Eternal Honour's AMA (3lite, Grug, Slaughter17, Xero)

3lite

18 hours ago, 3lite said:

I've actually always wondered about this, if EH was unique in this regard.  EH used to host tanking practice events fairly regularly where our PK leaders would demonstrate proper hugging technique and how to eat in one tick with pizzas + other food.  We would take turns piling a member at random and "testing" them.  Maybe a practice every 2-3 months on average.

Was this something that other clans did?

We actually found out you guys did this, and would start doing this at the end of Pkri's/wars. Not nearly as often as you guys did tho.

Then we had posts on forums showing the best hugging spots and what not.

DF 11/7/06 - 12/31/16

ahri sig.png

33 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

Is there another game (doesn't have to have been out at the time though obviously it only would've worked that way in actuality) you could've seen yourselves successfully moving to instead of closing, similar to how EoS moved to Albion albeit after a bit of waiting? What game?

I, unfortunately, don't think so.  A few people remained together playing WoW.  About 5-10 of us played Dota together.  There were a few other games that our members played together on, but nothing with the scale of RS that would support a large part of the community.

Do you guys play any other games now?

Check Grug's stream:

@3lite You posted a rather detailed but accurate post imo about why the clan world is the way it is and mentioned how a lot of it is resultant of a strong level of toxicity. If you were put in charge or advising someone put in charge who had full control over the clan world and could make whatever changes, what would you do to address this level of toxicity within reason? Aka banning certain individuals, putting physical ingame restrictions in place such as preventing 1 iteming, creating certain game rules, or whatever else? This is assuming you were to prevent the "kings of ashes" so to speak but obviously with a bit more power than the general player or clan leader would have, but presumably without just saying 'ok we're all just doing CWA now'.

I think you nailed it in your next question.  I think there would need to be something like a council of like-minded clan leaders getting together to set up rules that all would make a pact to abide by.  The collective group would need to have each other's back, putting differences aside, in matters like ACing.  Someone crashes a fight?  Both clans temporarily stop to battle that clan, calling others in the group to AC.  When a strong AC force arrives, the two initial battling clans agree to hop worlds.  The crashing clan hops too?  Repeat the process.  It wouldn't be fun for the crashing clan and those in the group could gloat about how the crashers were running from/hopping away from an AC force.  I have no idea if this has been tried already and has failed (very likely).

I believe the above idea is too idealic and near impossible to achieve because I think members of the group would try to use it as a tool for their own advancement.  For example, some in the group might not be willing to AC, seeing it as a waste of time.  Additionally, I think if the clan world were successful in recovering a bit, there would be less incentive to abide by such a pact.  Therefore, I think the solution I have is not a good one.

As far as implementing actual in-game restrictions with mod-style powers.  I don't think I'd do that.  I think that system already largely exists in CWA.  In CWA you 1.) can't crash, 2.) are penalized for wearing 1 iteming or bad gear through high deaths, 3.) if you try to outlast, it shows you with a terrible K:D, 4.) can set rules if you wish in the interface, and 5.) have a clear winner in the end.

I do believe that @true appears to be a very intelligent leader, who is much more well-versed in the current situation than I am and has genuine good intentions for the clan world.  Between him, and the other great leaders at Tempest, I believe they're going to work out something to make the world a little better.  I'm excited to see what the future holds in that regard, but my ideas above probably aren't the solution.

^ If any of the other 3 of you would want to answer that as well then feel free i'd love to hear the answers.

It's the peak of EH and you're in a meeting with 1 representative from each clan at the time to discuss the clan world, the issues it has and the future of it. Which person would you ideally be dealing with from each clan? 

Using the time frame for which I was most familiar with (sorry to officials who were not active in this timeframe).  Disclaimer: I don't know some of the individuals really well on a personal level, and therefore my statements are based on impressions that I remember from 10 years ago.

