherwise and make him see a different viewpoint. He is one of a kind though and I don't really keep any regrets about his time in Envy.

if you could bring back someone from back then thats legit gone, who would it be 

If we talking someone I haven't seen at all since then, probably someone like dill/panny. They were both super active, loyal, dedicated and yeh, they're two people who I have no idea where tf they are.

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png

23 hours ago, Vegeta said:

Who do you think was the better leader Arp590 (TCC) - Fire 3lade? (CR) 

Favourite Official from old school DF? (When you were there) 

Was Tempest the reason you returned to scape? 

Who do you think was the better leader Arp590 (TCC) - Fire 3lade? (CR) 

Probably Fire 3lade, considering where CR got to instead of TCC when they were on part at the time.

Favourite Official from old school DF? (When you were there) 

Probably Jelle. He pretty much maxed my acc in NMZ for me too when I was a member. 

Was Tempest the reason you returned to scape? 

Yup, no other reason tbh that I would've bothered at the time. I was well into league and was having fun on other games.

22 hours ago, Atvdinner said:

Do you notice any huge difference in the way clans fight and or interact with one another now compared to then? 

Is there anything you'd like to see come back to fights from back then? 

Wasn't rodm in killjoy? 

Do you notice any huge difference in the way clans fight and or interact with one another now compared to then? 

Definitely; in terms of interactions, things seem a lot less public. Other than divine forces discord and tempest discord I don't even use any other clans let alone would I feel comfortable accessing them. IRC was a huge part of the old clan world I miss because you could just go anywhere at anytime and talk to anyone. In terms of fights, it seems quite similar to before I guess. We can only work with what we have and considering what we have isn't anywhere compared to what it used to be, I think clan officials across all clans are just doing their best to make ends meet. I forget how surprising it always feels to me when I came back that the clan world is still even alive.

Is there anything you'd like to see come back to fights from back then? 

I actually liked the coloured:spam era with shortkeys or autochat. That was always a cool aesthetic to see.

Other than that, hugging, dragging and longer returning methods I think would make crashing a lot harder and see clans get cleared a lot more often. If they could remove snares, annakarl tabs, and bring back mage pray heros, I think things would be more fun.

Wasn't rodm in killjoy? 

Hmm I wouldn't be too sure. My memory doesn't serve me well enough unfortunately since its too far back.

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

23 hours ago, Vanuckle said:

Don't remember a ton from Envy other than was close with you, Stew, AR07, few others. Thought you did a great job building from scratch and loved the environment that was fostered there.

Who were some other leaders you respected, and why?

Who were the main rivals of Envy, did you have respect for them or disdain to this day?

Who are you happy you kept in touch with? Who do you wish you still could speak to?

Don't remember a ton from Envy other than was close with you, Stew, AR07, few others. Thought you did a great job building from scratch and loved the environment that was fostered there.

Thanks bro, appreciate it. Also appreciat you giving Envy a shot when returning. 

Who were some other leaders you respected, and why?

Other clans? Zeldagamer I had a lot of respect for because he was always cool regardless of the rivalry; HAR from Clan Europe and also Sfa from Dragonwood at the time who we had good relations with when they were alive, JcJack when was T0 leader who we had some CWA fights against, I had good relations with all of them in that era.  I got on with Ritchie well aswell as most Asc vs Envy fights I'd set up with him.

As per Envy there was only two other people who got leadership throughout its era, Shooboo7 who retired who was loved by everyone, and Ezlas who went psychopathic and then got removed but stayed a clan friend and hung around in the community as a normal dude till the end. Other than that he was a pretty chill dude.

Who were the main rivals of Envy, did you have respect for them or disdain to this day?

Downfall/Ascension; there was a period we couldn't stand downfall and was borderline crash war kind of tendency, but they were respectable once we were planning on closing and at the end we both appreciated the intense fights we could give eachother and beneath it all there was some respect between the clans.

Ascension were always pretty cool but there was always that rivalry as you'd expect when its one of the clans you fight most, but it was never anything malcious.

