I am Ghjjf - Ask me anything

Brian

19 minutes ago, Embraceanger said:

Best looking female Runescaper you've ever seen?

Best looking male Runescaper you've ever seen?

If Burkelee2 was legitimate, then no contest. Some people have doubts that was really her but I don't know what she would have faked it for because she never like edated or asked people for shit or anything.

P min3r

• Haha 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Just now, Echliurn said:

What was the deal with Dkm-, was it like Bibbleboy where Karl put on this "Internet persona" and when he retired basically admitted he's just a nice guy that lived up role-playing a cunt or was Jason legit just that angry and didn't give a shit?

I loved the guy don't get me wrong but he proper lived that angry flaming pker stereotype, he seemed to just vanish too, but yeah, was that just him as a person or did he just play the aggressive cunt?  Did you get contact with him again after he went awol?

Do you think people like Karl, Jason, Slicer, Zmyth, hell even guys like Sim0n and killerconvic etc survived better back in the day with how they flamed and talked shit because there was less doxing and more anonymity with the Internet?  I'd even put you in that question because you had that "feared" vibe behind you with the original DI.  Clans didn't really get personal until the later years but I do wonder if that would have shaped the attitude pkers and especially Old DI (can't deny DI wasn't known for shit talking) had?

dkm- was definitely just acting hard on the internet. If you remember Sircoolio and Jeremy Carr knew him IRL and they said he was a lot different IRL. I guess people like to put on an act on the internet. After he left RS I never saw him again and Sircoolio actually lost contact with Jason after he moved to university. Prank calling him on TS a few times probably didn't help their friendship.

It was definitely a lot easier to hide behind an internet persona back then. Remember this is all pre smart phones, instagram, snapchat etc. People didn't have to prove anything about their IRLs in a sense. No one even considered involving peoples IRL in it. Age was also a factor though. Kids tend to pretend they're something they're not. There was a lot more personalities around then, even if they were fake. The vast majority of these people were probably actually fine IRL. The personalities made the clan scene what it was though. These people were bigger than the clan in a way.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

12 minutes ago, Brian said:

Burkelee2

Lost in time, like tears in rain...

Who had the best leaked nudes, male or female, that you had seen? You must have seen all of them out there in all your time, whether you wanted to or not lol

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Brian said:

I think a lot of this goes back to my early experiences of leadership. Realistically in the early days and probably into 05, people got promoted on name and not merit. There was a lot of big names around back then still and a lot of those got promoted. That basically led to a lot of people not doing their job or not doing anything. That led to me doing everything myself. I always felt after that, that if you want a job done well you do it yourself. In the RS2 era the clan just seemed to function best that way. Whenever I wasn't there things seemed to go badly. So I just stuck with that approach until the end.

I'd say I delegated more in the OSRS era for sure, so I don't think a lack of delegation led to me being burned out, but more so having to be on top of everything all the time, even if I didn't have a direct hand in it.

Assuming you're referring to when you were in the clan in the OSRS era, advisor was pretty much what it said on the tin, basically to discuss and offer advice on everything. I'd say council was at the time serving as a trial for advisor. The thing that happened here though is all our advisors retired etc before anyone bar Olde was ready to move up, which he did. You have to remember that by the time Foyboy quit, he was the last old/original DI left in the rank team. It's not that I didn't trust others, but these were people I'd worked with for probably about a year or two at that stage, vs the original people I'd worked with for years and years. I think in any clan there's always going to be people you're more comfortable with telling certain stuff rather than others, regardless of their rank.

I never really set out roles for people, it was more do what you're good at and do it well. If you see a gap and think there's something you can do then do it. For example Ashley was good with dealing with applicants so we let her do that. I'd agree though it "seemed" like people did nothing because a lot of stuff was behind the scenes. That's the way I like to operate myself and a lot of that probably wore off on other people. Towards the end our rank team was actually very small because there wasn't a lot to do. I never liked being rank heavy.

How does the leadership team in Tempest function vs how the one in DI did? I see at least 12 members that per title/position on the memberlist could be considered leadership, which to me in my limited experience would constitute rank heavy. Does each role/person have a job? 

4 minutes ago, Embraceanger said:

Lost in time, like tears in rain...

Who had the best leaked nudes, male or female, that you had seen? You must have seen all of them out there in all your time, whether you wanted to or not lol

Probably the one that I'd imagine most people saw was Coheed? Rells got posted a lot after hers were leaked. Both of those were ones I probably could have done without seeing though. I don't really remember any "good" ones that were leaked to be honest, not anyone in DI anyway. Most I saw weren't good.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

15 minutes ago, Brian said:

dkm- was definitely just acting hard on the internet. If you remember Sircoolio and Jeremy Carr knew him IRL and they said he was a lot different IRL. I guess people like to put on an act on the internet. After he left RS I never saw him again and Sircoolio actually lost contact with Jason after he moved to university. Prank calling him on TS a few times probably didn't help their friendship.

