D2Master12 - AMA

D2master12

4 hours ago, Quincy said:

Have you trained you agility today?

-Seanq

also that is a really old name. hope youre doing well

Corruption High Council -> Syndicate Leader -> Exodus Warlord -> Violent Resolution Warlord

4 hours ago, Ammastus said:

What was the greatest betrayal you felt from another official that you thought you were on good terms with 

fortunately I wouldnt say I experienced much betrayal. I felt bad when some ex cor officals who i had promoted myself flamed me when i quit. but again i understood the situation so i didnt take it to heart.

the only other time i felt betrayed was hearing about how kaochin constantly was doing shit to hurt vr. it wasnt a direct shot at me but it still felt pretty bad that he continuously went against the clan that made him

Corruption High Council -> Syndicate Leader -> Exodus Warlord -> Violent Resolution Warlord

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Do you have any thoughts on the current box meta? Do you think you would still enjoy F2P warring in this capacity?

Is there an aspect of the game in the era you played that you would've changed if you could've?

I don't know too much about it other than watching a few videos where everyone stands inside gds and fights each other. I don't think I would really enjoy it. I liked having snipers and different areas to tank/hug in. A big part of the dynamic of being a good tank is preserving your run, knowing what prayers to use, being able to hug (get people stuck) off you so that you could get away. If you just stand still it sounds too easy. 

Near the end of my era (09-10) there was a lot of out of the game abuse going on which I did not like. RoT had introduced ddosing and there were a lot of attacks on individual players, clan forums, clan teamspeaks, etc. I wish that never happened and I would have liked for that aspect of the game to be removed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Robelink said:

Why do you think Lukas earned far more respect in VR than he did in Cor?

Lukas was almost born to be in VR lol. His mentality to win at all costs is aligned with how VR thinks. That is why VR liked him far more than CoR did.

In CoR, Lukas was viewed as going against what the wanted to do. Both CoR and VR wanted to be power houses but the paths they took were very different. I think Lukas joined CoR initially imagining that it would be like what VR really was. CoR and VR are both top notch clans but theyre made for different people. 

The second part of this is that when Lukas left CoR he did so on more of a malicious note trying to hurt the clan. Therefore most (if not all) of the respect that he had earned for fighting for CoR got overshadowed by his dramatic leave. 

2 hours ago, Go Leafs said:

great read, always nice to have insights into the inner working of clans.

being in EOS from 09-11, VR was definitely our #1 rival and the fights were always hectic

thanks. had a lot of good fights involving you on the other side. you were a good binder in your time 

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

How did you end up ending your 2nd account's tenure in VR since they never caught you spying? 

The guy who's account it was wanted to come back to the game. I quit VR and he continued playing on it.

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

Did you ever tell them when you later joined VR yourself?

Yes, I don't think anyone cared though. I think everyone just laughed and asked why I didn't join sooner. 

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

A fair few VR members are also in other clans nowadays, primarily rev/af but I think a few others. While these clans are mostly on the same side, they don't always get along. What are your thoughts on them allowing multiclanning since it could obviously have negative effects on VR itself/the community if people end up beefing over clans they're in which aren't even VR, or if people end up skipping events/whatever in favor of their other clan?

I think it is a classic mastermind move to evolve before the curve. In reality, it seems like the clan world is dead and I don't think clans are able to uphold the same standards that they once held in 06-10. VR has always been a clan that is never afraid to take chances. I think this is them taking a chance and dealing with whatever comes with it. Their leadership team will know what to do with whatever comes from it. 

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

It seems despite being VR who may have been known to not always play by the rules other clans considered to be part of their code, you were generally a pretty honorable guy. Nowadays a lot of the stuff considered NH back then is extremely common (crashing/ragging/etc) as is some of the more extreme stuff and out of game stuff. What are your thoughts on this?

I agree and I noticed the trend as well. In many cases I think Evizu saw the way the game was heading and simply beat other clans to the punch on every aspect. I think this is a big reason why VR is still open and still pks with a lot of the same leaders/members to this day. I would consider myself an honorable guy that played by the code of the traditional clans rules. But when I was in VR I simply saw their views on things as an innovative way to approach the game. Being different is OK and I think it is why so many VR love being in the clan. VR never crossed the line too far, but they were always challenging what was socially accepted and I think everyone should appreciate them for keeping the game interesting. 

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

What's a funny or interesting story from your time in clanning that nobody knows about? 

I myself am guilty of camping Ghjjf for his kill picture in like 06 ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MILAD said:

me and you probably talked like once or twice, never crossed each other`s path except when we faced each other in fights.

Gotta say that there was a lot of talk when you left Cor. I for one was shocked as hell. 

If you can go back and change something to what made you leave, what would it be and why?

agreed we never really crossed path but you were always someone around the top clan scene. 

I wouldnt change anything, but hypothetically if I could go back I would have told Lukas that we were staying in CoR and took the leader position. Then I would have demoted Demon child and tried to get back all the ex officials that had left. I'm not really sure if there was a way to do this without feeling like I was hijacking the clan but in the right context all of the leadership team would have been aligned on a clear focus for going after and always holding the #1 f2p spot. I think CoR already had all the right pieces and tools to maintain #1 for a long time, but it self destructed too many times to be a stable #1. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tukuruk91 said:

Great to see old faces... was a honor to work with u back in 2009 in Syndicate.

Are you still playing? Gl with everything.

good to see you still around. haha glad to share the syndicate experience with you. and thanks

No, i'm not still playing. I quit at the end of 2010 or early 2011. Cant remember. 

Do you still play?

10 minutes ago, true said:

If Lukas ever reads this, what do you want him to know?

to find a way to contact me. a good starting point would be through vr forums. and also that he should reach out to the old school clanning community in general. a lot of old school people are still around and interested to see how/where he has been

17 minutes ago, D2master12 said:

good to see you still around. haha glad to share the syndicate experience with you. and thanks

No, i'm not still playing. I quit at the end of 2010 or early 2011. Cant remember. 

Do you still play?

I quit playing/claning since 2011-2012.... made a new acc due corona quarantene shit though.... 

What made you quit for good?

Did RS ever impact your life in a negative way?

You went MIA for some time, do you regret quitting RS early, since EOC only came 3 or 4 years later?

I consider you one of the most underrated callers ever, but if could choose 3 other callers to call by your side, who would you choose in terms of quality? Not considering friends.

What players were a pain in the ass every time you piled them? In terms of tanking/prebailing

• Like 1

Being led by both Arma and Cera who you thought was the better one? Everyone thought Arma was better than Cera when they both were in their prime but imo Cera was way better than Arma with pile picking and consistency. Arma no doubt was good but I still thought Cera was the better one so I would like to know your opinion 

aUBwTQ1.png

GUK0zkS.gif

SwqCHMW.png