Corr - Andy4309 - Always had respect for this guy.  He was pleasant to work with and I believe capable of "outside of the box" thinking necessary for such a group.
DF - Legolas - No disrespect to anyone else in DF.  Lego seemed like an intelligent leader and I hadn't worked as much with many of the other DF leaders.
DI - Brian - Sole leader of DI and strategic in his approach; I think he is necessary in this role.
EoS - Prannoy - Aside from working with Cheezy a little bit, I had the most interaction with Prannoy.  I saw him as a "no bullshit" individual who was to the point.  An attitude like that simultaneously could have the power to get things done on a group like this, or cause it to quickly disband.
RSD - Icedrop - For reasons mentioned previously in the post; very calculated, though I could see him potentially being stubborn.
TT - Bishinmo - He would really hate if it I called him this and I'm sure someone from TT is going to message me later and make fun of me for this - the Prannoy of TT.  I saw Bishinmo as a "no bullshit" guy who set up a code and lived by it.
VR - Nodari or Evizu - Nodari was a high council, but I felt like he was someone who I was able to work across the table with.  If it has to be a leader, I don't remember much about Evizu, but those in VR that mention him see him as an intelligent and fair leader.  I've never heard a VR member speak badly about Evizu or Nodari, and I can't say the same for many other VR officials.

For the record, I believe from EH that Islamia would be a better stand-in than I would be for such a group.  Islamia was more diplomatic and I was so hyper-focused on tactical advantages to gain an edge that I would be more likely to have EH's interests at heart in a discussion to benefit the clan world.  I believe that Broski would be a better choice than I would be as well, though I think Islamia's charisma and ability to reach across the table may serve the group better than Broski, who could be a bit more rigid.

3 hours ago, I Kill Batty said:

What did each of you feel were the peaks of the clan? what made you feel that way?

I'd say EH had three peaks. 

One was early in our life span where we were fighting DS and DI, pulling between 90-100 people to most fights.

Mid-lifespan we had a really good period that (I think) started with an official war with VR where we maxed options.  It was a good impetus to performing really well for awhile.

The last peak was in Spring 2009, where we were pulling 90-130 and (in a row) defeated Corr, VR, RSD, and DF.

I judge those peaks off of strength.

For me, there was also a peak sometime in late 2007 or early 2008, where I was really loving the community activity.  I was playing Dota most nights with Medlin, Tyreal, Durrette, and others.  I was doing god wars a lot with 8309, Ultimoruss, Islamia, Ava Ad0re, Broski, and others.  Our Ventrilo was really active and I could go pal around with everyone pretty much any time of day.  Things just felt really good.

• Like 2

7R85FSe.png

Hello! Thanks for doing the AMA.

Lots of talk about COR from 3lite - I wonder what your take is on your retirement fight and "3lites castle." Forgive me for not remembering every detail and if any of that was wrong feel free to correct. I mean this as no disrespect at all... but I don't remember losing to EH (joined in 2008). Can you expand on that March 2009 fight? Seems you remember things a bit better than I do.

20 hours ago, Empire Mind said:

Hey @3lite @Vanuckle how's it been?

Haven't talked to you 3lite since the good day coming back to OSRS and finding you at the rogue place cooking and we talked for a while and I thought you were coming back to the game at that point.

Did you guys ever feel "hyped/more determined" to winning a fight when going against a certain clan and it'd change your attitude/leadership style for the whole fight?

It was very easy to motivate people to right VR, DI, EoS, etc.  Those clans publicly flamed EH and made their disdain clear and this made it easy to rally the clan to the cause.  It was easier to feed off that energy as a caller and leader as opposed to trying to create that passion and enthusiasm from nothing.  

19 hours ago, I Kill Batty said:

What -apart from people quitting- do you feel has lead to the decline of pvp clanning overall?

Lack of clan support from Jagex.  If there was more of a structured clan support system in place, maybe the clan world wouldn't have devolved as much as it has.  

17 hours ago, Brian said:

To be a clan leader we all know you need to put a serious amount of hours into it, almost as if it was a full time job. Do any of you regret the amount of time you spent on RS during those years looking back on it now?

