Eternal Honour's AMA (3lite, Grug, Slaughter17, Xero)

3lite

On 11/28/2020 at 6:02 AM, Flukejiver said:

Looking back, do you have any decisions you regret making during your time in EH?

No major regrets. Maybe towards the end, getting us sucked into a rivalry with a clan that had nothing to lose (CR), where as we had a lot to lose. Not the best strategic decision I ever made.

• sus 1
  • hash 1

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

On 11/28/2020 at 12:11 PM, I Kill Batty said:

How do you feel about the ruins east of new gate's name still being called 3lites castle fairly frequently

I personally found it degrading to 3lite's rep, as I've retold the story earlier in the topic. Thought it was an unfair association and based on the legacy that 3lite had on the game... Completely undeserved. But it's all a bit of banter and I guess maybe from Derek's perspective, all press is good press. ? 

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

On 11/28/2020 at 12:19 PM, I Kill Batty said:

What did each of you feel were the peaks of the clan? what made you feel that way?

For me I can't speak in 2006, and 2007, when there were other storms to the top of the charts. But as mentioned, there was no doubt the rise to #1, beating clans one by one who stood in our path as the "next up" will never be matched in terms of my love of the game and the clanning aspect. The wave of momentum we rode was unlike anything I've ever been a part of. It was like a championship team getting hot right at the start of the playoffs and just nothing could stop them until they got their hands on the trophy.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

On 11/28/2020 at 3:02 PM, Adam_ said:

Is there another game (doesn't have to have been out at the time though obviously it only would've worked that way in actuality) you could've seen yourselves successfully moving to instead of closing, similar to how EoS moved to Albion albeit after a bit of waiting? What game?

Maybe WoW. There was a massive WoW contingent in EH.
Oh -- and Tribal Wars!!

Do you guys play any other games now?

Play tons of games; my favourite is the Total War series but I also have enjoyed playing Football Manager, Out of the Park Baseball, etc... Most played game right now is Valorant with @Ashley @Fire @Icedragon D and a few others.

@3lite You posted a rather detailed but accurate post imo about why the clan world is the way it is and mentioned how a lot of it is resultant of a strong level of toxicity. If you were put in charge or advising someone put in charge who had full control over the clan world and could make whatever changes, what would you do to address this level of toxicity within reason? Aka banning certain individuals, putting physical ingame restrictions in place such as preventing 1 iteming, creating certain game rules, or whatever else? This is assuming you were to prevent the "kings of ashes" so to speak but obviously with a bit more power than the general player or clan leader would have, but presumably without just saying 'ok we're all just doing CWA now'.

^ If any of the other 3 of you would want to answer that as well then feel free i'd love to hear the answers.

I think @3lite answered this as best he could, I just wish all clans would have fun fighting each other in classic matches. I think it results in the overall enjoyment of the game for everyone and allows for people to really feel like they're part of something greater. But you'll never get buy in on that so it's a fools dream.

It's the peak of EH and you're in a meeting with 1 representative from each clan at the time to discuss the clan world, the issues it has and the future of it. Which person would you ideally be dealing with from each clan? 
In 2009 era, and I'll have to list two in some cases:

DI - Flako Rlz & @Brian

RSD - @Icedrop and @Bow

DF - @XshinobizX and PeterH

VR - Cera and Nodari

Corr - @Applerune and Andy#s

Titans - Bishinmo and Kezzab

EoS - @Mar and @Oli

SE - Denat and @AZF1

TRWF - Majin Wouter and Boggmonster

CL - Martino Heat

RDC - Dubbel Drank

• Like 1

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

23 hours ago, Hat said:

who was your best binder / blaster and why was it @Rclav

@Rclav was a beast.

Imo the only person it could ever possibly be awarded to was Lil Blaknite. Think Alex was openly regarded as the best melee-binder in the entire game from 2008 to when I quit and that's not an exaggeration. 

• Like 1

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

21 hours ago, Uber said:

My rsn back in the day was Uber N00blet, and I was a commander (Pk leader) in Eh from sometime in 2006 to about 2008. Really cool of 3lite, Xero, S17 and Grug to do this thread. It brings back A LOT of memories, but was a member from the start (and was in St from start to finish as well).

I can't point to the exact timeframe, and I can't speak for about mid-2008 and forward (I retired around that time), but I'd say our peak while I was there was probably about a year or so after the clan was created. Maybe mid 2007? We were in the discussion with about 4 other clans for the #2 spot. It was super competitive at the time, because I from what I remember us and about 4-5 other clans were very similar in strength. I don't remember who it was, but there was a consensus #1 was at the time (probably Di). Some of those fights we had around that time were A LOT of fun. We were constantly pulling somewhere between 80-100 people, and I felt like we were also one of the most organized. Those fights with VR especially I remember being a lot of fun because of the sort of rivalry we had with them above any other clan really.

