Wilderland's AMA - D96, Vitor & Horn4

D96

I remember fighting WL as TMC and TCL. They were enjoyable fights.

Good to see WL is still around. Keep it up guys you have a lot of history

• Like 1
  • heart 1

b0c7b20a-faa7-4184-9a57-022a0307e215.jpg

d9db47b7-9a09-47a9-ba28-3cc31bcf3f5a.jpg

4af24796-620a-4b43-8ecd-78a7eae0899a.jpg

12c14374-00ab-47c9-8c85-dae84b60231d.jpg

19 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Thoughts on:

DF

Tempest

Rot

Arroz

VR

REV

AF

SV

PD

DR

Thoughts on EoS reopening?

For the two of you that were in the most recent iteration of DI, how did you enjoy being under Olde Nite? What were any strengths/weaknesses he may have had in contrast to Brian?

When that version of DI closed did you feel as if it could've/should've been saved, or it was reasonable to close given the state of things (mainly the clan word) at that point?

When Wilderland reopened did you see it as a long term thing or just for lockdown? For lack of better phrasing, what do you foresee for the future of WL on osrs?

Thoughts on the current state of the clan world and what needs to be fixed? What could be done to fix that?

Old clans are reopening and regaining members (yourselves, EoS, VR), what's another clan that you'd like to see come back and why?

Best / worst clans you've dealt with (setting up fights/general relationships) while in leadership ?

Most overrated clan of all time?

Favorite / least favorite clans and why?

Best official in your opinion from the clans I mentioned at the top of this post (from what you know/personal dealings)?

Also @D96 thoughts on bball ?

DF - I was never close to anyone in there and my knowledge about them is limited, but they used to give WL great fights back in RS2 and to DI/Downfall/The Rising in OSRS while I was there. They should get back to F2P.

Tempest - I feel like Tempest had a similar effect to what WL had when we just reopened, specially in terms of bringing more life to F2P. Seems like Tempest is doing really good lately, was surprised to see the amount of events & consistency with pulls. 

RoT - I feel like they aren't the same clan anymore. Not really sure what happened, but I think they're just cringe with doxing etc. I assume they can pull 100s if they prep big and they should be able to get decent #s regardless, but it's clear they simply aren't the same. We tried to be neutral/have an ok relationship with them in WL, but it was never gonna work with them just looking for themselves.

Arroz - What they did with an open CC was impressive, but their staff is terrible and can't control their members. They got good guys, but they also got some cringe kids. They're dead for a reason.

VR - It's good to see them back at F2P. Seems like they got a good amount of old schools coming back, so this should be interesting.

REV - I was surprised and happy to see them getting at F2P. They look strong lately, pulling good numbers with good quality.

AF - I guess it's the same feeling as Rev, was just as surprised to see them in F2P. From what I know they've been pulling a lot too and should have a good quality.

SV - I haven't heard much from them lately, but seems like they're on a bad shape atm.

PD - Haven't done P2P in a while so not sure how they been doing lately.

DR - They got a lot of good guys in there, just wish to see them doing F2P aswell.

2. It's really good to see old clans coming back to F2P. EoS used to give WL great fights back in the days and I'm looking forward to see how things will unfold.

3. As I mentioned earlier, Olde was probably the best Leader I've had. I didn't get to know @Brian well, he led me for a couple months tops, so I can't really compare them. As for Olde, he always put members before anything, which was pretty admirable. He was really passionate & active, and spent a lot of time to make sure everything was gonna go well. When Brian decided to pull the plug, I could be wrong but I don't think it was because DI was doing bad, but because he just didn't want to keep going anymore. The clan world wasn't ideal, but we were doing fine and personally I feel like we could have kept going for a good while.

4. At first we were just looking for the lockdown really, but turned out people were having fun and wanted to keep going. As for our future, personally I'd love to see even more old schools coming back, more brazilian/portuguese clanners giving us a shot & new blood on the clan. There are a lot of brazilians that play the game and never really gave clanning a shot, so that would be interesting to see.

5. I think the clan world got better on the last couple months mostly due to old clanners getting back at it, but still would be great to see a new influx of people. A part from making the environment less toxic, I'm not really sure what could be done by that point though.

