Jebrim AMA

Jebrim

53 minutes ago, Vanzant said:

I know the name The1general. I have had the name Vanzant with The BlacKnights since 2001 man. Only left for a year in 2007 - 2008 aside of that I was there until closing in 2012.

What do you remember about The1general?

2 minutes ago, Jebrim said:

What do you remember about The1general?

I just remember the name we werent friends or anything lol. I've been around a long time and as a clan leader I was always looking at every single clans runehead, mIRC and forums back in the good ole days =p

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

5 minutes ago, Jebrim said:

You get better by playing against the best.

Seemed like you were doing the same openings and moves over and over but okay.

• sus 1

V8OsPdP.png

l4DV57N.png

Y6Bo23z.gif

52 minutes ago, poopkid said:

what's your opinion on the leetcode meta and sys design primers for landing tech jobs?

I think LeetCode is overrated and the problems there don't actually reflect the real problems faced in the work environment.

Understanding system design would absolutely be useful though, especially if you're going for a role that deals with architecting software. It's important to know architectural and design patterns and how to best apply them. They're used everywhere.

If you're ever going to be in management or dealing with clients, I highly suggest learning requirements engineering and project management. These may seem self-explanatory but there are actually many techniques involved with them to help create a successful project that is delivered on time, on budget, and on scope while actually resolving the problem the customer is experiencing.

• Like 1

What's your top 5 favorite YouTube channels or podcasts that you a regularly consume? 

Thoughts on Mt Rushmore?

Have you ever had any RS-related injuries?

Worst thing you skipped out on to play RS?

Do you need your ass kicked?

Favorite color?

If you could remove any state from the US, which would it be and why?

Do you believe the maps we have access to as ordinary citizens are accurate?

Have you ever thrown up and continued to play RS without cleaning it up?

aUBwTQ1.png

56 minutes ago, true said:

thoughts on zezima? do you have any relationship with him?

why do you love agility so much?

do you miss RS warring?

My only relationship with Zezima was in 2008. We had some mutual friends, he voiced me in his SwiftIRC channel, we played some Vertigo II together and talked briefly, but that's about it. I never saw much of him after that and I haven't tried to stick around since. I think he's a bit overrated.

It cannot be afk'd. I also like that the clicks are in the main game scene and not just in the same locations in the inventory like some other skilling often is.

No.

Just now, Jebrim said:

My only relationship with Zezima was in 2008. We had some mutual friends, he voiced me in his SwiftIRC channel, we played some Vertigo II together and talked briefly, but that's about it. I never saw much of him after that and I haven't tried to stick around since. I think he's a bit overrated.

Why is he overrated, is it because of the era he was active in? Do you think then-Zezima would have thrived on OSRS?

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

aUBwTQ1.png

56 minutes ago, The End said:

While training agility did you multi-task (e.g. read books/watch TV, etc.) or were you focused on getting the optimal XP?

It varied. Most of the time I didn't. I'm addicted to country music, which determined a lot for me. Good songs created a good mood that kept me online doing Agility longer. Bad songs made me feel like logging off.

I was able to get optimal Xp rates at any course I'd already mastered, even while watching movies. That wasn't a concern. I've always been quite social though, so doing anything on social media or getting into a big argument within RuneScape could cost me some ticks. Casual conversation wouldn't though since I got quite good at typing a few words at a time in between each obstacle.