Eternal Honour's AMA (3lite, Grug, Slaughter17, Xero)

3lite

I remember me and Silverdemon2 trying to join this clan. Grug was the one who talked me into it. Problem was there was a member named blknight in it which had been exposed in my friends circle as being a man pretending to be a girl.

So of course this person wanted to avoid us like the plague and cried to Broski. Broski gave me and Silver an ultimatum. He would let us try to join if we would drop the accusations about blk’s gender. Before I could even answer, Silver went on the topic and said fuck that, Blk’s a man. So i got banned off the forums looool.

So I ended up back in Vr or Corr, can’t remember which. But I would of actually joined Eh. I respected what they had going on. My limited perception was they had a good commmunity, a completely different culture of people to interact with from what I usually was around. That was what I was seeking, a solid place with less toxicity to join. Good times lol.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 8:53 AM, true said:

@Vanuckle

Could you talk more about the falling out with the Aussies? Not sure if I've ever heard the details now I'm curious.

(The AEST clan was Silent Reckoning, right?)

G'day True,

Good memory, Silent Reckoning was one of the larger Aussie clans..however, it did close a long time before the Aussie unit joined EH. SR was originally lead by Dricho and Evil Noki and then later lead by Koray and myself. Can't remember which year we closed but we didn't join directly from SR. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone, Reg 104 here. 

My question is for 3lite or any of the other officials.

When I joined EH it was to follow my Auzzie brother, Rocky238. He actively pissed in my ear and attempted to recruit me for months..as well as many other people to the clan..I don't even know if he knew he was doing it..sneaky! Rocky spoke extremely highly of the officials of the the clan, especially Islamia, 3lite, Slaughter and UnbrokenXero. 3lite was DEFINITELY his man crush..he loved him more than me! When I joined the clan I was surprised at how well loved he was by the members..for hours going crazy on TS, never leaving until it was over (usually pretty pissed and cranky if we called it) 

• QUESTION: If he hadn't left..I'd like to think he may have eventually moved up the ranks especially under his bromance 3lite's guidance? Thoughts?
    • EDIT: QUESTION: Did EH's skilling community / non-warring members / community have an effect on EH's ability in quickly assembling for spur trips and fights? I personally think we had a pretty good balance..however, I did find it frustrating at times as I loved the thrill of a fight. 

• Most of the questions I thought of have been answered through the thread. 
  • For me, looking back on my time at EH..I loved every minute of it, It was the first larger clan I ventured to after leaving the AEST tz. and it was one of the funnest experiences I had on the game.  Best moment for me - The 12-15 hour pkri with VR where we finally finished them near Spider Hill.

Thanks for organising this and allowing people the opportunity to pose questions that have been on people's minds. 

Edited by Anton
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Anton said:
  • EDIT: QUESTION: Did EH's skilling community / non-warring members / community have an effect on EH's ability in quickly assembling for spur trips and fights? I personally think we had a pretty good balance..however, I did find it frustrating at times as I loved the thrill of a fight. 

I know I'm not actually part of the AMA, but as one of the skillers in EH I can say that I would rarely drop what I was doing for non-mandatory PK trips. I honestly was never a fan of pvp in Runescape. Not sure why I was always in large pvp clans (ZF, ST, EH). The very few times I did come it was always like oh wow DP9 is here guys. I'm sure others were the same way too. But I also liked that about EH, it had quite a diversity in interests. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

u guys still in touch with green viking was a old school friend of mine back in 04/05

All I know is that he joined RSD briefly after EH closed up. He didn`t stay for long I believe.

Q2Qhkdy.png

35 minutes ago, Ava_Ad0re said:

Milad!

Oh my God! It's actually Jen! ❤️ How are you doing? Jesus the nostalgia train just kicked in when I saw your name! Good to see you here ❤️

Edited by MILAD

Q2Qhkdy.png

2 hours ago, MILAD said:

Oh my God! It's actually Jen! ❤️ How are you doing? Jesus the nostalgia train just kicked in when I saw your name! Good to see you here ❤️

It s actually Milad! ❤️ I don't want to derail the topic but I'd love to know how you're doing ☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Anton said:

G'day True,

Good memory, Silent Reckoning was one of the larger Aussie clans..however, it did close a long time before the Aussie unit joined EH. SR was originally lead by Dricho and Evil Noki and then later lead by Koray and myself. Can't remember which year we closed but we didn't join directly from SR. 

Gotcha, yeah I use to lurk around SR around multi-bh and even stole my good buddy @Tom (Gir2jr) to UBH :classic_cool:

Glad to see you around these parts, Anton! Good luck with EOS.

aUBwTQ1.png

As someone that wasn't around during the period of EH, it's been really interesting to read about your experiences and, from my perspective, especially how EH continued and adapted some of the values carried across from ST. I think it's safe to say that EH became it's own thing and in many ways eclipsed the clans that came before it.

