Eternal Honour's AMA (3lite, Grug, Slaughter17, Xero)

3lite

9 minutes ago, true said:

Hey Uber, heard lots of good things about you. Make yourself at home. ❤️ 

He has an OSRS account.  

8 minutes ago, 3lite said:

Quote didn't show up right.  Oh well.  I remember Corr as a clan that was very difficult to setup fights with.  Because of this, the fights were fewer and more spread out.  There are some clans that EH matched up better with, Corr was one of those we did not match up well against in my opinion.  I always felt like fights with Corr were an uphill battle and Corr did an exceptional job targeting our fall in leaders and making us take the brunt of it.  Maybe that's where my perspective shifts, because while our callers and fall in leaders were taking the heat, the pile survived and the members were able to hold up and do more damage.  I remember that fights against Corr and DI my death counts were 50-60+ every fight.  So while I spent the fight getting my ass kicked, EH as a whole could have performed exceptionally well.  

May have been asked already, but best rivalry over the years? When I was DF there was a month (2008/2009ish) EH/DF went back and forth for a few fights and at the time I do remember being extremely motivated to fight EH.

On 8/11/2020 at 4:06 AM, True 2k8 said:

I'm not actually a crazy person ?.

2 minutes ago, Clark Kent said:

May have been asked already, but best rivalry over the years? When I was DF there was a month (2008/2009ish) EH/DF went back and forth for a few fights and at the time I do remember being extremely motivated to fight EH.

VR and it's not even close for me.  They were arch enemy #1.  

19 minutes ago, true said:

Question for @3lite

Could you tell me more about your time in Gladz and how that prepared you for EH?

I was really young and emotionally immature in Gladz, but was present in Gladz at their peak as a Rider of Rohan (pk leader).  I was an active figure in the community and saw value in skiller/community style events.  I was also very active as a PKer, whereas much of the Gladz community was skillers or uninterested in pking, and I led a small group of people that primarily focused on P2P. So, positives from Gladz, were that I knew how to work within a community with a mix of skillers, community members, and pkers, and that I got my first experiences leading in battle.  I do not believe my experience in Gladz greatly shaped the style of community in EH (skilling events/community focused) and believe that EH still would have gone that route even if I were not in the EH leadership team.

However, people learn as much from the negatives as they do from the positives.  Gladiatorz leaders had a fairly hands-off approach to to leading and generally let members do as they pleased.  While I was in Gladz, there were several (fairly disconnected) pking teams, the most famous of which was likely the Ewhenn/Geezerpunk team.  Few tried to unite all of these disparate groups for a common Gladz purpose (Finaltank comes to mind trying to adapt Gladz for large-scale F2P fights).  On forums, Gladz members could openly flame or be toxic to other Gladz members, without retaliation from leadership and with other Gladz stepping in to join the fun.  I left Gladz due to frustrations with the leadership and because I didn't feel like Gladz were adapting from warring to Pking.  When I joined ST, I was fortunate enough to be led by Flummbullen, who had a professional leadership style very different from the Gladiatorz.  I tried to take what I learned from positive experiences with ST and negative experiences with Gladz leadership to be better in EH than I was in Gladz.

With all that said, the biggest inspiration for me as a leader was Broski.  Prior to being a head leader in EH, Broski worked hard to mentor me and foster my growth.

7R85FSe.png

28 minutes ago, true said:

@Uber

What would you say was your best fight/moment as a caller?

Oh man, I don't remember many single clan fights. My favorites were probably my first ones as a commander and having to step up to lead calls. Me and X Zach02 got promoted together and both of us were really new to actually leading the calls, and I remember trying to figure everything out with the rest of the leadership. I remember most of the time we would rotate. Someone would lead all the calls until they died, then the next person would step up, and so on. I'm not sure if other clans did it the same way.

My favorite fights to call in were always wars/miniwars. PKRI's over time kind of got old once they turned into who can return the longest, or who has the most people from a certain timezone still going. Those non-returning wars/miniwars were always A LOT of fun, and those actually felt like they were worth a lot more to me than the PKRIs. There was a lot more strategy involved with trying to knock out the other clan's leadership/callers early, and a few bad calls could easily lose a fight. IMO the PKRIs after a while ended up turning into who had the biggest banks and who had the most time to kill. They didn't necessarily start out that way, but that's definitely what they ended up becoming.