It was really cool starting from scratch and being happy with turnouts of around 40-50 and building the clan into what it became.

Learned a lot from @Uber personally and saw him as a cool guy who could effortlessly garner respect amongst the clan. Happy to see you're still poking your head around.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

20 hours ago, Clark Kent said:

May have been asked already, but best rivalry over the years? When I was DF there was a month (2008/2009ish) EH/DF went back and forth for a few fights and at the time I do remember being extremely motivated to fight EH.

Yeah, those DF fights were something else in that era. Close, reasonably fair, some flaming but nothing to make it seriously toxic and aids to fight against. Those were some fierce rivalries. I would say VR was our most heated rival. Others have touched on why specifically, but it was more engrained into me through our history.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

19 hours ago, Applerune said:

@3lite: Easier to just respond this way instead of quoting your reply - 

Long reply incoming, 

Andy4309 was a very diplomatic clan official. He was a different beast in that he was an integral part of the clan but a bit passive and off and on. For as great as he was (and he was great) his biggest downfall was that he sometimes was not as committed as he could be. This irked a lot of people but Andy was still beloved. Doesn't surprise me when you say he was easy to deal with because he wasn't one for all the drama & clan politics. He truly enjoyed warring and leading fall ins and was happy to leave the rest behind. I cannot speak for his motivations during the storied DF-COR rivalry as I wasn't in the clan then. From conversations I've had in the past with several very old COR members I've heard similar things. He is one of the best COR officials ever, tho.

In terms of my personal perceptions & thoughts on EH:

I didn't really care for EH, mainly because I couldn't stand Islamia. He was not easy to work with and he always acted as if he had a telephone pole up his ass 24/7. From COR's perspective, the whole honor & morality thing was pretty funny. I also couldn't stand Nullusion because he had some weird vendetta against COR and would constantly talk shit or troll on RSC for no reason when EH was never really on COR's radar. We always thought it was a bit awkward. After reading thru the AMA I have a newfound respect for EH's values, however. It's cool to see them explained like that because not many clans abided by those types of boundaries from 2008 onwards. That shit died in 2007. 

You have to understand that when I joined in 2008 most of COR did not actively play RS. It was a huge challenge for us as officials (I was given Council in 2008 when Andy and Chris1791 were leaders) to get our members to play the game. We had a large base of the clan that was formerly very active in a historic rivalry and their interest in the game was waning. We also had a large portion of the clan that was split and divided because of massive official turnover (leaving and retirees).. ex: Rad brothers leaving, Seifer, D2Master12, Lukas1400, Chopa234, Demonchild27, and a host of others. It pains me to even mention Lukas because he was one of the worst COR officials EVER and for me to name him implies that he actually made an impact on the clan, which couldn't be further from the truth. One of the worst officials I'd ever been around. 

I mention these things because EH was one of those clans that COR perceived to be all about RS 24/7 (same as RSD... and even DI to an extent) and coupled with the whole morality vibe you guys always tried to project it made it very easy to perceive EH as less than. COR had a weird hatred for people who played rs 24/7... probably doesn't make much sense, but we thought people who did were losers. It's why Enzock struggled so much because he was one of those goobers that really cared about rs. COR was ALL about warring and fights. We didn't do anything else. We logged in to fight and as soon as fights were over played other games.

EH had a holier than thou aura about them that we felt was undeserved and it rubbed a lot of COR the wrong way. We thought it was funny. To be brutally honest, we never saw EH as an equal. For these reasons we were mostly NEVER going to end against EH, no matter the circumstances. We never felt that EH could keep up with us. We respected your member quality and we thought highly of Xero and S17 but other than that... not much. Our strategy against EH was to take out fall in leaders over and over. That sounds obvious to anyone with a brain who was a clan official or good member, but EH seemed to particularly struggle when they didn't have their best leading them. 

I don't want it to seem like I'm totally dunking on EH because we definitely respected your tenacity as well and we always knew you guys would come to play. You guys were a tough out but we never felt like we would lose against EH. I will say that we as officials felt EH was good for the clan world because you guys had values and stuck by them which was increasingly rare for the time. 

Thanks again for doing the AMA

19 hours ago, Applerune said:

To add: "I think Corr viewed EH as an enemy, but an inferior one."

This pretty much sums it up - and I think a lot of the other top clans felt this way. From conversations with other officials in other clans I never felt that a majority of the big clans like DF, RSD, VR, EoS, TT, etc. respected EH because of how you projected yourself to the clan world. It was off-putting. I think it was what held EH back, tho I realize that goes against everything your clan stands for. I don't say that disrespectfully. My respect and admiration for ANY clan official in a top clan back then knows no bounds. It was a grueling commitment and anyone would was fortunate enough to lead a clan in an official capacity has my ultimate respect.