6. I'd like to see clans like RSD, EH, SE, COR, TT and many others back honestly. Would be great to see more possibilities in terms of who to fight and activity in general.

7. As for best clans I've dealt with, in OSRS probably Downfall and Forsaken. Was just easy to set things up and get everything going. As for worst clans, 100% Arroz because they would just make everything harder thinking everytime I PM'd them I had a mastermind 300 IQ plan to snake them and Divine Forces when @true was Leader, just a pain in the ass.

8. No clue honestly

9. If I can include clans that I've been a part of as favorite clans, should be WL, Exotic, DI and Downfall. WL & Exotic because I was just so much into the communities and I loved the fights, DI because was a completely different experience from what I was used to and Downfall because I loved Clan Wars and the community was really fun. Least favorites probably HA & Arroz.

10. Not sure if I could name one as the best, but there are people that definitely stand out like The End, Ffs M8 and Giggle.

11. Bball is my m8, still talk to him occasionally. When we were staff in DI he was also pretty good in general, sometimes he just would wake up grumpy though lmfao.

18 hours ago, Crest227 said:

As someone who witnessed the Sog vs Wl beef first hand and was involved in it(Seu Polaco used to invite me to the fights), why do you think that Wl endured the test of time while clans like Sog, Tcl and MMA didn’t? What was the difference maker, who was that person throughout the years to keep the clan alive and guide it through all the different transitions Rs has went through, while everyone else folded?

That's honestly a great question. I think it wouldn't be fair to give all the credits to one single person, but I guess we were always just too stubborn to give up in general. Whenever we faced a slump or a bad situation, we wouldn't throw in the towel because from our perspective we had too much to lose. There were fights where we were getting smoked by TCL, for example, but we simply wouldn't give up. Specially in RS2, the motivation everyone had was simply extraordinary. Don't really know where all that energy/motivation came from though.

18 hours ago, The End said:

Country clans were often exempt from the multi-clanning rule most clans had. Did you have a lot of WL pre-EOC also in international clans? I do remember a lot of Exotic in OSRS were in Downfall. Did you feel having members in international clans was more a strength or hinderance? 

Although it is in the minority, I believe you currently do have some members in other clans (e.g. GEOIDE in VR and @Digg / digeoM in Deathrow).  My question for you is: how do you prevent conflict from interests occurring? For instance, sensitive WL information getting leaked to other clans with shareds, or a scenario where you run into the rival clan in the wilderness (e.g. you're out P2P Pking and run into Deathrow)?

Back in RS2 we definitely had a good amount of people that were in WL and in main clans at the same time. For the big majority of time it was a strength, because it made us have good relationships with most of clans. At specific points it became a hinderance, when it involved crash wars where we were neutral.

Nowadays we don't have many shareds, but we just do our best to make sure they separate things. We can't really control what someone will say on their PMs, so this ends up being about trust. As for running into DR in the wilderness, we usually just say hi to each other and keep going, don't think we've had a problem.

16 hours ago, Eric`` said:

Have any of you ever played a game called Aika

Nope

16 hours ago, Applerune said:

The Brazilians were always such good dudes. You guys got a bad reputation but I never once had an issue with the Brazilians and we had so many good ones in COR. Nothing but respect!

Hey Code, hope you're doing well buddy

16 hours ago, true said:

in your opinion, who are the most popular Brazilian clanners of all time?

That's actually an interesting question. I guess the same logic applies to RS2 & OSRS, and in general I guess the most popular were always people that were in big CWA teams. Before that era, there were obviously people that stood out because of leading a clan on a successful way. Filz, Moskah, Vitor, Armorhelmet, Naaman, Joacas, Rmd, Decceiver, Slipknot 14, Mataoumorre, Aiorya, Seu Polaco, Durateen and many more.

14 hours ago, VirgoVaca said:

What was your relationship like with other Latinx country clans? Did you ever interact with clans like The Moon Clan before? Was there beef or camaraderie?

Personally, never interacted much with latin clans other than setting up fights. Don't think there was any beef though.

3 hours ago, adam said:

Why were Hell Army better?

