Wilderland's AMA - D96, Vitor & Horn4

D96

Hello guys, thanks for doing this!

Most amount of sets lost in a fight? Throughout whole rs career.

Thoughts on arroz? Are there any ranks or members of arroz you guys are cool with?

Best fight ever and worst fight ever? why?

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

@D96 having been in P2P powerhouses like Damage Incorporated, Revenant, and Ancient Fury in recent years, what would you say are the strengths of weaknesses of each clan?

Between Ancient Fury and Revenant if you were to rejoin a clan today, which one would you pick and why?

ow9pwJg.png

XrAGsn0.pngkizEeaT.png

sow0bTf.png

11 hours ago, true said:

Do you feel like Brazilians were "looked down upon" by the main clan scene? If so, did that bother you?I'd say probably yes. We never care because our true fight was in our own clan scene.

Tell me about WL's last fight before EOC (WL vs TCL + HA + MB)

Who are WL's main rivals of all time? Which rivals do you respect the least?Swords of Glory for sure, they gave a run for our money. Talking abour respect, I wasn't a big fan of EoS back in the day.

What are your thoughts on current day Arroz? Do you think they're a good clan? Who do you respect the most?Current day Arroz? I'm not the one to bait, but after the 8h loss and our crash war, they are dead.

Who is the best leader in WL history? The best caller?

Leader everyone at WL must say first: Slipknot 14
Best overall leader: Ro arid
Best recent leader: D96

11 hours ago, Patrick said:

rank all the Brazilian clans all time

WL
SoG: For sure our biggest rival ever... at least for me who has been through all rivalries
TCL
HA
MMA
Others didn't give us fights, so I can't evaluate

11 hours ago, Venenatis said:

What was it like in the early days of WL and in first returning to osrs?

How does the WL today compare to the WL of the past?

Favorite rivalries?

For me early days were in 2004-2005. It was amazing because the clan scene at that time was way more "unprofessional" (besides DI, RSD, ZF the powerhouses), we would schedule PK Trips and would go from there, fights occurred on luck basis. At that time we wanted to kill for the loot not for the fight.

First returning, it kinda seemed all familiar due to the game not changing much. A little bit crappy because we all had to level up accounts lol
Favourite Rivalries
SoG
TCL (former SoG members)
Collision, which were cool with WL per se, I just personally disliked them lol, sorry guys
Most recently TR for the sake of having a rivalry
Arroz if they ever fight us again

11 hours ago, Yoda said:

Where's ole Netonv?Heard from him? 

Yes, Netonv was a great friend and a council colleague. We have a huge whatsapp group with many ex-WL members and he is around, doing well I suppose.

11 hours ago, The End said:

Which other country clans and international clans did you enjoy fighting most back in the day?

Country clans in general such as Fools, NG, LF, TMC and big challenges such as Shadow Elves, Solace, EoS

What challenges did you face getting so many people back for OSRS in 2020?

Old grudges between rivals, teaching the new META, forum activity

Is the current WL made up mostly up ex-WL or several others from other Brazilian clans?

I'd say 50/50

What do you like/dislike about the current clan world versus the past?

I got used to it, but fighting in a box and definitely SNARE. Snare sucks

11 hours ago, Howl said:

This is a dumb question, but I assume you call fights in Portuguese?

Yes

Have you ever had to decline someone's application because their Portuguese wasn't good enough?

Had to decline foreigners back in the day yea

How would you compare your time in WL with time in other clans?

WL just meant so much more for me, always. I joined international clans to see how it was, to improve english and to be involved in higher opts fights (ex: my time in TRWF and fights against ST)

11 hours ago, The End said:

An Arroz member gave the below rundown of why Arroz was beefing with WL in OSRS around when WL opened (this quote is from early July). Is any of this accurate/true or just a biased tale?

"Basically wilderland decided to reopen weeks ago and Arroz leader did let some of their members come to our events to loot/ac/etc... Everything was okay between the two clans and one of the Arroz official actually talked with Diogo about a future alliance between the two clans to be sick in both servers P2p/f2p and he said he was going to think about it but never actually happened... Tl;Dr in a wilderness fight between rot vs foe wilderland was there and decided to trash talk towards Arroz and did a small doxing spam about our leader and that's how it started and... Diogo decided to put spys in Arroz after doing that to see our reaction live in their discord and they had sick laughs about it... I mean Diogo said he just wanted to have fun, some sick action and good laughs and not taking this anything srsly but that didn't happen at all... He actually took this very srsly already doing snaky shit aka using his spys to leave cc versus death row when we lost to em 2-1, brainwashing some of our ex members that left us for em, etc... Last tl;dr he said that wilderland was going to close after quarantine was over in his country and that he's doing this just for action and nothing more but the truth is... He was lying all the time to the leader of Arroz lol"

Not really and wow this guy has a thing for Diogo.

