Wilderland's AMA - D96, Vitor & Horn4

D96

If Arroz fully called it quits and you guys started absorbing their members, how many of them would you turn away due to stuff they've done to WL? (Doxing etc) ranks included

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

21 hours ago, Benji said:

@D96  What happened to TBK & TMC from WLs PoV? Is there currently any WL former or founders still around? Who are the leaders of WL 2020 era?

Yes, the three founders (Vai Caga, Xera o Meu, Exp Manoo) are still around on our huge whatsapp group. The first and the last one still play eventually. However, Exp Manoo plays RS3.
Me and Cacowho reopened the clans as leaders, but nowadays D96, Mr Lolz and Mathlosion lead the clan.

20 hours ago, 3lite said:

Hey WL, thank you for doing this AMA.  Have two questions for you folks.

First, as a country clan, the vast majority (all?) of your members are Brazilian.  Do you think that is something that has overall been a positive for recruitment (Portuguese speakers would naturally gravitate toward the clan/community) or a negative for recruitment (subsetting the potential member pool to a small part of Runescape's base players)?

Back in the day, 2004-2006 potential was huge. As more international clans appeared it became hard to lure, specially Portuguese, from high ranked international clans.

Second, and more selfishly, any thoughts/memories on the following dinosaurs... or any word on where they may have ended up?

Decceiver (my fellow EH metal lover), S2 Guh S2 (I miss Gustavo and his positive attitude), Afonsosuper, Armorhelmet3, Dark Falco13 (this guy was a wild man), and Thicombra (may be misspelled slightly)

The EH Brazillian unit was one that we've mostly lost contact with and were really core members of our community.  Hope they're doing well, where ever they are out there.

Regarding the people you ask about, they were from MMA. If you drop by our discord sometime maybe someone can hook you up with Afonsosuper's or Guh's contact because we have former MMAs in WL now. 

18 hours ago, Pope said:

I don't know if anyone has asked this or something similar, but I'm far too lazy to look. What do you think is the cause for Brazilians players hating each other so much? Out of all the language-based communities, from the Lithuanians, to the Dutch, to the Fins, and even the Spanish speakers, I've never seen any of the animosity I've seen from the Brazilians compare. And I'd go as for to say that this isn't even just RS, I've witnessed similar activity in other MMOs with Brazilian players. 

Go figure man... I think being the best brazilian/portuguese clan meant a lot to everyone and also attracted too much hate. You can see from yourself on this thread that up this day people are still salty about their own clans and our rivalry, even questioning stuff they weren't even around to question, geez.

18 hours ago, VirgoVaca said:

Did you guys allow multi-clanning at any point between Brazilian clans and other country clans? Or did you just have to commit to one Brazilian clan at a time? I believe we had people in TMC, but people would normally prefer joining the top ranked international clans.

16 hours ago, Eric said:

Do you think a country clan could ever get to #1? I think Fools had the potential to be a top ranked clan, they were very very good and the most challenging country clan to fight

Do you think brazilian clans have been more sucessful than hispanic ones? if so, which was the key? Definitely. I'd say the popularity of the game in Brazil was much higher than in other hispanic countries.

Does the 7-1  vs Germany on the worldcup still hurt? xD Not really, time heals

How hard or easy is for people whose first language isn't portuguese to integrate in your clan? Not hard at all, we always had foreigners sticking around. Brazilians are normally very nice and open to foreigners

An opinion: Brazilian players in country clans are usually not good members in "main" clans, because whenever both clans require them, they always go for their country clan. Do you agree? Have you have to deal with these kind of situations in the past? How did they turn out? From my experience you are right.

16 hours ago, King_Obina said:

What were your thoughts when you saw a bunch of former old school/high ranked TCL/SOG members applying to WL instead of going to Arroz/trying to spin up a new clan? Wasn't expecting, but I just knew the old dawgs from TCL/SOG wouldn't join Arroz. Plus, I was happy to meet my old rivals and confirm that they were cool people, they just always fought against me. 

15 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What's one clan you never got to be part of, but wish you had? Zeonic Forces

Who are some people from past clans that aren't around anymore you wish still were (can be within wilderland/the portuguese speaking community or outside of it) and why? I guess a better wording would be, who would you want to bring back ? Some of our previous leaders, Slipknot 14, Paunocu, Ro arid

What are key things you learned in your time clanning that you've tried to bring to Wilderland, and that you'd want to pass down to future generations of WL leadership or just clan world leadership in general?

Have you guys ever had people try to fake being fluent in portuguese with something like google translate to join or try and spy and get caught / removed? Maybe one or other case, can't really tell when. It is just too hard for you to act brazilian using a google translate. You'd really have to hire someone.

Who is the most justifiable removal you've had from any clan you've been official in to date? Least justifiable? Why were they removed?

3 hours ago, Makarov said:

@Vitor @D96 Wheres Matekitu? any of u guys remember him? i met him in 2012 and he talked a lot about WL
I remember him, but up to this day we haven't found him.

