Eternal Honour's AMA (3lite, Grug, Slaughter17, Xero)

3lite

What were your thoughts on Nullusion opening a clan (Vengeance) as EH closed? Did you keep up with it? Did you think it would succeed? 

Do you keep up with his current clan, Deathrow? If so, what do you think about DR as a clan and the success he's led them to in P2P? 

How would you compare current day Null to the one that was in EH?

aUBwTQ1.png

4 minutes ago, Trevor said:

MISSED YOU

I'm alive! Im a big time twitch streamer now! (Lol jks, I'm still a noob)

4 minutes ago, true said:

What is your all-time favorite EH victory?

What was the biggest loss in EH's history?

What made Islamia a great leader?

What were your personal biggest strengths/weaknesses?

What are the biggest strengths and weakness of everyone else you're doing this AMA with?

It's really hard to say, every victory had some sort of meaning behind it. In the early days, it was a great sense of accomplishment to get out there and still being able to hang with the best, even with such a small member base. I'd definitely have to say that one of the most memorable victories for me was the first time we defeated DI in a run in.

I can't really recall one single loss as the biggest loss in history, this all happened a very long time ago and I've drunk far too much alcohol since those days. I will say that toward the end of EH's existence, losses seemed to hurt that much more. We could see the direction the clan world was heading in, and it was one that we didn't really wish to be apart of. We always strived to stay true to our values as a clan and that meant losing some fights that we otherwise would have won had we just given into the pressures of the clan world and did what everyone else was doing

Islamia was (is) a seriously intelligent guy. He was always calm and always had something to add. I was seriously lucky to lead alongside Broski and Islamia for so long.

I felt like I had pretty good organisation and was well respected within the clan. During my time in the clan world, I sacrificed a lot in order to help out whichever clan I was in at the time. Being an Australian, this meant staying/waking up and ungodly hours in order to attend events, whether that be wars/pkris or just community events. My biggest weakness, also goes in hand with my strength, keeping active within the clan was hard while trying to hold down a full time job.

What are the biggest strengths and weakness of everyone else you're doing this AMA with?
There are too many to list. I was lucky to have a team of guys and girls that always had each others backs and were willing to help out where ever necessary, it's what made EH great. The sense of community within the clan was something that always made me proud of what we had created.

4 minutes ago, true said:

for 3lite and Grug:

How do you think EH would have been if Trevor was given leader as opposed to closing?

This is something that I had never really thought about. Our fear was the direction the clan world was heading in and EH's ability to be able to be successful in that environment. The biggest fear for myself was to log back into RuneScape years down the track and find that Eternal Honour had not stayed true to its values and was just like every other clan out there.

4 minutes ago, Flukejiver said:

@ everyone

What's your opinion on the current clan world? 

I have no idea, once Eternal Honour closed I stopped playing RuneScape and stopped paying attention to the clan world. (Other than my duties as a Senior Mod on RSC)

3 minutes ago, true said:

If I had to pick a single victory, I would choose EH vs. Corr in March 2009.  Both clans pulled about 100 people and we had been on a losing streak versus Corr.

The loss that hit me the hardest was a time that we were fighting DI.  About 8-10 hours into the fight (~midnight), we had been winning for a few hours and we felt like the end was near.  Reign of Terror hit us with around 180 options, AC were overrun, DI had a chance to regroup, and we were fighting DI and RoT.  We lost shortly after that and it felt like we should have had a win.

Islamia's greatest strengths were his ability to listen, consider the options, and to avoid personal bias to make a fair judgement.  Islamia exemplified a just individual to me.

My biggest strengths and weaknesses went hand in hand.  For tactical aspects, I was very rational, meticulous, and calculated with planning, which allowed me to excel in the role.  I used to run through many scenarios and try to implement better ways to do things.  This calculated approach was seen as rigid and cold by many members and particularly by some of EH's PK leaders.  I wish I had done more to let PK leaders know that I valued them and their opinions at the time, because I think that some folks felt that I didn't think highly of them, which wasn't the case.

Grug - Strength: was a lighthearted leader who could ease the mood on serious discussions, but also contribute valuable advice and be serious when necessary.  Weakness: Periodic inactivity.