@Leeo

Never lolza

Edited by D96
  • Like 1
  • heart 1

gucpsM8.gif

4 hours ago, Mona said:

For @D96, List your top 20 warrers (internationals included) you'd take into a tournament - people who are still clanning currently.

1. Raamsdonkje
  2. Southampton
  3. Vitor
  4. Filz (even if he's mia)
  5. Outstanding
  6. Leeo
  7. Lemaster
  8. EoMeri (idk what he's up to)
  9. Santista
  10. Jared
  11. JcJack (even if he's mia)
  12. N Forest (haven't seem him in CWA lately but this kid is a monster)
  13. Lassuri (idk what he's up to)
  14. Maarten
  15. Ffs M8
  16. Ben (Edgeville)
  17. Rokkari (idk what he's up to)
  18. Reasoning3
  19. Scaper
  20. Giggs (idk what he's up to)
Edited by D96
  • simp 1

gucpsM8.gif

29 minutes ago, D96 said:
  1. Raamsdonkje
  2. Southampton
  3. Vitor
  4. Filz (even if he's mia)
  5. Outstanding
  6. Leeo
  7. Lemaster
  8. EoMeri (idk what he's up to)
  9. Santista
  10. Jared
  11. JcJack (even if he's mia)
  12. N Forest (haven't seem him in CWA lately but this kid is a monster)
  13. Lassuri (idk what he's up to)
  14. Maarten
  15. Ffs M8
  16. Ben (Edgeville)
  17. Rokkari (idk what he's up to)
  18. Reasoning3
  19. Scaper
  20. Giggs (idk what he's up to)

pog list cant see my name hop iam number 21

Hey WL, thank you for doing this AMA.  Have two questions for you folks.

First, as a country clan, the vast majority (all?) of your members are Brazilian.  Do you think that is something that has overall been a positive for recruitment (Portuguese speakers would naturally gravitate toward the clan/community) or a negative for recruitment (subsetting the potential member pool to a small part of Runescape's base players)?

Second, and more selfishly, any thoughts/memories on the following dinosaurs... or any word on where they may have ended up?

Decceiver (my fellow EH metal lover), S2 Guh S2 (I miss Gustavo and his positive attitude), Afonsosuper, Armorhelmet3, Dark Falco13 (this guy was a wild man), and Thicombra (may be misspelled slightly)

The EH Brazillian unit was one that we've mostly lost contact with and were really core members of our community.  Hope they're doing well, where ever they are out there.

7R85FSe.png

6 hours ago, The End said:

Were any one of you at this fight where all the Lithuanian and Brazilian clans combined to face off in a Lithuania vs. Brazil huge wilderness war? If so, how did you manage to get all the Brazilian clans to combine forces for this fight? What are your thoughts/memories of this fight? Thanks to @Pjz for providing the vids.

I remember this one. Back in 2009. I do remember how we set up ourselves for it haha.

Wilderland and Skillers were Br1 or something.

The Call of Legends and Clanless were Br2.

MMA plus all other remaining clans were Br3.

We decided to do that way because WL and TCL wouldn't fight together on a single pile. We got trashed out of the wilderness lmfao. 

FBsyJVv.jpg

19 hours ago, The End said:

When do you guys plan to rescue Slyfer from Arroz like you did to @Leeo?

I wish we got him because I miss my boy Slyfer

19 hours ago, Makarov said:

what was the worst fight you had to attend in WL?

what was your favorite fight being in OSRS?

Not gonna lie I have a really bad memorie about specific fights, but I remember it was a pain waking up in the morning (like 7-8AM) because we had to fight someone like Australian Army for some tournament lmfao. I don't remember any fight that was bad but we probably had some.

If not counting only WL fights I'd say every tournament I participate was really fun with Spartans / Seals / DI. I remember the Downfall vs RoT fight when Gochance smoked them hard, it was pretty fun as well. And for WL I'd say the last few fights were pretty sick, but the one of the fights we had versus Pandemic on clan wars when we had our winning streak was pretty fun as well, it was the first really hyped fight I had after coming back to OSRS. (fuck it's hard to pick one l0l)

19 hours ago, The End said:

There is a rumor that is been floating around that the leader of Arroz hired a prostitute and had her role play as @D96 and even branded her forehead with "D96". Then some obscene acts were caught on video and dozens of pictures and video clips were distributed across the interwebs. 