57 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

If Arroz fully called it quits and you guys started absorbing their members, how many of them would you turn away due to stuff they've done to WL? (Doxing etc) ranks included

We have pardoned people who have done a lot of crap towards WL in the past because they were kids and we also were, so yea 2020 let's move on. On the other hand, being 2020 and still being imature pulling this kind of crap you mentioned, I guess we wouldn't allow.

Edited by Horn
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, D96 said:

Everyone in WL hated CWA back then. Realistically though by the timeframe you mentioned, TCL's quality was definitely superior and that's no secret, but at the same time we felt like we had more motivation/willingness to keep going for more time, which gave us more room to explore and chances to bring the W. I guess it's safe to say that both WL & TCL didn't want to take an L against each other.

@King_Obina INGL, WL only had me, Wagner, Diogo, Vitor and maybe two or three other members with DG itens, which was basically mandatory back in the day. Most of our members had DG at level 1, which really messed our quality in CLW. We didn't had a Moskah-like member which used to have lots of DG itens on his bank to even return with them on wilderness fights XD (wish we had though). 

17 hours ago, D96 said:

I honestly don't know. I could be wrong, but I assume TBK's leadership just didn't have the time/weren't willing to keep going. As for TMC, @Matheus could answer better. One of our three founders, Vai_Caga, surprisingly been showing up to our latest events. In OSRS we had Cacowho, MrLolz and me as leaders.

I really don't know what happened to my Moon Boys. I assume most of them just left the game. I still have Dethmoon added and sometimes he logs in. Maybe theres some former TMC in the currently Latin community(?). 

FBsyJVv.jpg

19 hours ago, true said:

what is a really funny story regarding wl that never got made public

I don't have the best memory for this, and I laugh about it now, but I remember we were having some information leaked to some haters (Adenina basically) and I don't know how we tought it was because we had some forum security flaw, because that time we were still using InvisionFree boards, because of this we moved to paid boards and later on we found out it was one of our officials feeding him information lmao.

Our leader Mataoumorre probably had the best stories, there was one fight agaisnt Dragonwood I think where we had some problems about the ending cap, I believe that it was Sfa pming him to stop the fight at some point and he was like "No we don't stop" "stop my cock", and Sfa posted that quote on Zybez which was filtered to "stop my organ" and that became an inside meme.

1) You guys mentioned earlier you are very content with what you have accomplished since opening on OSRS, and would view this iteration of Wilderland as a huge success even if you closed tomorrow. That being said, are there any specific goals, achievements, or milestones you would like Wilderland to actualize while you are open?

2) With decline in F2P CWA fights it seems Wilderland has been steadily P2P Pking. Do you see yourself doing any organized P2P fights in the future?

3) Having recently fought many clans in head-to-head F2P battles, what did you feel the opposing clan did well and what could have they done better in their fights with you? How happy were you with your performance against each?

-Revenant

-Ancient Fury

-Echo of Silence

-Violent Resolution

-Reign of Terror

-Tempest

ow9pwJg.png

XrAGsn0.pngkizEeaT.png

sow0bTf.png

20 hours ago, The End said:

1) What ever happened with Brazilian Rigour? Was it ever a thing, or was it a failure from start?

2) Why did the Vander guy hate Exotic and is he still around?

Related question:

3) Given many Exotic officials (MrLolz, Vitor, D96 to name a few) are now leading Wilderland -- do you feel it is much easier to get people hyped and join behind "Wilderland Supremacy" versus if you had tried to open a new clan with a different/new name? I believe you explained to me in the past the reason in 2015 the clan had to be called 'Exotic' that it would have been near impossible to unite everyone using a name of a past clan given the beef from the old days. Looking back do you think 'Exotic' would have enjoyed more success if you instead used the name of a legacy clan (whether that be TCL, Wilderland, or HA)?

1) I think it was not a failure from start but they didn't have the best leadership to make decisions I'd say. They "bought" the crash war between DF and Ronin and don't think they could handle anything and some other things that just made me think that if they had different leadership they might have done better.

2) I'm not sure why, it was something before I joined Exotic because when I got there he was a joke for the guys in Exotic. He was in Arroz for some time, don't know if he's still around.

3) I believe so yes, even though for me it was a surprise that we got so many people from other clans in I'd say some big names wouldn't come back if they heard it was a "random new clan" around. We got a lot of ex-WL's back just because it was their clan coming back and for my surprise we got some members from other clans coming back as well and I'd say it was only because WL was a big name back then, even though they were on the other side, I don't think people like Aiorya (ex TCL Leader) would've joined if it was another Exotic version. 

I might be wrong here because we never know but I believe that Exotic was a great piece for our success today, just because we managed to get Exotic together and unite atleast some of the people in there made it easier for people to join WL. Because of Exotic I was really good friends with people like @MrLolz and @Lemaster which I'd say helped to get them aboard and they got us some other members during the time. I believe all that plus the fact that everyone got in their head that it's 2020 and not 2010 and we don't have to beef hard anymore and just have fun playing the game together instead was what made the difference.