It was definitely a lot easier to hide behind an internet persona back then. Remember this is all pre smart phones, instagram, snapchat etc. People didn't have to prove anything about their IRLs in a sense. No one even considered involving peoples IRL in it. Age was also a factor though. Kids tend to pretend they're something they're not. There was a lot more personalities around then, even if they were fake. The vast majority of these people were probably actually fine IRL. The personalities made the clan scene what it was though. These people were bigger than the clan in a way.

That makes sense, I remember one of my rl friends fucked dkm over on a spy account and shitting myself when he messaged me on msn because of how he came across haha.  Didn't even realise they knew him rl.

Do you miss the days of personalities?  I know what you mean, I definitely think one of the clan downfalls was losing the certain spark people had.

Edited by Echliurn

Speaking of Sam Egnar - is he still around? I think I recall him being in ROT at one point too. Or TSC (but most likely ROT)

Edited by Lavigne

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

On that previous point, i personally always hated the name changing update, i always remembered clans with personalities, members who stuck out more than even the clan itself sometime, how did you yourself find that update?  I imagine with the intel you had it was easy to track who was who ingame but i always felt the scene lost that charm when players went from a known name to 1249u34u2 etc.  If you kept up on other clan forums, which i didnt, you could keep up with certain people but ingame it just lost that touch for me personally, how did you feel about it?

Did players like Egner Charlie, DDK(Sharks crew, forgot the name) even Slashiroth to an extent, come from clans or where they just popular players at the time?  I dont ever actually remember them being clanners but they were prominent players in the scene back then

15 minutes ago, Embraceanger said:

How does the leadership team in Tempest function vs how the one in DI did? I see at least 12 members that per title/position on the memberlist could be considered leadership, which to me in my limited experience would constitute rank heavy. Does each role/person have a job? 

Well a major difference between clans then and clans now is back then ranks were kinda expected to be daily/100% active. That isn't the case in clans now/here. So while it might seem "rank heavy" it isn't really and it's more so about having coverage between all ranks combined. I'd say some people have specific roles because it's something they excel at. But we also have specific "jobs" that multiple people are capable of doing when they have the time/they're free etc. If you limit those jobs to one person and that person isn't there you're gonna be stuck.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

17 minutes ago, Echliurn said:

That makes sense, I remember one of my rl friends fucked dkm over on a spy account and shitting myself when he messaged me on msn because of how he came across haha.  Didn't even realise they knew him rl.

Do you miss the days of personalities?  I know what you mean, I definitely think one of the clan downfalls was losing the certain spark people had.

Kinda, like you post a topic or something and you knew you were going to do battle with a certain person on zybez like Franzk rather than DS. It just made things a lot more interesting. Everyone is pretty much nameless now. Just another member of their clan.

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

16 minutes ago, Lavigne said:

Speaking of Sam Egnar - is he still around? I think I recall him being in ROT at one point too. Or TSC (but most likely ROT)

I don't remember him being around in the OSRS era at all, but I might be wrong. I think he kind of faded away after AG died (even though he wasn't in AG AFAIK), so probably around the BH era.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

6 minutes ago, Echliurn said:

On that previous point, i personally always hated the name changing update, i always remembered clans with personalities, members who stuck out more than even the clan itself sometime, how did you yourself find that update?  I imagine with the intel you had it was easy to track who was who ingame but i always felt the scene lost that charm when players went from a known name to 1249u34u2 etc.  If you kept up on other clan forums, which i didnt, you could keep up with certain people but ingame it just lost that touch for me personally, how did you feel about it?

Did players like Egner Charlie, DDK(Sharks crew, forgot the name) even Slashiroth to an extent, come from clans or where they just popular players at the time?  I dont ever actually remember them being clanners but they were prominent players in the scene back then

I think the name changing update was the worst RS update ever, even worse than the removal of wilderness/free trade. You identified characters by their name. All of a sudden people were changing their identity and you didn't know who was who in game. Yea the characters were still the same on forums obviously but it was still nice to see an enemy in game etc.

Most of those guys weren't really clanners. They might have been briefly in clans but you wouldn't really associate them with clans. Again it was a time when people could make an identity for themselves and be bigger than clans. In general, high level mage bank pkers were known by the wider community.

• Like 1
  • heart 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

2 hours ago, Brian said:

Ekaggen

dkm-

Oergg

Foyboy

Tomisme

Simply because these were the people I worked most with over the years

*@True 2k8has left the chat*

• Haha 1

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png