D2Master12 - AMA

D2master12

10 hours ago, Josh 221 said:

Hey man! It's nice to see you around. I hope you're doing well ?

no questions this time around, just wanted to say hi!

hey good to see you around too! hope youre doing well too! 

Corruption High Council -> Syndicate Leader -> Exodus Warlord -> Violent Resolution Warlord

10 hours ago, david said:

Favorite callers

This is only based on the people that led me and not other clans (no particular order)

Andy4309

Radicialsrufu

Cera S6

Lukas1400
Arma150

Dragon boss6

Hios

• Like 1

Corruption High Council -> Syndicate Leader -> Exodus Warlord -> Violent Resolution Warlord

10 hours ago, Buzz said:

Some very interesting things to hear about Demonchild, from you and many others. I joined Corruption in June 09 after you left (I believe?) and have heard some good and a lot of bad things about Tom. From a "member" point of view, he was seen as the main respected figure at the top, even though he wasn't there at all fights, everyone appeared to look up to him. However it appeared to be a different picture from officials and as you say it appeared it got to a point where he was hindering the clan more than helping. I personally thought he was generally a decent guy but I do sometimes wonder if so many officials would have left under different leadership. I didn't get ranked until he retired so I can't make any opinions based on my own experience as an official. I always preferred @Applerune 's and @JayJay's leadership, you wouldn't cross them but they were generally more chilled out with the community and it made us a better clan for it. 

I think your understanding of demon child is pretty accurate. from a new person coming in i'm sure it is easy to wonder why that guy was in charge. him being ranked was more of a legacy thing and he wasnt promoted for earning it in game. but he was also active enough behind the scenes to not have much push back about him losing his rank. i think if chopa would have demoted him back in 06 or 07 instead of retiring himself cor would have become a powerhouse and a lot of the old officials would not have left. nonetheless, applerune's leadership seemed to revive cor from demon's own self destruction within the clan and brought cor back

10 hours ago, Buzz said:

From my perspective there seemed quite a lot of negativity towards Syndicate and Lukas especially for quite a long time but on the other side of the coin I heard you both did a lot of good for Corruption. I've spoken to you before as well and fought against you quite often and you've always seemed like a good guy with a lot of ambition. Although it was natural for me to have a negative opinion of VR mainly because of the crash war, I did (quietly) have respect for a number of officials/members in VR and you were one of them. 

glad to hear that.

also, i think it is an unspoken truth that everyone has respect for vr but no one wants to admit it. looking back at the game and speaking from a non playing perspective it is easy for me to say this since i dont have ties to any clans anymore

10 hours ago, Buzz said:

I suppose my main question would be (i've never really seen a VR officials perspective on this), what were your thoughts to the crash war? Did you regret VR going in to a crash war? From Cor's side it was almost as though 50% enjoyed it and 50% didn't, I was one of the ones who liked it (except all the outside BS) but there were a lot of members like the old school clanners/more "honourable" people that ended up leaving as a result. 

From my perspective I loved the crash war. I think so did at least 85%+ of VR. My understanding is that the reason why VR started it is because there was too big of a power gap between VR and the #2 clan. VR was not getting any fights because no one had a chance to fight VR 1v1. We weren't planning on letting that gap close, so instead of waiting to see what would happen next, VR decided to intentionally crash other clans fights with the intention of getting a 2v1 fight. This had never been done before and at first a lot of clans fought back against VR. What was crazy though is even 2v1s were VR vs the #2 and the #4 clan for example wasn't enough to win. I think even the first 2v1 fights only lasted 6 hours or so. VR had pretty much decided as a community that this is what we had to do in order to keep getting action and since everyone knew this we were all pretty much on board with the potential fall outs of what could happen from doing so. We knew we would likely have many fights were we would be drastically out numbered. VR's attitude was, "VR vs the world" and everyone was pumped to take everyone. I don't know what happened from the other side, but I do recall the time when we got blind side rushed by 300+ people from CoR, DF, EOS, TT. I think that fight lasted 12+ hours but VR ended up winning. I know we had some help from other clans too like dk, but for the most part it was a really impressive victory and the best victory that I remember in my time playing. I think I retired when the crash war was still going on but at my point I hadn't gotten tired of it yet.

From what I hear it dragged on longer than it probably should have though.

How did you end up ending your 2nd account's tenure in VR since they never caught you spying? 

Did you ever tell them when you later joined VR yourself?

A fair few VR members are also in other clans nowadays, primarily rev/af but I think a few others. While these clans are mostly on the same side, they don't always get along. What are your thoughts on them allowing multiclanning since it could obviously have negative effects on VR itself/the community if people end up beefing over clans they're in which aren't even VR, or if people end up skipping events/whatever in favor of their other clan?