I think a rivalry with PH was on the verge of kicking off before we closed but it didn't amount into anything, but I think had we stayed open I could see that popping off.

Who are you happy you kept in touch with? Who do you wish you still could speak to?

I'm happy with all the Envy I kept in touch with tbh, and I have contact to a fair amount but most have moved on way past the game. Everyone in the envy discord plus about 10 more, so I'd say a good 40~ ex envy I have contact with but most of them don't play scape at all anymore or would be remotely interested in coming back.

Some names off the top of my head I would love to know where they are;

• BigTNutty - Was core envy for ages, I know he was in AF over the years after.
  • Jason Caudery - I had his number, he was an australian who would wake up hella early for fights and got ranked as an app manager. Loved his accent and he was a solid member.
  • Dakota - She did a lot for Envy regardless of outside opinions and was a good friend. 
  • Magio - Another solid member of envy; greek dude, really good mage.
  • Envy_Davey - Brit dude, funny guy. 
  • Jason5090 - One of our best snipers/tanks at the time; again had him on a skype but not sure where he is. I know he played for a while after
  • Shadowchi - Another solid envy member from core, W141 recruit maybe but was there from start to finish albeit inactive at the end but still around. 
  • Devlin - Had this guy on league but idek his name anymore. I tried to recruit him to DF in 2017 but again, he couldn't get into the game
  • Panny/Dill - Two solid tanks mentioned previously who were very loyal to envy and myself; great friends and the latter was a lovable spastic. I have no idea where these guys are.
  • Envy_Mark - Respectable guy, posted more on RSC than he attended fights but he kept envy in his alias anywhere he went which is always a +1 from me.
  • Jay/Magric - Killaz/casey are my only hopes of getting hold of these two legends.
  • Majin_buu - Another solid envy member, idk where hes gone.
  • Duck - Brit dude who was an envy legend
  • Panda Nick - Scamprs boy, top lad. 

23 hours ago, BOMB said:

Not rly a question but remember some decent fights over some of the later years with DW vs Envy. Good stuff 👍

For sure, we even went on an allied pk trip which @Tika191 might remember. DW were always fun to fight and also fight alongside on the few occasions. Respect to y'all

• Like 1

mEPuMsY.png

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

23 hours ago, Killaz said:

who was the best at karaoke

when you are you going to release your envy closing speech

did you cry when you closed envy srs

jackson or conv you have to pick 1 which of the squeaky voice gang back then 

who was the best at karaoke

Fergus/Razhta one of them latin guys were pretty good. I think Fergus won the karaoke right?

There was a guy called James in envy, he's in one of these older envy teamspeak compilation videos and he was like youtube cover singer quality. I think Pray4skillz was his name if any very very early days oldschool envy recall the name. There was one spastic called '1994 or something who gets an honourable mention for the most funniest spasticated singing I've heard- again clips on youtube

0:50 for james

3:00 for 1994 spastic

Worth the listen especially the latter.

This vid was literally first months to year envy, really oldschool video lmao.

Ezlas video. 

Theres another karaoke video with elijah and co, the most recent one but I can't find it

when you are you going to release your envy closing speech

It's out there, I have the link, but we don't talk about this. Its cringey. I have an IRL family member that got it who doesn't play runescape themslves but knows about it (don't ask how) and they recently sent me sound clips of it on Snapchat and I deleted them.

did you cry when you closed envy srs

Nah but I used to catch the bus to college and I used to stare emptily on the 1 hour ride out the window for the week following and imagine I was in the music video of a sad song.

jackson or conv you have to pick 1 which of the squeaky voice gang back then 

Conv had the squeakier voice, "wanna play transformice" impression in vindicators voice will always ring a bell in my head.

• Like 1

mEPuMsY.png

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

On 4/10/2021 at 12:28 AM, Vanzant said:

Bk closed envy and enigma 

• Like 1

mEPuMsY.png

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

22 hours ago, Flukejiver said:

Comparing Envy and Tempest, what are some similarities? differences?

