Jebrim AMA

Jebrim

57 minutes ago, Creep said:

What kept you motivated to reach 200m xp on 5 accounts in 1 skill?

I set a goal. A very public goal in fact that made me very well known within the RuneScape community. I had to meet my goal. Failure was not an option since the embarrassment from it would be too much.

It was also why I had to win King of the Skill for Agility. I had to defend my title as the best in Agility. I had a lot more to lose than to gain from that. Doing it though also helped me cement the trifecta of skilling achievements: long-term endurance (1b Agility grind), nolifing (RuneTracker and CML records), and maximum xp/hr rates (KotS). I set #1 records in all category for Agility.

1 hour ago, Whip said:

What made you want to get that much agility xp?

How did you feel while doing agility?

Do you ever think back and say why tf did i do this?

Prior to finishing up 200m Agility, I asked Jagex to raise the Xp limit. They refused to do so. Andrew told me to go train the new Dungeoneering skill coming out instead.

I wanted to continue doing Agility and didn't want Jagex's arbitrary limit to hold me back from that. I flirted with going for 200m RC a couple of times, but ultimately ended up deciding on sticking with Agility. My friend Suomi was working on 200m in all skills, I knew I was not going to be able to push out the hours to compete against him, and I did not want to be the Suomi Jr. I created a niche of my own instead.

What I felt during Agility all depended on the music playing. I had certain songs that were relaxing. I had others that I used to get pumped up and help me stay awake if I was going for a record.

Nope. It was a journey and I am happy that I had all the experiences I did with it. The only main negative is that it delayed me getting my career going, but I also was not the type of person at the time that had the values and work ethic to follow through on it either. In an odd way, RuneScape helped build that up in me and to be proud of the work I did. The challenges I had to overcome also made other challenges in the real world seem easy in comparison. It's also much harder to impress me as well.

Edited by Jebrim

3 minutes ago, Jebrim said:

I set a goal. A very public goal in fact that made me very well known within the RuneScape community. I had to meet my goal. Failure was not an option since the embarrassment from it would be too much.

It was also why I had to win King of the Skill for Agility. I had to defend my title as the best in Agility. I had a lot more to lose than to gain from that. Doing it though also helped me cement the trifecta of skilling achievements: long-term endurance (1b Agility grind), nolifing (RuneTracker and CML records), and maximum xp/hr rates (KotS). I set #1 records in all category for Agility.

did u make any money of any sort during those competitions (stream etc)? 

Discord_HETwQJ1v4w.png.f36b96e3805b96e1af7b65a9cf2d7834.png

image.png.8123a2549fedaeb3ec2e979f2d401964.png

bc69bb0703.png

ROT MotM April 2011

ROT Official 2011-2016

Respect for having the courage to express who you are as a person even though I have very different life views to you.

Also, respect for being so dedicated and focused towards a goal that was meaningful to you.

What was/is your favorite activity to do while agility grinding.  Music?  TV show?  Or do you just power through?

If agility wasn't a skill in OSRS, what would you have gone for instead?

Have to add one trolly question in honor of my man @Mk 17.  Would you rather pork AOC, knowing that she isn't marriage material, or Ted Cruz if he underwent gender reassignment surgery and became a female (definitely not gay) but still looked like Ted Cruz?

7R85FSe.png

1 hour ago, Mk 17 said:

Hello thanks for doing the ama dude 

Having seen some of your videos of you in person have you ever been diagnosed with some sort of social disorder? What do you believe makes you come across as so friggin weird? 

Do you consider having 1 billion experience on a click to move game an achievement and if so, how do you usually tell people that you have spent so much time pursuing this? 

We’re your parents or family worried for you? Obviously now you have 2 degrees but I’m sure being in your 20s a grown ass man repeatedly clicking over and over again for what I can only assume extremely long hours may have raised some questions, I’m sure if my mum came round and saw me in my pants clicking an agility course for the last 20 hours she would probably have phoned the authorities to send me to the loony box. 

