D2Master12 - AMA

D2master12

Cor might not have had longevity over the years but cors stint at the top was the most action packed drama filled blender of emotions that you could even make a movie out of lmao 

OAKcWeK.pngFree VenomOAKcWeK.png

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

4fa8336c28b5773b976f4dbff0b8d898.jpg

f8d7082b847774187359236a4726e424.pngo1Uh7MU.png

35 minutes ago, true said:

Who are some of your favorite VR officials you respect that came after you?

Unforantely from like 2012-2020 I had no involvement in VR so I'm not able to answer. I didn't really know too many of the officials. So I will comment on the guys that were recently promoted before/after I retired. 

Kev (Blazer originally from FF) - I never got to talk to him too much when he was a member but he was a clear stand out guy in game for us in fights and someone I wanted in a rank. He was a good tank, good binder, conducted himself well, and took charge leading our sniping unit at times. He was 1 of VR's main guys that would step up and bind at the worst part of fights or do whatever else you needed. When he got into an official role he immediately brought a lot of contribution to tactics, leading, strategies, etc in game and out of game and it was good to have a fresh mind and a different perspective in the leadership from such a smart guy like Kev. I knew he was going to have a bright future and I was comfortable retiring with Arma coming into a top caller role and Kev starting to call. After I retired I heard him call a few times and I thought he was very good. Never got a chance to fight under his calls but from what I hear he was highly respected as a caller among all the other great things he did. He was so well respected within VR that he even got leader rank which has traditionally been almost impossible to get. Just to give you an idea, it took Cera S6 10+ years to finally get leader in VR.

Arma150 - I've already said a lot about him but he was a big reason why when I retired I felt comfortable doing it. I didn't like not leading in fights because if there was a drop off I would have to pick up the messes other officials made when I returned. But with Arma, he was a guy that would more often then not hand you back the fall in with a lead, or at worst would give you the fall in back the same as before. He reminded me a lot like Lukas's leading style in his early beginnings and may have even surpassed Lukas's peak. I heard he only got better and I think turned into one of the elite callers of his era. And initial pre-warlord, he was probably VR's best member. 

Spirius - Another stand out rock star of a member pre-promotions. He didn't really say too much in game or outside of game but he didn't have to. His actions spoke for themselves. In game, he was 1 of VR's best snipers and best binders. His account rarely took damage and seemingly could tank any clan to 0 food while being rushed in the middle of hitting a bind on someone. I know nothing about P2P but from what I've always heard he was also considered 1 (if not the best) P2P pkers in his era. I'm sure a lot of the p2pers could say more about his dominance in P2p then I could, but I can say on the p2p trips in VR he was always rolling out in max p2p gear into multi (basically the gear that you would pk in at mage bank) into high level wild) and making sure VR was a presence in P2p. 

Skimer40 - He was also one of VR's best and most active members. He attended every event and would be 1 of VR's best binders or snipers depending on which he felt like doing. He was also a big blaster for us during a time when rarely anyone blasted. To put how active he was into perspective, he has the most post count on VR forums, is always on discord, ts, and in game, even still to this day. Another really deserving promotion. 

Lil David - I didnt have a chance to get to know him well but from what I've heard from everyone whenever his era comes up is that he was a big deal for keeping VR good during his era. Even though I never heard him call, the consensus is that he was 1 of the guys that got handed the torch as older callers passed it along. I'm happy VR had him and what he did during his time there. 

• Thanks 1

Corruption High Council -> Syndicate Leader -> Exodus Warlord -> Violent Resolution Warlord

21 minutes ago, Dalejamesw said:

What are your thoughts on RJ as leader of VR?

I think Rj deathlord has earned his spot in the VR history books and someone who bleeds VR. In his early days starting in like 07, I clearly remember him as 1 of VR's guys that was at every event and would never stop returning.  I remember him being a bit of a flamer in his early days but I thought he could always back it up in game since he was an impact member and at every event for VR. He was also a big part of VR's community and if you were a rival clan and crossed paths with VR on RSC/IRC/TS he was probably the first to person to immediately comment back to you with some type of flame or flame bait lol. We were all young back in the day but I think Rj was even younger than the majority so I dont hold it against him lol. Behind closed doors when I fought against him he was definitely someone who I always respected for how loyal and active he was for VR. When I joined VR in 09 I got to, "be on the other side" if you will and realized that RJ was probably 1 of the guys who loved VR the most in a clan where there were so many members who would probably go burn a rival clan member's house down irl if someone talked too much shit about VR. And I have to admit I admired the passion that VR members have for VR and the culture that they have. That is one of the many reasons why they have so many old school members and leaders that are still active. VR is very much a closed in community that screams fuck everyone on the outside but are an extremely close family on the inside. 

