Eternal Honour's AMA (3lite, Grug, Slaughter17, Xero)

3lite

2 hours ago, Tika191 said:

LMFAO

Something funny about my man @MILAD's post man

Proud Tempest - Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Intro > Applicant > Member

9NYuh93.png

Please if you spot these missing robes, have them returned to Panda|Mike for a reward.

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif

17 hours ago, Mk 17 said:

My post didn’t work but I wanted to say 

yea but most fellas thought you were srsly bent tho, how bent was the average eh member? 

Quite bent but not quite as bent as you. So I'd say about 7/10.

17 hours ago, Mk 17 said:

Was it true that members in EH were striked for using vulgar language and not posting on the forums with proper grammar? 

This is true and you'd be kicked immediately for saying something like 'srsly'. 

16 hours ago, Mk 17 said:

How diverse was EH in general? How many eastern Europeans, South American’s and African Americans did you guys have? 

Fewer Eastern Europeans than DI but more than RSD. Less South American's than VR but more than TT. Not sure about African Americans but we did have one South African.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

16 hours ago, I Kill Batty said:

Opinion on Rocky238? He talked a lot of you up and seemed to think highly of EH in general.

I personally loved Rocky. I considered him a close friend and an extremely important member of the clan. He made me laugh, he was dedicated, he was vocal, he helped call and keep people motivated late into the night. I haven't seen him in probably 10 years and have heard all sorts of stories but I still wouldn't mind catching up with him. He may have thought highly of EH, but EH also thought highly of him.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

3 minutes ago, Vanuckle said:

I personally loved Rocky. I considered him a close friend and an extremely important member of the clan. He made me laugh, he was dedicated, he was vocal, he helped call and keep people motivated late into the night. I haven't seen him in probably 10 years and have heard all sorts of stories but I still wouldn't mind catching up with him. He may have thought highly of EH, but EH also thought highly of him.

Yeah same, I would still like to talk with him, kinda lost contact after I left CR, he was pretty upset about me and @Dr3ambash3r leaving

• Like 1

Proud Tempest - Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Intro > Applicant > Member

9NYuh93.png

Please if you spot these missing robes, have them returned to Panda|Mike for a reward.

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif

16 hours ago, The End said:

How did you strike a balance between allowing members to have a sense of humor and policing certain rules/guidelines? Any funny stories that you remember on the top of your head while in EH? 

I mentioned this earlier, but we had a strong culture. People knew what they were signing up for when they joined. Many were attracted to us for that very reason. We wanted a mature community and okay, there were times when we had to be serious and enforce maybe meaningless rules, but consider the community that Tempest has built. There are ways to be non-toxic and also fun, you can integrate humour, hilarious nights on TS (or vent in our case), discord (or IRC) and still do so without creating a shitshow or being offside. It was just kind of a wholesome place. Everyone cared about each other and didn't want to hurt feelings. Everyone could be included as long as you bought into what the leaders believed in. I think that resonates with a lot of people.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

How do you feel about the ruins east of new gate's name still being called 3lites castle fairly frequently

9NYuh93.png

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif

This was a good read lol. There's a lot of information here.

Broski was a stud, and I always liked Islamia. I had a forums spy at the height of our rivalry, and I remember having screenshots of all the trash posted in your internal forums about DF. I posted them around our boards to get us motivated to fight you guys. I think it worked.

• Haha 1

K9iigpi.png

15 hours ago, Eric said:

Did EH have any strategy or cared about getting new people into pvp?

If so, @Vanuckle do you think something similar could be done in Tempest? 

As mentioned by @3lite -- we did have tank practices and got people involved through that. I also encouraged people to join CWA teams. I constantly was involved in those to improve myself and those around me. That's actually how I originally became buddies with @true. The thing is, there were opportunities to improve yourself through guides (which were plentiful on our forums) and through member experience. We were always looking for an edge. I took that side of the game serious (maybe even to the elitist level). Almost everyone in EH enjoyed playing the game. That's why we always had tons of Fist of Guthix gear, why stronghold boots were required for CWA, why you had to war with your weapon on defensive for better tanking, why so many members wore corrupt dragon when it was released. We had people who were dedicated, and knew that every advantage -- within the rules -- could count. Only thing we didn't do was have a Jr clan. 

Similar stuff is employed in Tempest. There are great guides and great mentors.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

14 hours ago, Yoto32 said:

@Grug The Zybez Clan Discussion moderating staff was once so oversaturated with  EH members it started to become a problem as there often was not enough non-EH members online to moderate EH fights. It even prompted Brad to post in the CD HQ, simply, "QUIT JOINING EH FFS". So my question is, from what you know of both EH and CD, why do you think was there such an overlap?

Mostly though I just wanted to drop by and say Hi Gruggles ❤️ Hope you're doing well.

I think it partially had to do with the fact that if you believed in 'following rules' and had a high level of morality, maturity, and strong ethics, EH was the perfect fit for you as a person. So many Zybez's mods had that background and the natural progression would be to be involved in EH. Plus, if you had friends from Zybez, you'd typically follow them to clans. I mean that about anyone using the fansite -- not just the mods. Think it made sense that the mods were a tight unit and they probably made friends they wanted to hang out with more... Hence eventually joining EH. If any of that makes sense.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

5 minutes ago, XshinobizX said:

This was a good read lol. There's a lot of information here.

Broski was a stud, and I always liked Islamia. I had a forums spy at the height of our rivalry, and I remember having screenshots of all the trash posted in your internal forums about DF. I posted them around our boards to get us motivated to fight you guys. I think it worked.

My mans is a legend out here

9NYuh93.png

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif

What did each of you feel were the peaks of the clan? what made you feel that way?

9NYuh93.png

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif

2 hours ago, Vanuckle said:

Quite bent but not quite as bent as you. So I'd say about 7/10.

This is true and you'd be kicked immediately for saying something like 'srsly'. 

Fewer Eastern Europeans than DI but more than RSD. Less South American's than VR but more than TT. Not sure about African Americans but we did have one South African.

One legendary Ghanaian

• Haha 1

spacer.png

@3lite

I think it's crazy that we had met that long ago and then ended up in massive clans battling one another from time to time. 

Always loved EH, what you guys stood for, specially in a world where those Honorable lines where often blurried and crossed, you guys remained hands down the most honorable clan. Mad respect.

• heart 1

DF 11/7/06 - 12/31/16

ahri sig.png

Is there another game (doesn't have to have been out at the time though obviously it only would've worked that way in actuality) you could've seen yourselves successfully moving to instead of closing, similar to how EoS moved to Albion albeit after a bit of waiting? What game?

Do you guys play any other games now?

@3lite You posted a rather detailed but accurate post imo about why the clan world is the way it is and mentioned how a lot of it is resultant of a strong level of toxicity. If you were put in charge or advising someone put in charge who had full control over the clan world and could make whatever changes, what would you do to address this level of toxicity within reason? Aka banning certain individuals, putting physical ingame restrictions in place such as preventing 1 iteming, creating certain game rules, or whatever else? This is assuming you were to prevent the "kings of ashes" so to speak but obviously with a bit more power than the general player or clan leader would have, but presumably without just saying 'ok we're all just doing CWA now'.

^ If any of the other 3 of you would want to answer that as well then feel free i'd love to hear the answers.

It's the peak of EH and you're in a meeting with 1 representative from each clan at the time to discuss the clan world, the issues it has and the future of it. Which person would you ideally be dealing with from each clan? 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png