LMFAO, idk what the guy had in mind but ye, it was nice that our boys got to make a lot new names for Arroz leader so it was probably a good week where we'd laugh at something related to this

19 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Thoughts on:

DF

Tempest

Rot

Arroz

VR

REV

AF

SV

PD

DR

Thoughts on EoS reopening?

For the two of you that were in the most recent iteration of DI, how did you enjoy being under Olde Nite? What were any strengths/weaknesses he may have had in contrast to Brian?

When that version of DI closed did you feel as if it could've/should've been saved, or it was reasonable to close given the state of things (mainly the clan word) at that point?

When Wilderland reopened did you see it as a long term thing or just for lockdown? For lack of better phrasing, what do you foresee for the future of WL on osrs?

Thoughts on the current state of the clan world and what needs to be fixed? What could be done to fix that?

Old clans are reopening and regaining members (yourselves, EoS, VR), what's another clan that you'd like to see come back and why?

Best / worst clans you've dealt with (setting up fights/general relationships) while in leadership ?

Most overrated clan of all time?

Favorite / least favorite clans and why?

Best official in your opinion from the clans I mentioned at the top of this post (from what you know/personal dealings)?

DF - Great clan, they have some nice history and a good community, I think that's what kept them alive for this long as well

Tempest - Great clan, have a lot of good people in and managed to bring back some names that I didn't think would come back to this game. So far looks nice the way the clan was built and the approach they have.

RoT - This "new members generation" looks a lot weaker than what they had in the past. I think they had decent quality and could've still put up good fights with everyone even without all the shit they pull off

Arroz - I don't think they are a clan at all, so I will leave it as it is.

VR - For some reason I never really liked VR, not that I hate them but always had some problems whenever we fought them in the past (not recently tho). Anyways, they are a decent clan and it is nice to see they are still around.

Rev - Have some really good people that I know in there, looks like a great clan that been doing really well lately

AF - Don't really know many people in there, but they seem nice and it was nice to see that they came back as well.

SV - I don't know what they are up to nowadays, think they are just slaving for RoT at this point. I feel they could've done better if they did their own thing tho.

PD - Don't know much about them as well, they were nice and had some decent fights against them in the past.

DR - They are fine, I really like the boys in there and I hope they continue doing really good and improving.

- Always good to see clans reopening really. I think there's always something to add and hope they keep getting people back and wish we can have more fights in the future.

- Olde is a really nice guy, I think he was alright with his decisions overall and knew what he had to do. I think one thing that might've helped a bit was having a more predominant voice all around, but I always thought he did a great job with the clan. Can't really compare both since I was not part of DI when Brian was leader.

When you look back I think there is always things you see that you could've done different that might've changed things a bit, but I feel like it was a good point to close at that time and don't think anyone regret that decision.

- Well, it was more of let's see what we can do during lockdown. I personally never thought this would last this long but it's nice to see that we managed to keep going and stay active even after the big lockdown. I'm not thinking much about the future and just trying to have fun with the boys at this point, I usually say that if we decide to close tomorrow it would be "fine" because we achieved big things already and staying active for this long wasn't really a plan, of course I don't want the clan to close so I'd say I like to get more people back in the future or even more brazilians in the clan so we can keep active and having some decent battles.

- Tbh, I think that some PvP update could help but in the end it's just about clans mentality and how everyone operates, at this point I don't think anything is going to really change.

- If we could have both decent numbers I'd say TCL, it is nice to have some rivalry and someone to challange you for the top spot.

- Worst probably VR, when I was in Exotic we always had some problem with them during and after the fight. Best clan probably some friendly clans we had like Downfall and such, some fights were just easy to set up and shit.

- Hard to say tbh, but I'd say someone like Hell Army

- Favorite probably DI, least favorite don't really know

- From those clans and the ones I know, Ffs M8 is really good guy if he's still ranked.

20 hours ago, Crest227 said:

As someone who witnessed the Sog vs Wl beef first hand and was involved in it(Seu Polaco used to invite me to the fights), why do you think that Wl endured the test of time while clans like Sog, Tcl and MMA didn’t? What was the difference maker, who was that person throughout the years to keep the clan alive and guide it through all the different transitions Rs has went through, while everyone else folded?