I understood that Rj got promoted to leader in 2019 and I think it is well deserved. We all know that 2012+ was a tough time for the clan world but RJ was always a guy for VR that was still doing his thing. Rj stuck around through the good and bad times for the worst times in the last 10 years and always finds a way to give his all in whatever situation VR is in. I heard from trusted sources that during the time when every clan was suffering, VR too had many of it's officials retiring and more than ever was asked of RJ to step up. I know he put in a lot of time and effort to keep VR going when no one was there and I think he deserves a lot of credit for earning the leader rank. I also respect the hell out of the fact that he started as a future application and truly earned his way up to leader. 

and random side comment - Rj deathlord is also a bad ass rsn lol

Corruption High Council -> Syndicate Leader -> Exodus Warlord -> Violent Resolution Warlord

24 minutes ago, D2master12 said:

I think Rj deathlord has earned his spot in the VR history books and someone who bleeds VR. In his early days starting in like 07, I clearly remember him as 1 of VR's guys that was at every event and would never stop returning.  I remember him being a bit of a flamer in his early days but I thought he could always back it up in game since he was an impact member and at every event for VR. He was also a big part of VR's community and if you were a rival clan and crossed paths with VR on RSC/IRC/TS he was probably the first to person to immediately comment back to you with some type of flame or flame bait lol. We were all young back in the day but I think Rj was even younger than the majority so I dont hold it against him lol. Behind closed doors when I fought against him he was definitely someone who I always respected for how loyal and active he was for VR. When I joined VR in 09 I got to, "be on the other side" if you will and realized that RJ was probably 1 of the guys who loved VR the most in a clan where there were so many members who would probably go burn a rival clan member's house down irl if someone talked too much shit about VR. And I have to admit I admired the passion that VR members have for VR and the culture that they have. That is one of the many reasons why they have so many old school members and leaders that are still active. VR is very much a closed in community that screams fuck everyone on the outside but are an extremely close family on the inside. 

I understood that Rj got promoted to leader in 2019 and I think it is well deserved. We all know that 2012+ was a tough time for the clan world but RJ was always a guy for VR that was still doing his thing. Rj stuck around through the good and bad times for the worst times in the last 10 years and always finds a way to give his all in whatever situation VR is in. I heard from trusted sources that during the time when every clan was suffering, VR too had many of it's officials retiring and more than ever was asked of RJ to step up. I know he put in a lot of time and effort to keep VR going when no one was there and I think he deserves a lot of credit for earning the leader rank. I also respect the hell out of the fact that he started as a future application and truly earned his way up to leader. 

and random side comment - Rj deathlord is also a bad ass rsn lol

Yeah RJ is a legend, I’ve become good friends him recently and as well as being the definition of VR back in the day, he’s done a fantastic job as leader in a difficult era for the clan world as you said.  He lives near me IRL and I hope to one day enjoy a ice cold beer with him and give him a nuggie.

Edited by Dalejamesw

Are you happy with what you know of current VR? Is it what you expected coming back (I guess you're "back" not actually back) after all this time?

Coming back after so long who were some people you were glad to see again that you hadn't spoken to in a while?

Who are some people you expected to see around but aren't anymore?

Who do you wish was still around apart from I imagine Lukas as previously stated?

You've acknowledged that for the past number of years the clan world has been in a tough spot and is in one now, do you think it's uphill or downhill from here? What do you think could alter that?

Are there any officials you wish you'd gotten to work with be it in cor, vr, syndicate, etc that you never got to? Or members you'd like to have had in one of your clans?

What's one thing you feel future generations of rs clanners should know?

Apart from what resulted in your departure from cor, what would you say is the most unpleasant thing that had happened in your clanning career?

Were there any big failures on your part during your time in leadership in various clans?

• Like 1

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

3 hours ago, true said:

Who are some members you thought would be great officials but never got a shot?

Fortunately I was always in a position that I had a say in who got promoted in the clans that I was in and I feel that everyone under my tenure who should have got recognized did get recognized. Even when I joined VR and was only Warlord I was basically treated as an elder since I had a lot of experience leading in other clans and my opinion held a lot of weight. 

but I can answer this question in a different way; What did I look for when I promoted guys?

-Significance in the game (How active they were and how skillful of a member they were)

-Significance in the community (how active on ts/irc/forums/if they liked playing the game outside of pking)

-Personality (were they good people? would other members respect them?)

-Longevity (how long had they been doing all of the above things. anyone can have random spurts where they are active for 3-5 months at a time in my opinion)

If I felt like if they were good in all of the above areas, then I could teach them the rest of the things needed to be an official (if necessary) like coach them on calling or other ways to lead. What I couldn't teach someone is how to like playing runescape or how to attend every event. Then I would generally talk to them and see what they thought about getting more involved as an official. Often times they were surprised because most of these guys were just super star members on their own and weren't "trying to get a rank." All I really had to do was say go for it and you'll get it and then they did the rest. 

What I didn't look for were people who had, "experience," people who made good forum posts, or people that tried too hard.