D2Master12 - AMA

D2master12

3 hours ago, Crest227 said:

I totally agree about Andy. But this is what aggravates me when I talk about Corr. I can make a list of officials, 80% of them will hate Rob and Tom. Why didn’t they all just get together and drop an ultimatum on them?

We basically did, however, they had control of everything. They knew when they kicked Chopa they would lose me/rad and many others but they didnt care to be frank lol.

OAKcWeK.pngFree VenomOAKcWeK.png

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

4fa8336c28b5773b976f4dbff0b8d898.jpg

f8d7082b847774187359236a4726e424.pngo1Uh7MU.png

@ Crest - What Code means is that even though Rob enabled tom, the guy clearly loved corruption, everything he did he believed was best for the clan. That alone merits respect. It's kind of like Westbrook in the nba, he will never win that chip, he might even make his teams worse, but everyone in the nba respects him because he gives more effort than anyone else playing right now.

Honestly, I feel like Rob is a scapegoat in a lot of ways, did he enable Tom? Yes. But Tom called the plays, he made the choices, and he burnt the bridges. Do I respect Tom? As a Runescape offical, absolutely not.

• Like 1

OAKcWeK.pngFree VenomOAKcWeK.png

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

4fa8336c28b5773b976f4dbff0b8d898.jpg

f8d7082b847774187359236a4726e424.pngo1Uh7MU.png

Oh wow. Honestly I thought I'd been mostly forgotten about at this point.

Ok so after reading through a bit of the thread that touched on Corruption, Demonchild27 (Tom) and Myself.

I was definitely not active at an in game level or even in regards to much of the membership for the back end of my existence in CoR. I was however still handling and helping with a lot of the backend and technical end of CoR and still felt heavily invested in the direction of the clan after having spent so long in it and leading it. Was this something I should have done? In my head at the time absolutely, Corruption was like my baby, I wasn't going to let it turn into something I didn't want it to. Almost 2 decades later I've matured enough to realise that when you end a chapter in your life, it's best to step back from it and let it run its course, not fall for a sunk-cost fallacy.

Demonchild27 and I worked well together because we were similar people, the timezones may have helped with that and maybe the country we were brought up with also contributed to having similar mindsets but overall there were lines we could both agree do not get crossed, both in respect to the game and just how you were as a person. In game it was important to us that we won in a fair manner, not through what we perceived as dirty tactics. We wanted to be the best but we also wanted to be the best in a FAIR fight. Outside the game but in the forums / TS / etc neither of us had much patience for hatred in regards to racism, sexism, nazi jokes, etc and that certainly caused a bit of conflict at times with some people as being an edgelord seemed to be part of the package for the average scaper back then.

Was I well respected or hated? I was both.

Respected:

• In my hey day (when I was putting in 60 hour weeks into the clan), those in the leadership around me were on the same page and we made it work.
  • The members that stood by the Corruption name and contributed were made to feel as a family and rewarded with content, respect and a dynamic environment.
  • Someone in CoR being targeted with sexist / racist harassment? Fuck no that's not tolerated. It might be the internet but that's still a human being.
  • Clans started crashing? I'd make it my business to network with other clans to establish Anticrash units to keep fights cleaner.
  • Smaller clans need some advice and help? Yeah I'd reach out to them and do what I could to give them a hand out of game with forum hosting, etc.
  • Your clan getting DDoS'ed by some fuckwit? Yeah I'll show you some workarounds to get it back online while their botnet is costing them.
  • We turn a profit on ads and have some excess after hosting costs are covered? Let's do XBOX giveaways.
  • Clan support non existent? Let's fight for it! (fuck did that backfire...)
  • Don't forget I came back to CoR many years earlier along with 4 others and stayed the course to revive the clan from death. We had 30~ members with a very low average level when I took the reigns. I (along with a variety of leaders over the years) stayed the course and brought the clan into the top 3. Keith got us into the top spot.

Hated:

• In game I was fucking despised by many because I would use manufactured rivalries as a tool to advance our clan. Anarchy are kicking around? fuck yeah, let's destroy them, hunt them down and make their lives hell, let's try to make them disband. MK being cocky? oh we're going to train up, recruit and prepare for our fights with them because they think they'll walk all over us. DF? Well that one backfired because they made that work as much to their advantage as we did to ours.
  • Then of course there's the back end of my time in CoR. I was getting my shit together in real life and really didn't have much time to devote so feeling I needed to still help that time was spent on the back end and in direct communication with the leadership and some of the member base that I already knew. If you joined the clan during my less active years you probably had every right to dislike me. I didn't earn your respect like I had with those members during my active years. If you didn't know me from then, I was just some dick who barked orders and threw more then my 2 cents in when it wasn't even asked for (in your eyes).
  • I called a lot of people and clans out on behaviour I viewed as "dishonourable" (crashing, etc). For many such as RoT it was a game and they could do whatever they wanted.
  • I was a pretty toxic dick to some people as well. I regret that and unreservedly apologise to anyone I was overly cruel and crossed the line with (Lego is the main one I can think of).
  • I was flat out arrogant at times. That would not have helped.