It seems despite being VR who may have been known to not always play by the rules other clans considered to be part of their code, you were generally a pretty honorable guy. Nowadays a lot of the stuff considered NH back then is extremely common (crashing/ragging/etc) as is some of the more extreme stuff and out of game stuff. What are your thoughts on this?

What's a funny or interesting story from your time in clanning that nobody knows about? 

• Like 1

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

9 hours ago, Crest227 said:

Couple of things...

In my opinion we were the #1 clan in the game at our peak. DF was on the decline and we were on the rise. My suspicion as a core member was we had weak pussies in leadership which were holding us back. Throughout my history I’ve single handedly blamed Rob and Tom for Corruptions ruination. Thanks for confirming it.

I agree

I agree Andy was Corruptions best leader. However I think he and Keith also failed us all as leaders. By allowing Runescapes biggest ass clowns to implode the clan. I felt that Rob snd Tom offered nothing to the clan. Rob would appear every two weeks, make some topic in announcements calling us all weak and undedicated pieces of shit, then he’d go

mia for another two weeks then perform the same jerk off instructions. Why the fuck did we let Tom who was absolutely worthless, some inactive moron from a dead timezone, dictate how the best Est clan in the game operates?

Looking back on it I actually thought the same thing. It's not just on Keith but everyone for letting Tom and Rob take so much control over CoR for so long. Keith was definitely the right guy to do it since he was also leader at the time. I think since he didnt, no one else after him did, besides when applerune and his team changed things. At the time though Keith was kind of on the outside of the leadership team and there were a lot more numbers on the way demonchild wanted to run things. I wish I would have done more also, but the thing with CoR leadership / culture was that we all respected the hierarchy to a fault. And because people widely viewed Rob as the founder of CoR, even if people disagreed with him, it was his clan so we ultimately let him have the final say. I wish demon and rob saw that themselves and fixed things themselves, but looking back on it i agree it was their own fault for the self destruction that happened within Cor. on the other hand, cor had such a strong legacy and peaks that it is hard to argue that demon and rob werent doing the right things. i think what gets people is that everyone within Cor knew that even with everything the clan achieved there was still an even higher ceiling that was never realized. CoR's potential was to be undisputed #1 for a long time and it sucks that CoR was already held down by demon child and also rob for enabling him. 

You say Rob was highly regarded, but I never saw that in my entire time in Corr, if anything Rob was a Paraiah. There would be a group of us playing Tribal wars together, Keith would just openly talk shit about Rob and Tom to us(us being rads, me, magicarrow, da masta420, to name a few. I feel that Corr’s leadership was incredibly clique like. I also felt that I was right at the pinnacle of it’s demise. Rob made another topic flaming people and I took it personally. I called that pussy out on his bullshit. Which resulted in me being guested inmediately by Tom. Right after that, Eric left/removed and it all went downhill from there, Rads to Di. I think you and Lukas were the last ones to be out of the Corruption equation.

Which makes me wonder, look at all of us, the people who made Corruption the best clan in the game, all used up and spit out by the biggest retards to ever lead a top clan. Who actually instilled the power to Tom? Why didn’t Keith or Andy over rule that vermin? Why did Corr allow him to implode in my opinion the best clan of all time? 

I consider Rob highly regarded because he was credited as the founder of CoR. For the simple reason of creating CoR and bringing them into relevancy he had everyone's respect.  Like you said though, he was not the most active person and held CoR back more than he helped in like 07 or 08 onward. You were right for calling them out, but as they did with everyone else they spinned what was going on to keep their own credibility in the clan. I think that topic got deleted actually and you were out casted from CoR to cover up their problems. 

This is a question I look back on now and ask the same question. Keith I think didnt have enough support from top leadership at the time of his prime and if he tried kicking them out it would probably be viewed as him hijacking the clan even though I think most of the members sided with Keith. I think he just got fed up with it and got pushed out himself. He did the "honorable" thing which was to retire. A lot of other officials decided to just quit. Andy didnt care enough about the leadership politics. He was the 1 guy who could have made everything changed if he talked, but that wasn't his personality. Andy was beloved by all but I have a feeling if he did speak up he would have been pushed out by Demon as well. 

I think the rest of the leadership team to follow had not been in the clan long enough to challenge rob / demon's verdict because they had so many more years in the clan than we had. Again, it was kind of a feeling that we would be hijacking the clan from the guys that made it. 

In the end, I still think CoR had a good legacy, but they certainly could have been even better than they were which is scary to think about. 

Time for some real drama though, I was always an outsider in Corr, but Vr is home to me lol.

I’m not sure if you were in Vr at the time for this stuff or you came after it happened. But there was a time when I was trial warlord and Tj had got exposed for leaking to Df(I know you’re going to ask me which time lmao). But he leaked terrible shit, private information, clan internal drama, trash talking members and officials. Shit that if anyone had been caught doing would not only get them kicked, but banned. Tj somehow was never punished or demoted. I took this shit very personally, I called him out for it. When it came to the next round of promotions, Hugo got warlord over me, which was a major insult to me, the man can’t even speak English. When council promotins came up, Luck_z got it over me, which once again was a major insult. Which ratdick piece of shit in Vr was it going against my game of thrones Vr style lmao?