Not really how to say it but, I believe WL had that 'never give up' thing so we'd always find a way to make it work and always believed in a way to come back from a slump. I'd say we also had at least one really good leader for each generation so that made it easier imo.

20 hours ago, Crest227 said:

Sometimes as the years go by, rivals change, however the people leading those rivals are the same. Name some of Wl’s biggest arch nemesis’s throughout the years, Portuguese speaking clans and English speaking clans? Is there any of those people still around to thia date with bad blood towards Wl from the beefs in the past?

I don't think they were our biggest arch nemesis but I feel that FOOLS was one of the clans we'd always try to beat because they were always the biggest country clan, other than that probably all other brazilian clans used to hate us (there was some neutral clans as well). I don't think that whoever is still around have bad blood towards us since most of them are in WL now.

22 hours ago, The End said:

Country clans were often exempt from the multi-clanning rule most clans had. Did you have a lot of WL pre-EOC also in international clans? I do remember a lot of Exotic in OSRS were in Downfall. Did you feel having members in international clans was more a strength or hinderance? 

Although it is in the minority, I believe you currently do have some members in other clans (e.g. GEOIDE in VR and @Digg / digeoM in Deathrow).  My question for you is: how do you prevent conflict from interests occurring? For instance, sensitive WL information getting leaked to other clans with shareds, or a scenario where you run into the rival clan in the wilderness (e.g. you're out P2P Pking and run into Deathrow)?

Yes, I remember we had some members in a few different top clans. I think experience wise it was a strength as they were able to bring new things and help us with that, but on the other side you couldn't count 100% on them since some of them would prioritize the international clan over us.

I think it is all about how friendly we are with those clans, for instance we are very friendly with DR so we have a different approach with them when it comes times where we run into each other in P2P, so we sometimes off them and other times just try to have a scrap where it's fun for both sides. About leaks there is nothing much we can do to really prevent, but personally I just know whoever is on any other clan and judge by their personalities if I believe that they have any chance of doing any harm, just keep close eye on them. Don't think I ever had much problem since most people like country clans and don't really want to hurt us for their other clan.

21 hours ago, Howl said:

Do you think there is currently room in the clan world for more country clans to open? Could you ever see new ones opening (rather than previously closed ones reopening)?

Not a brazilian clan I think as we don't have many new people that are into PvP anymore sadly. Hopefully there can be new country clans from anywhere tho, I really like them.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone has asked this or something similar, but I'm far too lazy to look. What do you think is the cause for Brazilians players hating each other so much? Out of all the language-based communities, from the Lithuanians, to the Dutch, to the Fins, and even the Spanish speakers, I've never seen any of the animosity I've seen from the Brazilians compare. And I'd go as for to say that this isn't even just RS, I've witnessed similar activity in other MMOs with Brazilian players. 

As one of the leaders of HA, there is a lot of biased information in here, but I dont give enough of a shit to contest it all.

Saying you won the last cluster ( and ignoring that MMA was fighting with you ) when neither us nor TCL ended is kinda BM. You guys hoped, took an ending and left. When we hoped after you, WL was nowhere to be seen.

It is also kinda biased to say that you were almost always top 1 between 2009 and 2012 when you spent more time in the shadow of HA and TCL in those years than anything else. ( Same for 2006 with SOG ).

Anyway, not here to have beef, and this is a topic from your perspective anyway, so its natural to be biased.
I do have a couple questions tho.

1. Why did you ban me from your forum? I did nothing wrong.

2. Are you not worried that if TCL reopens you will lose a lot of important people?
3. Do you guys think its even possible to revive the Luso/Brasilian clan world? I have no idea how you guys opened with 80+ people. How much behind the scenes work went into that?

4. Does anyone actually enjoy the box fights? Because I tried it and to me it was pure cancer, I hope jagex takes entangle and snare from f2p so we can actually drag again and stop with that bullshit.

HA top #1 - The comments about our lack of quality are outdated and piss me off, because after years of being numbers and fighting against it, in the last year of rs2 we actually had the best quality of all brasilian clans and the results showed it in matched fights.

• Confused 2
  • sus 4
  • honk 1