I don't.  I achieved my degree, I have a successful career job and I received hours of entertainment and enjoyment.  The long fights were exhausting but I don't regret the time I committed to the game as a whole.  

15 hours ago, true said:

Who would you say is the most overrated clan of all time?

Of all time is a pretty significant statement.  So I will say for my era, it was Collision.  

15 hours ago, Kenny said:

Not a question but good to see you do an AMA. EH is a clan that I was aware of but didn't know much about, at the time I was mainly P2P focused clan wise. 

Appreciate it!

14 hours ago, Rclav said:

Hi Guys,

No questions from me but wanted to express my gratitude towards EH's leadership team. Having been my first "big clan" in RS, I have so many great memories from my time in EH. Everyone here's leadership had a lot to do with that. 

Miss you all!

#FindIslamia2020

Thank you man!

My rsn back in the day was Uber N00blet, and I was a commander (Pk leader) in Eh from sometime in 2006 to about 2008. Really cool of 3lite, Xero, S17 and Grug to do this thread. It brings back A LOT of memories, but was a member from the start (and was in St from start to finish as well).

7 hours ago, I Kill Batty said:

What did each of you feel were the peaks of the clan? what made you feel that way?

I can't point to the exact timeframe, and I can't speak for about mid-2008 and forward (I retired around that time), but I'd say our peak while I was there was probably about a year or so after the clan was created. Maybe mid 2007? We were in the discussion with about 4 other clans for the #2 spot. It was super competitive at the time, because I from what I remember us and about 4-5 other clans were very similar in strength. I don't remember who it was, but there was a consensus #1 was at the time (probably Di). Some of those fights we had around that time were A LOT of fun. We were constantly pulling somewhere between 80-100 people, and I felt like we were also one of the most organized. Those fights with VR especially I remember being a lot of fun because of the sort of rivalry we had with them above any other clan really.

It was really cool starting from scratch and being happy with turnouts of around 40-50 and building the clan into what it became.

Edited by Uber
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Flukejiver said:

Looking back, do you have any decisions you regret making during your time in EH?

Just leaving and not being outspoken enough when I felt the clan was not achieving its potential.  

11 hours ago, Eric`` said:

How many times did you each strike @MILAD

None.  Despite wishing I could have.  Strikes were not issued by Commanders.  

8 hours ago, Vanzant said:

Why yes, let me tell you a tale. I remember the early days of EH we did skirmish with one another a couple times

Yes.  I remember these skirmishes!

8 hours ago, Monkey said:

I think this hits the nail on the head. People are so intent on winning that they’ll do just about anything. That, in combination with the advantage a clan has from effectively sucking the fun out of the game for their opponent, has led to things spiraling out of control. Early on, people rationalized certain changes (dragging, returning, etc.) as the clan world evolving, and maybe there was some truth to that. But for the last several years it’s been a race to the bottom.

I don’t have any questions for you all about EH, but I wanted to apologize to those of you who were there (3lite, Grug, Xero, Krystal, to name a few) for the way I acted during my time there. I was an immature little shit, not to mention a dick to some of you on a personal level.

MonkeyFBI135?  If so, no worries, that was over a decade ago.  I try not to hold grudges!

8 hours ago, Josh said:

I don't really have a question, but thanks for the memories. I always remember ST and EH as a good clan to fight against with similar values to myself (even if I'd just troll around on Zybez). After DI closed, It was either TT or EH who I'd join next.

Best of luck to you all.

Thank you!

• Like 1

How do you feel about the ruins east of new gate's name still being called 3lites castle fairly frequently

This was after my time.  I didn't even know it had that nickname.  

7 hours ago, XshinobizX said:

This was a good read lol. There's a lot of information here.

Broski was a stud, and I always liked Islamia. I had a forums spy at the height of our rivalry, and I remember having screenshots of all the trash posted in your internal forums about DF. I posted them around our boards to get us motivated to fight you guys. I think it worked.