19 minutes ago, Clark Kent said:

Definitely VR. There was a lot of history between the two clans. The two clans didn't really like each other, both were formed around the same time from remnants of other clans, both were always around the same strength. I know if there was one clan at the time I didn't like, it was VR.

Df was always a fun fight for us and I'd say they were probably our second best rivalry. They also came up around the same time as us and they were also usually around the same strength for as us, but we had much more of a friendly rivalry with them.

20 hours ago, Brian said:

To be a clan leader we all know you need to put a serious amount of hours into it, almost as if it was a full time job. Do any of you regret the amount of time you spent on RS during those years looking back on it now?

Yes and no. Regret the impact it had on my real life. Don't regret how much I learned and how much I dedicated to the actual clan. Am proud of the work that I put in and the legacy we were able to leave. During that time, I'm glad members were able to have a great time and I wanted to contribute to that. Wish that I could do both and have it not impact real life so much, but I guess life is all about choices and time put into it.

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

@3lite: Easier to just respond this way instead of quoting your reply - 

Long reply incoming, 

Andy4309 was a very diplomatic clan official. He was a different beast in that he was an integral part of the clan but a bit passive and off and on. For as great as he was (and he was great) his biggest downfall was that he sometimes was not as committed as he could be. This irked a lot of people but Andy was still beloved. Doesn't surprise me when you say he was easy to deal with because he wasn't one for all the drama & clan politics. He truly enjoyed warring and leading fall ins and was happy to leave the rest behind. I cannot speak for his motivations during the storied DF-COR rivalry as I wasn't in the clan then. From conversations I've had in the past with several very old COR members I've heard similar things. He is one of the best COR officials ever, tho.

In terms of my personal perceptions & thoughts on EH:

I didn't really care for EH, mainly because I couldn't stand Islamia. He was not easy to work with and he always acted as if he had a telephone pole up his ass 24/7. From COR's perspective, the whole honor & morality thing was pretty funny. I also couldn't stand Nullusion because he had some weird vendetta against COR and would constantly talk shit or troll on RSC for no reason when EH was never really on COR's radar. We always thought it was a bit awkward. After reading thru the AMA I have a newfound respect for EH's values, however. It's cool to see them explained like that because not many clans abided by those types of boundaries from 2008 onwards. That shit died in 2007. 

You have to understand that when I joined in 2008 most of COR did not actively play RS. It was a huge challenge for us as officials (I was given Council in 2008 when Andy and Chris1791 were leaders) to get our members to play the game. We had a large base of the clan that was formerly very active in a historic rivalry and their interest in the game was waning. We also had a large portion of the clan that was split and divided because of massive official turnover (leaving and retirees).. ex: Rad brothers leaving, Seifer, D2Master12, Lukas1400, Chopa234, Demonchild27, and a host of others. It pains me to even mention Lukas because he was one of the worst COR officials EVER and for me to name him implies that he actually made an impact on the clan, which couldn't be further from the truth. One of the worst officials I'd ever been around. 

I mention these things because EH was one of those clans that COR perceived to be all about RS 24/7 (same as RSD... and even DI to an extent) and coupled with the whole morality vibe you guys always tried to project it made it very easy to perceive EH as less than. COR had a weird hatred for people who played rs 24/7... probably doesn't make much sense, but we thought people who did were losers. It's why Enzock struggled so much because he was one of those goobers that really cared about rs. COR was ALL about warring and fights. We didn't do anything else. We logged in to fight and as soon as fights were over played other games.

EH had a holier than thou aura about them that we felt was undeserved and it rubbed a lot of COR the wrong way. We thought it was funny. To be brutally honest, we never saw EH as an equal. For these reasons we were mostly NEVER going to end against EH, no matter the circumstances. We never felt that EH could keep up with us. We respected your member quality and we thought highly of Xero and S17 but other than that... not much. Our strategy against EH was to take out fall in leaders over and over. That sounds obvious to anyone with a brain who was a clan official or good member, but EH seemed to particularly struggle when they didn't have their best leading them. 