Not having been around for the late 2006 to 2009 era, my questions are more focused on the transition from ST to EH.

What were your opinions on ST closing when and how it did? Did your perspective change when you later decided to close EH?

What were some things from ST you valued and carried across to EH?

What were some things from ST you didn't like and were glad to leave in the past and change how they were done in EH?

Did EH cop any grief for being a "remake" (EH definitely seems to have outgrown any such ideas though), similar to how ST would get comments about the ZF past (despite there being an actual ZF-remake)? Do you have any general thoughts on the line of clans leading up to EH and of it affected anything for you?

@Grug why has every clan you've been in closed and why is it your fault? ? Jk you know I love you. Think it shows the dedication you always had to what you signed up for!

Edited by Flummbullen
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ava_Ad0re said:

It s actually Milad! ❤️ I don't want to derail the topic but I'd love to know how you're doing ☺️

I'm doing good!  Life has been nothing but generous and kind to me, thank you xo. How are doing? ❤️

19 minutes ago, Flummbullen said:

As someone that wasn't around during the period of EH, it's been really interesting to read about your experiences and, from my perspective, especially how EH continued and adapted some of the values carried across from ST. I think it's safe to say that EH became it's own thing and in many ways eclipsed the clans that came before it.

Not having been around for the late 2006 to 2009 era, my questions are more focused on the transition from ST to EH.

What were your opinions on ST closing when and how it did? Did your perspective change when you later decided to close EH?

What were some things from ST you didn't like and were glad to leave in the past and change how they were done in EH?

@Grug why has every clan you've been in closed and why is it your fault? ? Jk you know I love you. Think it shows the dedication you always had to what you signed up for!

nämen tjena Flummis

Q2Qhkdy.png

On 11/29/2020 at 1:11 AM, Yoto32 said:

I'm doing real well, started an ironman almost two years ago and I've been having the most fun on rs I ever had. What have you been up to?

I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread before but I cbf to go back and read 9 pages of conversation. What type of clan was EH that attracted so many mature people? What set it apart from the other clans, and were there active steps taken by EH leadership to attract those kind of people or was it organic and members just sort of self-selected? It's funny, I'm pretty sure the entire clan world was in their teens back then, and teenagers aren't exactly known for their maturity.

Yea it was really just to keep up appearances, because no doubt that EH members would have been objective and restrained moderating their own topics. And that was Brad's big problem, because not only did we mostly just promote EH members, but current CLs kept joining them! Now that I think about it I think it was specifically you joining EH that prompted Brad's post. Unfortunately that was not one of the topics I saved, but it's still stuck in my mind.

I honestly just think we were seen as quite a mature clan. We did have a lot of fun, but we were respectful. 

47 minutes ago, Flummbullen said:

I actually cried. From what I remember, I was quite close to becoming a council member so I was heart broken. I honestly questioned why the clan couldn't have just continued under new leadership, which leads into your next question. Yes, my perspective of ST closing definitely changed after it came time for us to make the same decision with EH.

We definitely wanted to continue and expand upon the the ideals that ST stood for as a clan. That was something very clear from the start, we wanted to make sure we kept those values.

I honestly cannot remember anything from ST that I didn't like. I loved the clan.

Did EH cop any grief for being a "remake", similar to how ST would get comments about the ZF past (despite there being an actual ZF-remake)? Do you have any general thoughts on the line of clans leading up to EH and of it affected anything for you?
We did cop a little bit of grief, but I think we did very well to distance ourselves from ST. We made sure that we were invite only to create a core membership base, and we did not accept any applications for a long time after we opened. We also kept our heads relatively low and just focused on building a community.

I never ever left a clan. I was there till the very end for all of them ❤️

• heart 2

11 hours ago, Anton said:

Hi everyone, Reg 104 here. 

My question is for 3lite or any of the other officials.

When I joined EH it was to follow my Auzzie brother, Rocky238. He actively pissed in my ear and attempted to recruit me for months..as well as many other people to the clan..I don't even know if he knew he was doing it..sneaky! Rocky spoke extremely highly of the officials of the the clan, especially Islamia, 3lite, Slaughter and UnbrokenXero. 3lite was DEFINITELY his man crush..he loved him more than me! When I joined the clan I was surprised at how well loved he was by the members..for hours going crazy on TS, never leaving until it was over (usually pretty pissed and cranky if we called it) 

• QUESTION: If he hadn't left..I'd like to think he may have eventually moved up the ranks especially under his bromance 3lite's guidance? Thoughts?