Similarities; the values tempest holds in their community and the way we compose ourselves, were similar to Envy. Honourable without any shady shit like ddosing, doxing, and things other clans regularly get involved in. Of course we hold our own but avoid unecessary drama.

Differences are Envy had a lot more nationality sections. We had a latin unit, a brazilian unit (mona/zamorak0 and 1-2 others), a chilean unit.. all consisting of small groups who used to play their part and were respectable guys. Some of our foreigners in Envy were some of the best tanks/warrers and I always made sure to tend to each group individually and make sure they were enjoying things.

21 hours ago, Feeenix said:

I've always waited for this , thanks for sharing your knowledge with me (clanning-wise) , and you've been always a bro to me.

I don't regret any decisions i've had made (joining every clan that you reccomended me) in my clanning history  [ ENVY-ENIGMA (LOLOLOLOLOL) ,Genesis and now Tempest ] .

I ALWAYS had a blast on 'em , and ofc now im super good in here.

Questions

• What do you think about the 'latino' community back on 2009-2012 era? What about now in 2021 ?
  • Did you even thought that latinos would join your clan?
  • What did you expect from @Dragox and me when we joined Envy? (yeah at that time we were joining clans like it was a 2x1 offer 0l0l).
  • What do you think about our progress (Dragox and me) clanning-wise.
  • What do you think about Aces of Wars (chilean country clan , then it became like a 'team' in 2012)?
  • I'm still waiting for Mona's feet pics. Where are they?
  • Last but not least. Where's Envy Mark?

Thanks for all you gave to Envy and for also joining Tempest. I'm glad you stuck around to get in and you're a very likeable member here.

• What do you think about the 'latino' community back on 2009-2012 era? What about now in 2021 ?

I thought there were a lot of hidden gems in there, which Envy tapped quite a few and the quality/warring prowess they had was up there. Some latin tanks were like the fins of recent time, and some of the latins I met throughout Envy/knowing people from Aces of Wars were always top lads. In 2021, I feel like there's not much around, and from what I've heard quite a few have a bad name from doing things like spying/nh stuff, but I couldn't say too well and its just from word of ear. 

• Did you even thought that latinos would join your clan?

Nah, it wasn't something I'd ever thought about but when it happened it was a blessing. Razhta was one of the main latins who I found on w141 I think, but he opened up the doors to latins joining the clan, and then Fergus also did the same later on.  There were a good 5-10 latins in Envy and they were all top quality members.

• What did you expect from @Dragox and me when we joined Envy? (yeah at that time we were joining clans like it was a 2x1 offer 0l0l).

I wasn't sure, you were both lower levels but for your levels you guys picked up shit pretty well and becamse really solid members. I've always had mad respect for you both, because even after Envy, when I stepped across gen or when I ran into you guys after in 2017~, you were the same kids I knew from 2010. Friendly, respectable and really top guys overall.  It's one of the main reasons I genuinely felt you were worth convincing to let into Tempest, and I'd really hope to see dragox follow the footsteps one day as I'm sure he'd really enjoy it here.

• What do you think about our progress (Dragox and me) clanning-wise.

As I say, you came a long way. You were lower levelled then so naturally it was harder and you'd be perceived as inexperienced, but overtime it became evident to Envy that you guys were valuable, active and dedicated members who always put an effort in. It's not easy joining an english-speaking and english revolved clan as an outsider, and I respect that you could come in and give it your all until closing.

• What do you think about Aces of Wars (chilean country clan , then it became like a 'team' in 2012)?

Always a good team, I think fell slightly short of Silent Ember at the time but they had one or two huge moments were they won fights against teams like such unexpectedly.  They were the best group of Latins put together as far as I recall.

• I'm still waiting for Mona's feet pics. Where are they?

👀

• Last but not least. Where's Envy Mark?

Probably having a cup of tea somewhere in the channel islands. He seemed that kind of a brit. Unfortunately I have no idea where he is and zybez being deleted doesn't help as I'm sure I could've grabbed a hold of him from there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mEPuMsY.png

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png