1- Me and some other 10 guys went to a cluster, invited by Arroz, but I decided to end up piling (for jokes and laughs) ex-SoG/TCL members
2- Natural animosity grew between the clans and in one of our first events (full of lvl 90-100s) Arroz threw VR at us first and then rushed us with 60 people.
3- From that day it was on. Once we had leveled up, we mauled them in an 8h fight, where they mostly mass sniped at greaters trying to outlast.
4- Crash war
5- Arroz didn't have any events
5- Results are here. Our last fight we pulled 76 people... Arroz is most likely dead?

11 hours ago, Flukejiver said:

thanks for doing this AMA guys!

What do you think are strengths/weaknesses of WL?

Resilience. It always has been. We were the most hated clan in our brazilian scenario, we were the most crashed and we still came up victorious.

11 hours ago, Howl said:

If you could change one thing about the current clan world, what would it be?

Snare, go back to bind

10 hours ago, Ssj said:

Whats the biggest pull you've seen from one single brazilian clan?

Wilderland with 120+ people in a full out war against TCL

10 hours ago, VirgoVaca said:

Thoughts on the following clans in RS2:

Monochromatic Brazil

didn't really put up a fight until the very end of RS2

Hell Army

Good rivalry, didn't put up the best fight

MMA

Good quality, didn't have the numbers and therefore wouldn't beat us on a constant basis. We hunted these guys for years.

The Call of Legends

One of our strongest rivals ever

10 hours ago, VirgoVaca said:

You said in your introduction that currently Wilderland is comprised of members from many different Brazilian clans over time. Do you think there is drama or conflict between former rivals? Are there cliques? How do you manage that drama, if there is any?

We are way more mature nowadays. One of my jobs reopening WL was to integrate all these people. Early animosity went away. But yea, there are cliques, but I deem it natural.

10 hours ago, The End said:

@D96 @Vitor

As officials in the new DI -- do you feel you use a lot of the skills you picked up there in leading Wilderland today? 

@Horn

As someone who was away from the game a long time prior to COVID-19 and OSRS, do you feel you lean on the other staff more who had experience with OSRS? What was the biggest surprise to you coming back to the game after so long?

Definitely. My job was never aimed outside of the clan, I let this to more experienced guys such as @D96 and @Vitor. I was always aimed to the inside, to our community.
Biggest surprise was the new way of fighting in a box.

10 hours ago, true said:

Who is the worst official in WL history?

My former warlord colleague G8u7. He didn't schedule a single war and when he did, he missed the timezone by 4 hours. His stint was as short as his competence ?

10 hours ago, Makarov said:

what was the worst fight you had to attend in WL?

A beatdown we got from Shadow Elves at a J-Cup, where we pulled 100 people and lost to a 60-ish SE. I hated seeing that.

what was your favorite fight being in OSRS?

Well... 8h uncapped against Arroz and our first win against Persians, the best ranked CLW clan

9 hours ago, Crest227 said:

As someone who witnessed the Sog vs Wl beef first hand and was involved in it(Seu Polaco used to invite me to the fights), why do you think that Wl endured the test of time while clans like Sog, Tcl and MMA didn’t? What was the difference maker, who was that person throughout the years to keep the clan alive and guide it through all the different transitions Rs has went through, while everyone else folded?

Very interesting question. Hard to answer. Maybe we just wanted it more because we were always against everyone? When brazilian clans closed, the influx of members were always to other rivals and just a few would come to WL.
Personal opinion... SoG might've closed because they wanted to end on a high note, beating us a couple times in a PKRI... However, before closing they did get beatdowns every other weekend, so I'm not sure there. MMA never had the numbers to be able to beef with us, so they focused more on their community rather than fighting us.

Can't say a person name that kept the clan alive, this was most due to my fellow clan mates, that just like me, would give their time once in a while for the sake of the clan. Leaders such as Fil3000, Ro Arid, Wagnerafael and D96 were important figures in the transition of leadership.

9 hours ago, Crest227 said:

Sometimes as the years go by, rivals change, however the people leading those rivals are the same. Name some of Wl’s biggest arch nemesis’s throughout the years, Portuguese speaking clans and English speaking clans? Is there any of those people still around to thia date with bad blood towards Wl from the beefs in the past?

Seu Polaco, that little joker is definitely the most hated in my book. U K Rei, TCL ex-lead was also a target. Decceiver and Jarbarkas from MMA who would talk plenty on forums but would get bitch slapped everytime we fought.
International clans.... dude I remember a guy by the name of Nintendo456 (I guess) that would open every other time a new clan and try to beef with us. Was never a true rivarly but yea.
Probably there is, but they eventually come around and join us ?