I don't want it to seem like I'm totally dunking on EH because we definitely respected your tenacity as well and we always knew you guys would come to play. You guys were a tough out but we never felt like we would lose against EH. I will say that we as officials felt EH was good for the clan world because you guys had values and stuck by them which was increasingly rare for the time. 

Thanks again for doing the AMA

Edited by Applerune
  • heart 2

To add: "I think Corr viewed EH as an enemy, but an inferior one."

This pretty much sums it up - and I think a lot of the other top clans felt this way. From conversations with other officials in other clans I never felt that a majority of the big clans like DF, RSD, VR, EoS, TT, etc. respected EH because of how you projected yourself to the clan world. It was off-putting. I think it was what held EH back, tho I realize that goes against everything your clan stands for. I don't say that disrespectfully. My respect and admiration for ANY clan official in a top clan back then knows no bounds. It was a grueling commitment and anyone would was fortunate enough to lead a clan in an official capacity has my ultimate respect.

Edited by Applerune

18 hours ago, MILAD said:

@3lite @Vanuckle

Do you believe that EH reached the maximum that we could've reached? Did we have any more things to achieve that we didn't and what was the reason? Also, I now remember that you also played WoW, but my question is: What do you think about the outcasts (that's what they were called, the WoW crew that seperated a bit from the community and some even skipped events too,  by specifically Flavofaven99 back then (may God bless that cute voice of his)) and what kind of impact did they have on EH as a whole? 

In regards to the question above, this is is somehow connected. Do you remember at one point we had a few key members leave for TT? Finalman123, Warren121212, Devil1081, Gilby18, Ptw Matrix3, etc etc. Why do you think they all left simultaneously and what was the cause of it? I remember Warren121212 stirring up a lot of shit on forums/IRC about how we're very cautious with everything, we don't take risks, we don't try and push for our maximal potential that we know we have within the clan, and so on. It is possible though that some of these names were kicked, but it has been 11 years, so my memory of it is vague. 

Thank you ❤️

I think EH could have maybe reached higher levels, but I think we reached what we could at the time. It might take another huge surge to get to the peak levels again. And a lot of rebuilding. Think we achieved what we could at the time, under the circumstances.

As far as other cliques... It was just a part of the clan. We had a great community & people played whatever they wanted to. and that's okay. Runescape can get boring, the grinds can suck, and even people like me only played for the wars. Have to accept if people wanna play WoW. Hated it during battles and found it unacceptable but can't force people to do something they don't want to.

Can't really remember most of those names, other than from when they were in the clan. Don't remember if they were removed or quit on their own.

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

17 hours ago, Rclav said:

Hi Guys,

No questions from me but wanted to express my gratitude towards EH's leadership team. Having been my first "big clan" in RS, I have so many great memories from my time in EH. Everyone here's leadership had a lot to do with that. 

Miss you all!

#FindIslamia2020

Miss you too Ryan.

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

1 hour ago, Clark Kent said:

EH and DF had a fairly amicable relationship throughout most of our history, which I would attribute to community values that were more aligned than many clans.  Near the end of EH's time in 2009, that relationship broke down a little bit and there was rivalry between us (though I would not say it was on the same level as EH-VR).  As a part of that rivalry, both clans tried to fuel motivation against each other.  Throughout the vast majority of EH's time, we saw DF as a positive force and had a great respect for the clan.

37 minutes ago, Applerune said:

@3lite: Easier to just respond this way instead of quoting your reply - 

Really appreciate the time spent on a detailed response and insights.  Respect for the honesty and courage to tell it as you remembered it.

7R85FSe.png

4 hours ago, Xero said:

Just leaving and not being outspoken enough when I felt the clan was not achieving its potential.  

None.  Despite wishing I could have.  Strikes were not issued by Commanders.  

Yes.  I remember these skirmishes!

MonkeyFBI135?  If so, no worries, that was over a decade ago.  I try not to hold grudges!

Thank you!

Me too lol. We had 2 pkris in the beginning of EH. After that you guys grew a fair bit and were challenging above us

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png