D2Master12 - AMA

D2master12

1 hour ago, true said:

If CoR had promoted you to Leader in early 2009, what would have been your gameplan taking over? What big changes would you have made? Do you think you would have stay active longer?

Hypothetically if everything were up to me (which 1 person in control wasn't how things worked in CoR unless you were Demon), then the first thing I would have done is accepted a lot of the members that Lukas had wanting to join CoR. Easier said than done, but I would have tried to evolve with the time as every other clan  did and lower how strict CoR was in terms of, "playing by the rules, 100% honor only, etc." I would have been more willing to let good in game members be accepted under longer FA periods. Basically I would make it easier on the front end to join as a FA but harder on the back end to be accepted as a member. My first public announcement to our members would be that from that point forward we would be instilling a culture of getting the #1 f2p rank and that the next months would involve CoR fully pursuing in game dominance to over take DF. I would focus on always promoting our best members and not just the old school legacy guys which traditionally CoR always had in the highest rankings. I think this is what everyone wanted anyway, but we struggled to stay on track because there was a lot of internal drama in the leadership group that constantly interfered with this. 

In short: Promote better activity, promote a #1 culture, lead by example

I think I wouldn't have stopped playing until we got and held #1 for a while. Not sure how long that would have taken but hopefully not too long xD. I feel like CoR had all the pieces they needed but never reached their true potential which was the undisputed #1 rank and be in a class of their own like DS was. A lot of times CoR leadership wanted the same thing but too many people wanted to go about it their own way and I feel that Demonchild who was the leader at the time took it as a personal attack if someone disagreed with him and then held grudges against whoever disagreed with him. And instead of appreciating everyone trying to walk in the same direction he would vengefully try to sabotage them and portray them as the villain once he got his way. I think instilling the culture I wanted would have pushed Demonchild out, but that on it's own would be a tall task. Anyway, in this hypothetical situation that's what I would have done.  

Corruption High Council -> Syndicate Leader -> Exodus Warlord -> Violent Resolution Warlord

57 minutes ago, Vanuckle said:

Who were some of the people you mentored while you were in leadership roles in all these clans? What did they manage to go on and accomplish as your mentees?

First off, these guys were all rock stars and I am by no means trying to take any of the credit for their huge successes. They should be credited 100% with everything. All that I did was recognize them and give them support to know that the clan wanted and needed them to become a better clan. That being said, here are a couple of the big shots.

Magicarrow28 - Went on to become Corruption leader. A lot of post 09 CoR call him CoR's best caller ever and even make the comparison to the great Andy4309. His character actually resembled Andy's old character in game too xD. He was CoR's best member in 07 or 08. He was at every event, always playing the game outside of pking, and always on IRC and TS but just never talked. He was also a massive tank and good binder for us and I could tell he cared a lot because he was 1 of he guys that did whatever the fight needed (sniped or binded and was 1 of the best members doing it). I talked to him about leading and he said he would give it a try. He was one of the guys that leaders like Demonchild who werent in touch with what guys did in game were shocked when I brought up his name to get trial warlord because, "he never talks!". I insisted that he must have it and he did the rest after we promoted him. He was definitely starting brand new as a caller when he first used his mic, but overtime he got better and better and his name deservingly gets thrown around with the best of CoR all time. 

Gwarzo - Went on to become Corruption Warlord. Gwarzo was also 1 of CoR's best members in 07 or 08 and a name that comes up a lot from old school DF when you ask them who they remember from old CoR. That's because he was a beast tank and 1 of our best snipers. I didn't want to take him away from our sniper unit, but I asked him if he would try calling more in the snipe unit to make the rest of the snipers more effective. The thing is he was got so good at leading the snipers that I convinced the leadership team to be OK with promoting him to trial warlord even if he only led the snipe unit. Again leaders like Demon who weren't in touch with the in game tactics didn't notice him because, "he didn't make mature posts on forums" or "didn't use his mic enough in the main pile" when all that actually would have done is had more people talking than we needed to at the time. I'm not sure what ended up happening with him when I quit CoR because he ended up quitting shortly after and joining DF. Probably some internal leadership conflict because he is 1 of only 3 CoR members that I can think of who joined DF during the rivalries. 

Applerune, Jayjay, Mage boy - Went on to become CoR Leader, Went on to become CoR Leader, Went on to become CoR Warlord. I am not taking credit for anything these guys did because EVERYTHING they did was without me and they were all great before they even joined CoR. My only point here is that they had just joined from a P2P clan called DA and were only in the clan for 3 months before they got promoted. In CoR, promoting people who just joined was a no no. It didn't matter who you were, CoR wouldn't rank you. I get we made people really work and earn it, but for me these guys were so obvious game changers that we had to change the rules. In short, I got them all promoted and I know a lot of members and officials were pissed about it because it no one else had gotten promoted so quickly but I felt strongly that it was the right choice. I quit shortly after they got promoted and they became what a lot of people call, "new CoR." 