Great insights Code and appreciate all the time we all spent together in the game back then. I do vividly remember being camped by Cor and usually ending those fights with hundreds of deaths. While other fall in leaders would basically sit untouched. I knew it was a strategy but it drove me crazy lol.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

13 hours ago, Anton said:

Hi everyone, Reg 104 here. 

My question is for 3lite or any of the other officials.

When I joined EH it was to follow my Auzzie brother, Rocky238. He actively pissed in my ear and attempted to recruit me for months..as well as many other people to the clan..I don't even know if he knew he was doing it..sneaky! Rocky spoke extremely highly of the officials of the the clan, especially Islamia, 3lite, Slaughter and UnbrokenXero. 3lite was DEFINITELY his man crush..he loved him more than me! When I joined the clan I was surprised at how well loved he was by the members..for hours going crazy on TS, never leaving until it was over (usually pretty pissed and cranky if we called it) 

• QUESTION: If he hadn't left..I'd like to think he may have eventually moved up the ranks especially under his bromance 3lite's guidance? Thoughts?

It's possible... Rocky had that level of committment that would take to be moved up. I saw him in the same way that I looked at members like Lil Blaknite, Dopiefreak, Jonezy, etc. Could they make a good rank? Yes, likely. Would it take a lot of grooming to 'fit our mould'. Yes, likely. Rocky, like the aforementioned names, was literally part of the glue that helped keep EH together. He had respect from everyone around the clan and for that reason, could have fit in. But it would have taken time and ultimately we'll never know the answer to that question.

• EDIT: QUESTION: Did EH's skilling community / non-warring members / community have an effect on EH's ability in quickly assembling for spur trips and fights? I personally think we had a pretty good balance..however, I did find it frustrating at times as I loved the thrill of a fight. 

I've mentioned it before but yeah, this is something that I really struggled with personally and sometimes led to conflict within the clan. I would look at IRC, see 40 people online, with 20 in the cc, and be like, let's spur and hit x clan! And then it would be like, but we have a community event tonight. And people would be upset about that. But it also helped, because so many people actively played the game and could offer training advice when it wasn't as readily available, plus understand the meta's of the day... So those were definitely positives of having a 'skilling' community.

• Most of the questions I thought of have been answered through the thread. 
  • For me, looking back on my time at EH..I loved every minute of it, It was the first larger clan I ventured to after leaving the AEST tz. and it was one of the funnest experiences I had on the game.  Best moment for me - The 12-15 hour pkri with VR where we finally finished them near Spider Hill.

Thanks for organising this and allowing people the opportunity to pose questions that have been on people's minds. 

❤️ 

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

12 hours ago, DarkPaladin9 said:

I know I'm not actually part of the AMA, but as one of the skillers in EH I can say that I would rarely drop what I was doing for non-mandatory PK trips. I honestly was never a fan of pvp in Runescape. Not sure why I was always in large pvp clans (ZF, ST, EH). The very few times I did come it was always like oh wow DP9 is here guys. I'm sure others were the same way too. But I also liked that about EH, it had quite a diversity in interests. 

Good to see you DP9!

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

12 hours ago, Vegeta said:

u guys still in touch with green viking was a old school friend of mine back in 04/05

He was a great guy + a legend in the game. Always called it like he saw it. Haven't heard from him in 10 years.

• Like 1

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

6 hours ago, Flummbullen said:

As someone that wasn't around during the period of EH, it's been really interesting to read about your experiences and, from my perspective, especially how EH continued and adapted some of the values carried across from ST. I think it's safe to say that EH became it's own thing and in many ways eclipsed the clans that came before it.

Not having been around for the late 2006 to 2009 era, my questions are more focused on the transition from ST to EH.

What were your opinions on ST closing when and how it did? Did your perspective change when you later decided to close EH?

What were some things from ST you valued and carried across to EH?

What were some things from ST you didn't like and were glad to leave in the past and change how they were done in EH?

Did EH cop any grief for being a "remake" (EH definitely seems to have outgrown any such ideas though), similar to how ST would get comments about the ZF past (despite there being an actual ZF-remake)? Do you have any general thoughts on the line of clans leading up to EH and of it affected anything for you?

@Grug why has every clan you've been in closed and why is it your fault? ? Jk you know I love you. Think it shows the dedication you always had to what you signed up for!

Before my time to answer all those questions but just wanna say Hi Flum, and that I respected ST as a young kid wandering around the game. Would have probably joined had I met the reqs.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png