Finally, when do you think your brain may mature to the point of a fully formed adults? Do you think you will continue craving billions of experience points on a medieval simulator even as a grown ass 30 something year old man? 

thanks mate 

No, I have not been diagnosed with any mental disorder. In fact, I don't believe in the whole Psychology/Psychiatry fields. Having a long philosophical history of approaching Epistemology as a Skeptic, it is very difficult for me to just blindly embrace soft sciences that lack any rigor. They are not falsifiable via counterexamples due to the reliance on statistics, controlled experiments that isolate variables cannot be performed, and they can't predict anything.

Yes, it is an achievement. I worked my butt off for it. I usually tell them that I spent 17k out of 24k hours on RuneScape running around virtual obstacle courses and that I'm #1 in the game at what I do.

My parents were not actively involved in my life. I moved across the country when I was 18. My mother passed away when I was 23.

RuneScape has not been a priority for me for many years. I have been focused these past few years on becoming a man that is able to be a responsible father and husband that can provide for his family. You can see that in just looking at how much my Xp gains dropped after I maxed in OSRS. The 6 years between 2008 and 2013 were where the bulk of my hours have been. My time on RS has crashed since. I don't even play anymore. My goals were the only thing keeping my around and I have now completed them.

• Like 3
  • yikes 1

6 minutes ago, 3lite said:

Respect for having the courage to express who you are as a person even though I have very different life views to you.

Also, respect for being so dedicated and focused towards a goal that was meaningful to you.

What was/is your favorite activity to do while agility grinding.  Music?  TV show?  Or do you just power through?

If agility wasn't a skill in OSRS, what would you have gone for instead?

Have to add one trolly question in honor of my man @Mk 17.  Would you rather pork AOC, knowing that she isn't marriage material, or Ted Cruz if he underwent gender reassignment surgery and became a female (definitely not gay) but still looked like Ted Cruz?

dont get dicouraged by this libtard saying ted cruz could become female, u dont "become" female, u are and u remain what god made u when u slipped out smfh 

• Like 3
  • sus 1

Discord_HETwQJ1v4w.png.f36b96e3805b96e1af7b65a9cf2d7834.png

image.png.8123a2549fedaeb3ec2e979f2d401964.png

bc69bb0703.png

ROT MotM April 2011

ROT Official 2011-2016

1 hour ago, Creep said:

Was your goal to reach 1b agility xp from the very beginning? What was it like starting over on a new account after reaching 200m on the previous?

In 2006, my goal was just to get 99 Agility and a single digit rank. Less than 100 people had 99 Agility at the time and skill capes were not out yet. I managed to get level 80 Agility and was in the top 2k of players as 2007 came around. I then disappeared for a few months due to irl reasons and came back at around 4k rank. Some of my old Agility friends had become top ranks in the skill and I wanted to compete with them. 200m Agility became the big goal from then on, starting from when I was in my lvl 80s. I ended up eventually dating two of the Agility ranks I competed with after passing them both on the hiscores. 🙂

Starting over was an interesting experience. It gave me an excuse to do noobier courses. I have always loved mastering the whole skill, not just the fastest courses in the game. This experience with noobier courses is actually what had helped me win King of the Skill in later years.

1 hour ago, Mk 17 said:

Are you severely depressed and turn to “god” for answers and a place to feel better about yourself? 

Nope. I have always generally had good self-esteem. I turned to God because I came to believe that God's way works best and that Jesus actually died and returned from the grave to walk this Earth. The Resurrection is the cornerstone of the Christian faith.

As for the broader concept of a Creator, we are just as much the technology that God created for us in this Universe we live in as Andrew Gower is the God of the Gielinor Universe that he created. If true AI ever existed within RuneScape, no amount of scientific analysis about its environment could ever tell it about the outside world that you and I live in. It would only be through direct communication from the outside world into it that this AI could ever learn anything about our world. It is with this same analogy that I view God's relationship with us. The Bible is a recording of the various times in history that God has "logged in" and communicated with His Creation and shared his Word with us.