21 hours ago, King_Obina said:

What were your thoughts when you saw a bunch of former old school/high ranked TCL/SOG members applying to WL instead of going to Arroz/trying to spin up a new clan? 

I knew that they wouldn't join Arroz, if anything make a new clan or bring TCL back. When I saw some of the members joining really surprised me, never thought I'd see some of those names again and fighting for WL but I knew Lemaster wouldn't leave me after what we had during Exotic

20 hours ago, Eric said:

Messi or Ronaldinho?

Maradona or Pelé? 

Has Bolsonaro's actions have any impact in your clan? 

Ronaldinho

Pelé

Yes, him being dumb made the quarentine last longer than expect so we got to play the game more I guess

20 hours ago, true said:

Who is the worst international clan leader you've been led by?

Hard to say tbh, I've been only part of 3 international clans and all of the leader I had were pretty fine

14 hours ago, ZEDEUSS said:

6. Do you think a clan really needs a forum/site nowadays? Because discord is a mix of forum/irc/ts and is very good at all of them. How much do you think wl benefits on having an actual forum?

7. Truly the only question that matters. Tits or Ass?

- If you really want to be serious yes, there is some features that Discord can't provide. Sure you can rank people and let them know about events and shit, but you don't have the same orgazation you could have in a forum, and that's a huge difference.

- ass

• sus 1

8 hours ago, Makarov said:

@Vitor @D96 Wheres Matekitu? any of u guys remember him? i met him in 2012 and he talked a lot about WL

He was my ref when WSD closed and I joined WL, but no clue where this guy is.

5 hours ago, Adam_ said:

I'd say a good number really, they have some really tight community/members so I believe most of them was involved in a way with that stuff, even if they didn't link or said anything directly to us they still didn't do anything even though their leadership said they were 100% agaisnt it and we even helped to avoid a problem/possible dox between one of our guys and one of their members. So that's why I also respect the NP members that left, they said they were agaisnt it and left when it happened.

9 minutes ago, The End said:

1) You guys mentioned earlier you are very content with what you have accomplished since opening on OSRS, and would view this iteration of Wilderland as a huge success even if you closed tomorrow. That being said, are there any specific goals, achievements, or milestones you would like Wilderland to actualize while you are open?

2) With decline in F2P CWA fights it seems Wilderland has been steadily P2P Pking. Do you see yourself doing any organized P2P fights in the future?

3) Having recently fought many clans in head-to-head F2P battles, what did you feel the opposing clan did well and what could have they done better in their fights with you? How happy were you with your performance against each?

-Revenant

-Ancient Fury

-Echo of Silence

-Violent Resolution

-Reign of Terror

-Tempest

- After hearing the new about a possible 2021 clan cup I want to get the boys together and win most stuff that we can in there. If that doesn't happen, I think one thing I want to keep improving is having better and better fights, making everyone sweat when they fight us, because even these days I feel that there are some people that think we are just monkeys running around (way less people tho)

- Personally I wish that we can have some P2P fights in the future, I'm not a big fan myself of just hoping around and killing random people/pvmers, and feels that these days it's harder and harder to find teams during pk trips.

-

Revenant: They had a solid pile and a really strong ko power, nothing to say that they could've done better really. About our performance, it was decent but I know we could've done better so I want to do that next time we face each other.

Ancient Fury: They had crazy spam, probably one of the best I've seen so far. We had a good performance agaisnt them, had some issues which made it a little messy but it was alright.

Echo of Silence: They were fine, I think they did fine for their first fight. They had some low lvls so that's something I'd say they have to work on (and they will). We had a really good performance agaisnt them, I was happy about it.

Violent Resolution: They were fine as well, probably work on some stuff like spaming more and better styles (?) not sure. Was a really good performance from our side.

Reign of Terror: They can have a really good piles at some point with good spam but I think some of them are not really used to F2P and get farmed easily. We had some pretty good performance agaisnt them, happy about it.

Tempest: Great clan to battle, it was really good fights we had it felt that both clans have almost the same ko power and such, sometimes you were superior and others it was us a bit ahead, I really enjoy fighting you guys. We had one fight that went pretty bad but the others we did fine.

• Like 4

obviously your memberlist and the portuguese clanning community are spread across a few different countries, but i imagine there's a fair chance some people, including rivals, live relatively close to one another. has there been any irl confrontations over clan things? whether it was positive and just people meeting up to hang out or people being idiots over a video game

what's the most nh thing you've done as part of any clan?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

Any of you remember when UK_REI actually called Mataoumorre saying we (TCL) were out trying to find you? How was the reaction on your TS when that happened?

spacer.png

Ex The Call Of Legends (2008 - 2012) - Intro - Fa - Legend - Senior - Motm - Fa Manager - Council