Actions like this are an example of what I believe soured the relationship between EH and DF.  But we were never truly allies.  Just had a mutual respect.  That respect definitely declined over the years.  

This is a challenging question.  3lite gave a solid answer earlier.  I vividly remember the first win over DI, the VR rivalry carried so much significance and our rivalry with EoS.  CWA was a strange time but I felt this was an area where EH's organization really showed and allowed us to excel where others who had relied on returning and numbers for success fell flat.  

5 hours ago, Kiwi said:

@3lite

I think it's crazy that we had met that long ago and then ended up in massive clans battling one another from time to time. 

Always loved EH, what you guys stood for, specially in a world where those Honorable lines where often blurried and crossed, you guys remained hands down the most honorable clan. Mad respect.

Thank you.  It's nice to hear that it didn't go unnoticed.  

5 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Is there another game (doesn't have to have been out at the time though obviously it only would've worked that way in actuality) you could've seen yourselves successfully moving to instead of closing, similar to how EoS moved to Albion albeit after a bit of waiting? What game?

@3lite You posted a rather detailed but accurate post imo about why the clan world is the way it is and mentioned how a lot of it is resultant of a strong level of toxicity. If you were put in charge or advising someone put in charge who had full control over the clan world and could make whatever changes, what would you do to address this level of toxicity within reason? Aka banning certain individuals, putting physical ingame restrictions in place such as preventing 1 iteming, creating certain game rules, or whatever else? This is assuming you were to prevent the "kings of ashes" so to speak but obviously with a bit more power than the general player or clan leader would have, but presumably without just saying 'ok we're all just doing CWA now'.

^ If any of the other 3 of you would want to answer that as well then feel free i'd love to hear the answers.

It's the peak of EH and you're in a meeting with 1 representative from each clan at the time to discuss the clan world, the issues it has and the future of it. Which person would you ideally be dealing with from each clan? 

I raided at a top level in WoW for many years after retiring from EH and RS.  WoW is the only other game I've played significantly.  The cultures I've come across in WoW weren't nearly as dynamic and rivalry focused as the RS clan world was.  I think it is because of the nature of the game.  PvE is not comparable to PvP.  For this reason I don't think EH would have been the same in WoW, but EH's community aspect would have really supported a successful guild.  

i don't know that I can fairly answer the last question.  There were leaders I respected but my role was fight focused as opposed to mending relationships and big picture discussions surrounding the future of the clan world.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Uber said:

My rsn back in the day was Uber N00blet, and I was a commander (Pk leader) in Eh from sometime in 2006 to about 2008. Really cool of 3lite, Xero, S17 and Grug to do this thread. It brings back A LOT of memories, but was a member from the start (and was in St from start to finish as well).

Hey Uber, heard lots of good things about you. Make yourself at home. ❤️ 

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

2 hours ago, Patrick said:

is your favorite color green

Gladz and EH

1 hour ago, Hat said:

who was your best binder / blaster and why was it @Rclav

This is too tough to answer.  Rclav was awesome.  Mooij, Giedriuz, Dopie, Majin, Vono, Cobalt, Fiercechamp, Alex Osu, Lil Blaknite, and many others were always binding.

23 minutes ago, Applerune said:

Lots of talk about COR from 3lite - I wonder what your take is on your retirement fight and "3lites castle." Forgive me for not remembering every detail and if any of that was wrong feel free to correct. I mean this as no disrespect at all... but I don't remember losing to EH (joined in 2008). Can you expand on that March 2009 fight? Seems you remember things a bit better than I do.

I remember things a little bit differently than others in EH I've spoken to on the battle records with Corr. I remember EH performing pretty well against VR, EoS, and DI (clans we were more motivated to fight).  I remember EH performing more poorly against TT and DF (clans we had less motivation to fight), but still could pull out wins.  I remember that we fought Corr extremely rarely, which was unusual for a clan that we saw as an enemy clan.  Corr was very difficult for me to plan fights with, as I felt they were less willing to accept fights with EH unless there were lopsided rules in their favor and I believe we were guilty of the same.  I remember Andy as being the leader I worked best with.