S17 - Strength: one of our best callers with a real desire to see improvement in EH.  Weakness: Swayed by a vocal minority of members at times rather than trusting in his own judgement.

Xero - Strength: a motivating and dedicated force in the clan; good pk leader. Weakness: Care/pride for the clan could lead to an emotional response and put EH in a poor battle decision.

7R85FSe.png

Most memorable EH fight?

Worst EH official?

Biggest regret in EH?

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png

14 minutes ago, Eric said:

That clan was full of nice people. 

Do you think there is place for honour / No Honour in the current clan scene?

I'm not sure I can really answer this question as I've not really kept up with the clan scene. 

14 minutes ago, Eric`` said:

Hardest decision outside of the one to close you all ever had to make?

This is a good question. Thinking back, I can't really think of one specific decision that was hard for us to make. My memory is pretty terrible, but it was always a difficult decision on whether to end a fight or not. One thing we always managed to do in EH was stay true to our values, and this meant that there were many fights that we lost and had to call off returning that we more than likely would have won had we ditched our values and joined in on the tactics that we thought were dishonourable. 

13 minutes ago, Eric`` said:

Least favorite clan to fight

Too many to name... Lol jks. Anytime we had to come up against a clan who just didn't care at all about "honour" was a difficult fight. 

12 minutes ago, Flukejiver said:

If you had to join a current clan, who would it be and why?

No idea. 

10 minutes ago, Eric`` said:

What was the most defining moment of eh?

For me, EH's defining moment was simply EH's existence. We managed to exist for a long time in a clan world that didn't match the values that we ourselves held. We kept our values strong and never gave into temptation to just follow the crowd in order to gain a cheap victory.

10 minutes ago, Flukejiver said:

What were the biggest strengths/weakness of EH has a whole?

I'd say EH's biggest strength was activity and community. We weren't just a clan who went out and hunted other clans, we had a very successful community with community events every week. It was a great clan to be apart of.

As for weaknesses... Numbers I guess? We tried to keep the clan small enough that we still had a great community, but big enough that we could still compete with the big boys. It was a tough balance to keep.

5 minutes ago, true said:

What were your thoughts on Nullusion opening a clan (Vengeance) as EH closed? Did you keep up with it? Did you think it would succeed? 

Do you keep up with his current clan, Deathrow? If so, what do you think about DR as a clan and the success he's led them to in P2P? 

How would you compare current day Null to the one that was in EH?

From what I recall, I remember discussions being had to make sure that Vengeance was it's only clan, and not simply just a rename (ZFL anyone?). 

I've not kept up with the current clan world our seen to much of Null to be able to compare to EH days. I'm sure he's amazing though ❤️

20 minutes ago, true said:

for 3lite and Grug:

How do you think EH would have been if Trevor was given leader as opposed to closing?

Trevor was a great leader, but Eternal Honour's structure was such that we would have preferred multiple individuals leading.  Islamia, Grug, and I long forsaw the closure of EH (back around March 2009 was when we started planning with closure not until August).  For succession planning we had several individuals that we were trying to mentor to fulfill our roles.  From a strategic perspective, we were looking to Nullusion and S17 to succeed me.  However, we were most concerned about finding a replacement for Islamia/Broski and unsure if we had the right fit for the job coming up among the ranks to ensure our clan direction did not stray from the morals and ideals upon which we were founded.

7R85FSe.png

6 minutes ago, Ssj said:

Most memorable EH fight?
For me, our first victory against DI.
Worst EH official?

There were no bad EH officials, they wouldn't have been officials otherwise ?

Biggest regret in EH?
Not being able to be more active toward the end of EH's existence.

6 minutes ago, true said:

@Vanuckle

If you had led EH instead of the clan closing, what would have been your plan of action? Do you think you would have caved on any of EH's values (ex: spies)?

I think in order for EH to have survived in what we saw the clan world developing into, we would have definitely had to cave on some our of values. It was getting harder and harder to be competitive in fights while upholding our values and fights were getting longer and longer with clans simply "surviving" in order to claim victory when the other clan gave up chasing. For me, I didn't want to see us cave on any of these values and this is why my contribution to the decision was that we should close.