9 hours ago, The End said:

Country clans were often exempt from the multi-clanning rule most clans had. Did you have a lot of WL pre-EOC also in international clans? I do remember a lot of Exotic in OSRS were in Downfall. Did you feel having members in international clans was more a strength or hinderance? 

Although it is in the minority, I believe you currently do have some members in other clans (e.g. GEOIDE in VR and @Digg / digeoM in Deathrow).  My question for you is: how do you prevent conflict from interests occurring? For instance, sensitive WL information getting leaked to other clans with shareds, or a scenario where you run into the rival clan in the wilderness (e.g. you're out P2P Pking and run into Deathrow)?

We had a lot, you name a clan, there were WLs there. DI? Vinicius Rub, DS? Someone I dont remember haha. RSD, ZF, TT, SA, Hostile, VR, EH, TRWF, BK, Vr, TT.. all of them.
I myself was part of Demonic Empire (kicked for multi-clanning once they found out hahaha), TRWF and RR.

I think it was a strenght when events didn't conflict, otherwise it was a problem, specially if we found out that person was skipping for the international clan. We couldn't afford to kick, when recruiting was way less than a powerhouse such as TT or EH.

8 hours ago, Howl said:

Do you think there is currently room in the clan world for more country clans to open? Could you ever see new ones opening (rather than previously closed ones reopening)? YES!! NG, Fools, LF

7 hours ago, Gochance1 said:

Hello guys, thanks for doing this!

Most amount of sets lost in a fight? Throughout whole rs career.

Probably 60-70 while being a sniper on uncappeds against TCL

Thoughts on arroz? Are there any ranks or members of arroz you guys are cool with?

I don't think bad of them, they are just not on the same level of all other clans. And why do I say that? Because after their 8h beatdown they never accepted a fight against us. It showed them we ain't playing. They did a 2 month prep for their anniversary where they asked RoT for a fight (jesus it was shameful hahahaha) and pulled over 70 people. Why not ask us for that fight? 70 PEOPLE? Why are they so scared?

Best fight ever and worst fight ever? why?

Best> The full out war that claimed our undisputable #1 brazilian/portuguese rank.

I don't recommend you watching the video because the quality is horrible, but it exists. I appear at 0:24, level 93 ?

Worst fight has to be the J-cup battle we pulled 100 people and got beat by SE's 60-ish. Horrible.

6 hours ago, true said:

in your opinion, who are the most popular Brazilian clanners of all time?

By popularity it was Luchinot, a previous warlord we had who was very carismatic and used to hang around everyone's IRC channels

5 hours ago, Howl said:

If you could resurrect one clan, who would it be and why?

SoG our biggest rival ever.

5 hours ago, Vanzant said:

Hey dudes 

We were in RR 2 together, no?

4 hours ago, VirgoVaca said:

What was your relationship like with other Latinx country clans? Did you ever interact with clans like The Moon Clan before? Was there beef or camaraderie?

I think we always had a good relationship, I'd lean for camaraderie.

2 hours ago, true said:

What is the sketchiest thing you've done while leading WL (that you're willing to admit)?

We've been pretty much an honorable clan throughout all years. I was involved a lot with spies, but that is pretty much it

Edited by Horn
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, D96 said:

2. This one was particularly good lmfao, we had like 60 on TS to fight TCL, HA & MB, which probably had 100+ combined. They all started on their own TeamSpeaks and piles. 2 hours in the fight you could see HA & MB on the same pile with "Monocromatic Army" on their auto-typer, and an hour later TCL joined them, their merge became "THM". After 6.5 hours of smoke we still had 70 on TS and they stopped returning. @King_Obina any memories? ##

No memories since I was not there, I and half of TCL's core members like Aiorya, Skinny, Bigbig, Spawn1, Victor, Uk_Rei, Leofontes and some others had left after the takeover.
Some of us were in TT with @Flukejiver <3, and some had just quit the game LOL. But hey, congratz on your big win I guess?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

spacer.png

Ex The Call Of Legends (2008 - 2012) - Intro - Fa - Legend - Senior - Motm - Fa Manager - Council

23 minutes ago, King_Obina said:

No memories since I was not there, I and half of TCL's core members like Aiorya, Skinny, Bigbig, Spawn1, Victor, Uk_Rei, Leofontes and some others had left after the takeover.
Some of us were in TT with @Flukejiver <3, and some had just quit the game LOL. But hey, congratz on your big win I guess?

❤️ you bro

• heart 1

Spoiler

JlotNFB.gif

IEJv51q.gif

bestperstmember.png

friendliestmember.png

hwW0HvN.png

6TnAgyg.png