The few times we did fight Corr, I remember having an atrocious record against them (if I had to guess, probably ~20-30% win ratio).  Corr seemed to really know how to beat us, even in periods when EH was generally considered on par with or stronger than Corr.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the 3lite's castle fight was different from the March 2009 fight.  It all blurs together.  I remember winning the March 2009 fight (topic here: 
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/eternal_honour/eternal-honour-vs-corruption-t24.html; Video here: 

I remember losing the 3lite's castle fight, but I remember that it was very hard fought on Corr's part with EH having the upperhand most of the fight.  While it was a Corr victory as best I can remember, I don't remember walking away from that one feeling too disheartened or disappointed.  I was thicker skinned than many and didn't really take flames or personal insults seriously. The 3lite's castle thing never really got to me, and so there is no offense taken by your post.  Lastly, perhaps the 3lite's castle fight occurred either later or earlier on than March 2009... I actually think it was maybe in 2008ish as I retired twice and I believe the second time was after a fight with DF in 2009. 

Speaking to Nullusion and some other members, they think that I'm misremembering things and that our record against Corr wasn't as bad as I remember it to be.  So I'd love to hear what S17, Grug, or Xero's thoughts are on what I mentioned above.

For you, @Applerune, I have a question about your perception and thoughts on EH.  I have long suspected that whereas Corr had respect for VR, EoS, DF, and others as being threats, I think Corr viewed EH as an enemy, but an inferior one.  This, in turn, made it really hard for Corr to give us a win, even in situations where it was 10 hours in and Corr looked beat.  The wins that we took off Corr were really hard earned and, to this day, I think Corr was our "weakness" when it came to clans.  Even though I wasn't fond of Corr 10 years ago, respect to you and the Corr guys for your strength and tenacity against EH.

7R85FSe.png

5 hours ago, Victor said:

Legends.

You give us too much credit haha.  We weren't in it for the glory.  

5 hours ago, Kiwi said:

We actually found out you guys did this, and would start doing this at the end of Pkri's/wars. Not nearly as often as you guys did tho.

Then we had posts on forums showing the best hugging spots and what not.

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.  

3 hours ago, Patrick said:

is your favorite color green

No.

2 hours ago, Hat said:

who was your best binder / blaster and why was it @Rclav

We had a few exceptional ones but Lil Blaknite and Xxxjay666 (Teemo) always stood out to me.  

1 hour ago, Applerune said:

You're welcome!  Been a fun trip down memory lane.  

23 minutes ago, Uber said:

I can't point to the exact timeframe, and I can't speak for about mid-2008 and forward (I retired around that time), but I'd say our peak while I was there was probably about a year or so after the clan was created. Maybe mid 2007? We were in the discussion with about 4 other clans for the #2 spot. It was super competitive at the time, because I from what I remember us and about 4-5 other clans were very similar in strength. I don't remember who it was, but there was a consensus #1 was at the time (probably Di). Some of those fights we had around that time were A LOT of fun. We were constantly pulling somewhere between 80-100 people, and I felt like we were also one of the most organized. Those fights with VR especially I remember being a lot of fun because of the sort of rivalry we had with them above any other clan really.

It was really cool starting from scratch and being happy with turnouts of around 40-50 and building the clan into what it became.

Uber!  Good to see you on here dude.  

5 hours ago, Adam_ said:

There were about 10-15 of us in Eh that moved to WoW and had a raiding guild going for a while. We all had a really good time doing that.

5 hours ago, Adam_ said:

I play Valorant/CSGO (more Valorant lately though) and still play OSRS from time to time.

5 hours ago, Adam_ said:

I don't really have an answer for this one.

5 hours ago, Adam_ said:

The three people in particular I remember liking to deal with was Brian from DI, Veseble from DF, and Andy#### from Cor. They were usually pretty respectful and reasonable. Some others weren't so much...

• Like 1