Anyway at the end of the day this was all so long in the past, I personally don't hold any ill will towards people from that era. I understand we were just a bunch of mostly teenagers that got drawn into Runescape like a crack addict and did silly things to get our fix. Most people I've kept any type of tabs on from CoR seem to have turned out to be really good people and I'm proud of them for that, I'm sure most of you have gone on to achieve or are in the process of achieving stable lives for yourselves, with the exception of covid putting some brakes on things for people.

Love you all,

Rob.

Edit: On a side note can I also add that Tom is really a genuine and nice guy. He's got such a clean head on his shoulders and is an absolute asset to humanity in every way shape and form. Say what you want about him in regards to CoR (I think he was one of the clans greatest, if not THE greatest asset the clan had overally) but as a human being he's just a champ. 

Edited by Robtokill
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

If Corr came back nowadays, how do you think you would react to how the clan scene is now?

uRNt3ZR.png

Through action, a Man becomes a Hero

Through death, a Hero becomes a Legend

Through time, a Legend becomes a Myth

By learning from the Myth, a Man takes action

8 minutes ago, Noble Inc said:

If Corr came back nowadays, how do you think you would react to how the clan scene is now?

COR was the only clan with the balls to actually close when all clans should have. It's embarrassing to see some of the clans that have stuck around since. May piss a lot of people off - couldn't care less - but people who brag about things accomplished after 2012 always made me laugh. The clan world has been such a joke for nearly a decade. Watching almost every clan indirectly die a slow painful death (god forbid they ever admit it) was painful to watch, especially when you consider their history and legacy. 

That said, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Personally, I think it's super dope how so many communities have stuck together, but when I see a post of old clans like DF and VR celebrating another milestone it makes me laugh. Not that anyone cares about what I think, anyway - but I always loved a good discussion. 

COR moved on from RS so long ago, it'd be ridiculous to ever think about reopening the clan.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Echliurn said:

Requesting Demonchilds

I feel bad because it seems like he gets dunked on by everyone. Lord knows we'd love to have him tell his side of the story. Tom is an absolute A+ guy though. One of the nicest, most well-rounded people that has ever graced this game. Through all of the RS bullshit (that is ultimately meaningless) he deserves to be known as an incredibly decent guy who genuinely cared about others. 

Also, whether you agree or disagree with his ways - there are a lot of people in that latter category - Tom cared his ass off about COR. Nobody can deny that.

Edited by Applerune
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Applerune said:

COR was the only clan with the balls to actually close when all clans should have. It's embarrassing to see some of the clans that have stuck around since. May piss a lot of people off - couldn't care less - but people who brag about things accomplished after 2012 always made me laugh. The clan world has been such a joke for nearly a decade. Watching almost every clan indirectly die a slow painful death (god forbid they ever admit it) was painful to watch, especially when you consider their history and legacy. 

This doesn't make sense in my head whatsoever. Corr closed because the clan was in a pathetic state prior to it's closing. And im not talking weeks or months, im talking years. Directly relating that to the state of the clan world makes no sense. People will always say that the clan world was better in x era than x era, but that doesn't mean that others are not having fun in 2021, pulling 30 or 150 like old days. Things change and even though I had more fun being involved in the clan world in 2009 than I do now, I still enjoy fighting and I appreciate that clans like VR and DF managed to stay strong through the years, the first one still maintaing the officials from back then, like Evizu and Cera.

Edited by Robelink
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Applerune said:

COR was the only clan with the balls to actually close when all clans should have. I

Cor were pretty much dead by the time you closed anyway and were useless since 08, not sure I’d call It having the balls to close + clans can stay open as long they want as long as theres a thriving community 

edit - this was bleadr from DF.

edit2: from saxo. Jake is wrong above. you were useless since 07.

Edited by Saxo
  • Haha 1
  • pepesus 1

3 hours ago, Robelink said:

This doesn't make sense in my head whatsoever. Corr closed because the clan was in a pathetic state prior to it's closing. And im not talking weeks or months, im talking years. Directly relating that to the state of the clan world makes no sense. People will always say that the clan world was better in x era than x era, but that doesn't mean that others are not having fun in 2021, pulling 30 or 150 like old days. Things change and even though I had more fun being involved in the clan world in 2009 than I do now, I still enjoy fighting and I appreciate that clans like VR and DF managed to stay strong through the years, the first one still maintaing the officials from back then, like Evizu and Cera.

Won't even bother giving details cause you literally have no idea what you're talking about 

2 minutes ago, Applerune said:

Won't even bother giving details cause you literally have no idea what you're talking about 

Oh wow I really can't counter those strong arguments