We are Pure Hatred, Ask Us Anything ft Krunal930, Ghghgh7303, Ultimair & Wee Man

Wee Man

12 hours ago, Embraceanger said:

What were some pros and cons of a CC team over a traditional clan?

It was a fantastic place to dip your toes into PvP for the first time. There was no expectations of skill or time commitment plus no official recruitment process so it was very easy to just take a lap round the GE on a BH/PvP world and get a cc full of people to hit up the wild or fally. You'd be surprised how many people still around today came from that CC team era of pking or the W141 CWA scene which I think had a similar system but were focused on the clan wars arena rather than the wilderness/pvp worlds.

The cons were that you couldn't stop teams of people entering your CC with the intention to kill you all once you were in a good spot or potentially just leak your loc to other clans or ccs around. There was also not a lot of dedication since people could just hop around CCs until they found one who was winnings/pulling more. Obviously another pitfall was there was essentially zero quality. Half the clan chat was there as cannon fodder for the people who knew what they were doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man

11 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

What did you dislike about Genesis? What drove the hatred?

They had an air of superiority about them that hadn't been earned if I remember correctly. A lot of people definitely wanted to put them in their place a little bit and then once the crash war started everyone involved was talking a lot of shit or even going as far as doxing each other etc. So once the cat was out of the bag so to speak there was no coming back until one of us closed.

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

18 hours ago, Nick said:

While other clans closed when EOC hit, why do you think ph was one of the only clans able to not only remain open but have great success with EOC warring?

We put quite a bit of time and effort into trying to understand how the new abilities worked and actually made an attempt to work out the best way to war with them. It wouldn't have lasted long, the system was total dogshit and it just wasn't the same game anymore by that point. OSRS being announced reinvigorated us to keep playing a little longer but I think the writing was on the wall by that point for the clan which is why we closed early into OSRS.

Edited by Wee Man

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

7 hours ago, Nick said:

In hindsight, do you think killing Genesis on 07 actually hurt PH as we had nobody else our size to fight?

Nah. It's true that our beef with Gen was what kept the clan going way past the point it should have but the burnout was there before OSRS came out. Most of us were picking up more responsibilities irl, time became scarce and we really just didn't want to run a clan any longer.

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

6 hours ago, Adam_ said:

what did you think of wilderness era /  bh + clw era / pvp world era / eoc compared to each other? what about osrs? 

Wilderness Era: I wasn't around for but sounded fun just from the sheer amount of PvP players back then.

BH Era: I'm assuming you mean the original crater era, I wasn't involved in clanning at that point in time and know very little about it.

PvP/BH world era: This is the era I look back to because it's where I started. It was all downhill from here for the most part. 

Eoc era: Total dogshit and ruined the game.

OSRS era: The most fun I've had since 2010/2011.

• Like 1

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

15 minutes ago, MILAD said:

I remember you guys having a crashwar (PH+DF) with Solace. What triggered the issue and how did it come to end?

u1x3ufH.png

god bless zetaboards for still being alive in some form lmao. Found this is our old council section. How it ended I'm not sure but I think that year we had the beef with Gen and got involved in the big holy/slave alliance crashwar where we were on the same side as Solace, TT and Downfall so I imagine it got squashed fairly quickly.

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

@ any of you:

Would you agree that PH was a clan that relied on crash wars as their primary source of action?

If you hadn't have ended up in a rivalry/crash war with Genesis, who do you think would have taken their place instead?

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

56 minutes ago, Ace said:

@ any of you:

Would you agree that PH was a clan that relied on crash wars as their primary source of action?

If you hadn't have ended up in a rivalry/crash war with Genesis, who do you think would have taken their place instead?

little bit of everything tbh. Definitely need some sort of rivalry or beef going on to keep us engaged. We'd have probably just ended up crashing someone else if not Gen, not sure who.

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

11 hours ago, Wee Man said:

u1x3ufH.png

god bless zetaboards for still being alive in some form lmao. Found this is our old council section. How it ended I'm not sure but I think that year we had the beef with Gen and got involved in the big holy/slave alliance crashwar where we were on the same side as Solace, TT and Downfall so I imagine it got squashed fairly quickly.

Honestly, the crash war with Solace would've gone better if we did it ourselves. This is not shitting on Downfall in any way, but with Downfall we were fighting Solace straight on head to head. If we were by ourselves we could've applied asymmetrical warfare essentially. We were very good at ruining fights for clans larger than us that got involved in crash wars. The Pure Downies fights in the Holy Alliance VS Slave alliance were great though, no regrets teaming with Downfall there.

Sometimes with these crash wars it's not about winning a head on fight directly, but making the other guy lose their planned fights and having their members feel like they were wasting their time ingame. We were okay with not having standard fights and just crashing, most other clans were not and would see attrition after a while. 

This is something we did to Genesis in OSRS when they had fights outside of our timezone, we'd hit their returners/stragglers and then log out or go to singles if they stopped the fight. I remember this one time Genesis was fighting Divine Forces they stopped the fight a dozen times except they couldn't find us most of the time after they stopped. @True 2k8was actually leading DF ingame at the time and I remember he was super annoyed at Genesis for stopping the fight so many times and at us for crashing.

Tl;dr we were the Taliban

Edited by Ghghgh7303