In EH, there were two separate paths for leadership.  There was the commander path for fall in leaders and the officer path for council members.  Rocky (as it should be evident in this AMA) was a really beloved member in the EH community.  He did a lot for the clan by recruiting new members, being really affable, binding in all fights, and (especially) in motivating members.  I see Rocky's first two mentioned attributes as being key for a council member, but his motivation and warring focus as being more key to a commander.  The most important job for a commander was leading fall ins, which Rocky did on some very rare occasions, but I don't think he was comfortable with yet.

I can not say for sure if Rocky would have moved up in the ranks.  He had some attributes which were really valuable, but would have needed some additional guidance to help him get there.  I think if Rocky would have the time to get more experience leading fall ins, he may have made a really great commander.  Few members in EH pumped up our base like Rocky did.

Every clan had a different approach to community and warring frequency.  Some of our members were really only interested in one or (perhaps) two large fights on the weekend, desiring to do other activites throughout the week.  This really frustrated a lot of the members who were more interested in a clan that was very active during the week pking. 

It would put leaders into a bit of a quandary because the only way to have weekday PKs and appeal to a large portion of the community not interested in weekday PKs was to make them non-mandatory.  However, if a non-mandatory pk trip were to get hit by a rival clan, then the leadership is put into a tough spot of taking a free/easy loss from a rival or making the pk trip mandatory (to the detriment of the community-oriented members).  Therefore, there were many times when we couldn't realistically host weekday PKs whenever we wanted without EoS/VR taking advantage of that approach.  I saw pking activity as a trade off in EH - do we want to pk lots, pull fewer members, and compete with smaller clans, or do we want to pk primarily on the weekends, pull high numbers, and compete with the large clans?  Leadership directed focus and vision more toward the latter.  I saw those members focused on community and those focused on increased PK activity as equals, with both groups being important for EH's success.

• Most of the questions I thought of have been answered through the thread. 
  • For me, looking back on my time at EH..I loved every minute of it, It was the first larger clan I ventured to after leaving the AEST tz. and it was one of the funnest experiences I had on the game.  Best moment for me - The 12-15 hour pkri with VR where we finally finished them near Spider Hill.

Thanks for organising this and allowing people the opportunity to pose questions that have been on people's minds. 

9 hours ago, Vegeta said:

u guys still in touch with green viking was a old school friend of mine back in 04/05

I haven't seen Green Viking in a long time, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Flummbullen said:

ST closing was a shock to so many members and there was an reaction of grief and confusion.  I wasn't in ST for that long before closing, but my reaction was primarily sadness because I felt I had found a home and a team that I could be proud to be a part of.  I wasn't really interested in joining any of the other clans around, so when I read the post, I was worried for what I personally might do.  I don't believe at the time I had any negative feelings toward the ST leadership and respected their decision.  There was no anger or feelings of blame - it was just sadness.

I never thought about how the EH closure was similar or different to ST, but one thing that ST had but EH didn't was a long-term follow up clan that kept the community together.  A regret I have isn't about closing but about not having a more proactive way to keep people connected.

Many of the honor values that EH held were carry-overs from ST. Because most of EH's starting members originated from ST, the community of EH was much more similar to ST than many of the other clans during the period.

The only thing I can think of here is ST's stance on long fights.  I remember the longest fights we had while I was in ST being around 4 hours long.  There was a point when ST was unwilling to fight for longer periods, which I felt could be taken advantage of too easily by rival clans.  Along similar lines and as discussed earlier in the AMA, we originally held ST's values on dragging, but had to drop those to be competitive.

Did EH cop any grief for being a "remake" (EH definitely seems to have outgrown any such ideas though), similar to how ST would get comments about the ZF past (despite there being an actual ZF-remake)? Do you have any general thoughts on the line of clans leading up to EH and of it affected anything for you?

I think at first the community saw us as an ST remake (which was probably a fair assessment) but as time went on, I would say we were able to create our own image and we became less and less viewed as being related to ST or ZF.  By the end of EH, very few ZF members remained in EH.  I think an interesting thought experiment would be to drop a ZF member from December 2004, an ST member from December 2006, and an EH member from December 2008 all into a room and ask "what makes your clan successful?"  I bet you'd get three very different answers.

For something personal... I did consider the lineage of ST when applying for the clan.  I was proud of my time in Gladiatorz and Gladz saw ZF as (likely) their biggest rival in the era that I was a part of that clan.  I was worried about what perceptions would be from my old friends on my choice and if they would feel betrayed.  However, EH and Gladz always had a pretty positive relationship and so I think the worry was more my own perception about what others would think than reality.

• Thanks 1

7R85FSe.png