Arma150 - Went on to become VR officer. A lot of post 09 VR members call Arma VR's best caller ever. Some say he was the best in the entire clan world. I already posted several times what I think about him. But before he started to lead, I couldn't believe he hadn't called before. I fought against Arma in a few clans when he was just a big time sniper that tended to do his own thing. When we were both in VR and started to talk on a more personal level I knew he was going to be great. I think I asked him if he would call for VR's snipe unit, then help on the main pile, and then asked him if he would take warlord. After a short time of excelling at those roles, he was an obvious guy to promote and all of the VR leadership got on board with immediately. 

Corruption High Council -> Syndicate Leader -> Exodus Warlord -> Violent Resolution Warlord

8 hours ago, D2master12 said:

I have traveled to almost all 50 states including all of the major cities in the United States and a lot of central America and South America. Toronto and Windsor, Canada also. My favorite 3 cities in the US at the moment are Manhattan, New York, Las Vegas, Nevada, and Washington, D.C.

I like to read personal development books, business magazines (Inc. Magazine is my favorite), Forbes, and automotive innovation material (self driving technology and things of this nature). 

As someone from South Dakota, (along with Bow and Death), where did you go in SoDak?

DF 11/7/06 - 12/31/16

ahri sig.png

1 hour ago, Kiwi said:

As someone from South Dakota, (along with Bow and Death), where did you go in SoDak?

Mount Rushmore of course! I went there last September 

15 minutes ago, heureuse said:

I think there was a Corr warlord named Erwin, who's been leading a pretty big rs3 clan named Zer0 PvM for many years now.

Any comments about this guy's time in Corr?

steve erwin

aUBwTQ1.png

8 hours ago, heureuse said:

I think there was a Corr warlord named Erwin, who's been leading a pretty big rs3 clan named Zer0 PvM for many years now.

do you remember his 07-12 or whenever RSN? I dont remember an Erwin. Did you mean Corbin maybe? Corbin was Conditions21

9 hours ago, heureuse said:

I got told by some old Cor that his rsn was Patricia vis and he was a mod rank in CoR, not warlord.  At the time of him being in CoR he was a pretty decent member. I never really got to know him but he was better than the average member 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D2master12 said:

I got told by some old Cor that his rsn was Patricia vis and he was a mod rank in CoR, not warlord.  At the time of him being in CoR he was a pretty decent member. I never really got to know him but he was better than the average member 

You are right. 

Erwin use to be in NBK (my old clan) and he was warlord there. He was mod in Cor. I knew him quite well, still plays I think under the rs name "Erwin" I think. 

9OGbi44.png

[X] Natural Born Killers Warlord || [X] Corruption Council || [X] The Titans Member || [X] Ronin Member

Tempest Member

4 hours ago, true said:

What hat are you wearing into the Gielinor Hall of Fame? CoR or VR?

As the saying goes, "Once Corrupted, Always Corrupted"

Edited by D2master12
  • hash 1

3 hours ago, Go Leafs said:

If Corr/Exodus/Syn/VR didn't exist, what are the 2-3 other clans you would have considered joining?

1. DF - Active, honorable, stable, loyal, dominant. That pretty much sums up 05-11 DF for you. They still have a really tight community of old schoolers who talk every day and are super accessible. I was impressed to find out that you can pretty much contact any DF official from any era even to this day and they'll get back to you quickly. If the clans I was in didn't exist it would be a no brainer to be a lifer in DF.

-gap-

2. RSD - RSD not pking 2-4 times a week like I loved in my other clans might be tough for me to handle but I think I would probably adapt to skilling like most RSD members enjoyed. They were a historical clan with a lot of talented members and I'm sure I would have learned a lot and looked at things from a different perspective from their veteran clan. Plus I respected that they were always able to stay out of everyone else's drama and for the most part avoid beef / crashing with other clans. 

-gap-

3. DI - Even if they closed in 2009 I probably would put them as the #3 clan that I would join. I never got out of my head 04-05 DI who were the elite of the elite. They had the highest combat levels in any clan besides DS and they were almost always considered the #1 or #2 clan for years up until maybe 2007. I know all the other clans caught up in time but they still were that legendary brand, "Damage Inc." DI still to this day is like one of those iconic sports franchises like the Los Angeles Lakers, the New York Yankees, and the New England Patriots. It would be cool to be a part of their clan. 

• Like 2