I wasn't in VR at the time so I didnt know about this. That is bad to hear. My guess is at the time VR was too dependent on TJ for what he brought in game for a long time. This when they were a top #5 clan and weren't as respected as they would come to be. TJ probably had you sabotaged since VR thought they needed him in game. Which again is why I was so disappointed when I joined VR only to find out that he was such a shit caller. I think it was a mistake keeping him for as long as VR did, even if he was really active in game in his prime when VR was a top 5 clan. He hurt the clan more than he helped it and was a big reason why they never were better than #5 when he was the main caller there. 

Lastly to connect to current times. I don’t know if you remember Brian289 in Vr? He was a chill guy, echoed a bit, I thought quite average in our clan at the time. Would it surprise you that not only did he becomes Rot’s leader, but he ended up being what a lot of the current generation of Runescape players think to be the goat when it comes to being a walord? Personally I never saw it coming and I still find it hard to believe lol.

I remember him being in VR but I never heard him call. From the outside, he just stood out as a good member. I would be interested to hear what more 06-10 clanners think of him as a caller. Anything after 2011/2012 was kind of irrelevant and if the new school of people are calling him the goat I cant take credibility to it. Definitely would like to hear him call myself though

• Thanks 1

me and you probably talked like once or twice, never crossed each other`s path except when we faced each other in fights.

Gotta say that there was a lot of talk when you left Cor. I for one was shocked as hell. 

If you can go back and change something to what made you leave, what would it be and why?

Q2Qhkdy.png

9 hours ago, Dubbel Drank said:

Didnt you get kicked out of 'The' for helping TF spamming/piling/1iteming me during their war? ?

c41JSuq.jpg

I did lol. At least at first. What was bad to me is that I got told by the The futures leader to attend that fight. I was was in teamspeak, walked up together, etc. Anyway after the fight I got told by a THE leader that I was not allowed to attend that fight and should not have attended. I explained that I was invited to the event but the whole disorganization of 1 leader telling me to attend then being told it wasn't allowed was the final straw for me and I did not wish to stay in the clan. We were getting destroyed regularly and I knew it was not the type of clan that I wanted to be in. And also I think that was me binding not 1 iteming xD

7 hours ago, Robelink said:

Do you ever think about coming back? Not playing the game, but solely to get back to fighting

No. I was never the type of person to be able to sit back and not take action. I'm either 100% or 100% out. And I couldnt even get myself to play if I wasnt committed to playing and leading

With todays meta of every clan doing both f2p and p2p, do you think you would have enjoyed that instead of focusing only in f2p?

I'm not sure because I never really gave P2p a fair chance. But to be honest I really only enjoyed F2P pking. There was too much going on in P2p and I think it has only gotten more complicated now. P2p was like my person time playing the game and F2p was for clanning. 

Do you want to call again?

If I came back to the game I would for sure want to call

Is it true that RSD is still in a dd at rdg?

lol I wish I remembered this reference 

Vr misses you, man.

I miss VR too, I had a lot of good memories there

6 hours ago, Dark Invoker said:

You should've stayed Exodus ? I really enjoyed the few fights we had after Syndicate mass joined. I think we literally PKed every day until you guys left :hash:. You, FM11, Hios, Lukas, J221, Doom of Gods & Sipstrassi was definitely our peak calling line-up, shame it didn't last too long. 

Agreed! it was such a power house line up. Exodus was a force. I was really missing big 100+ person fights and was impatient and wanted to get back into it right away. 

Although, you left us with Hios & Hscrusader which I'm grateful for, they ended up being very important members / officials for Exodus. Has anyone seen Hios around over the last few years?

Both Hios and Hscrusader were very good callers. Both well respected as top guys in the top #10. They both had pretty impressive legacies. I would have loved to see what they could do in the top #5. I havent heard from Hios in about 9-10 years. Would love to reconnect with that guy

If this hasn't been answered already - what happened to Lukas1400? Do you still keep in contact with him / anyone that used to play RS.

I don't think he's been seen since maybe 2012. I lost contact with him but my guess is that he quit everything and never looked back. when lukas is done with something he is done. hopefully he reads a forum post or something at some point and tries to contact someone though

6 hours ago, waffle fairy said:

damn reading all these ama's make me miss the time being top 10 actualy ment somerhing and was hard to achieve

yeah it's crazy the top 10 use to be so competitive 

the power was basically like this

-

-

-

#9 and below

6 hours ago, Pietru said:

What clans did you enjoy fighting the most/enjoy fighting the least in VR and why?

I enjoyed fighting DF and CoR the most.

DF because they were always a good challenge and CoR because they were my old clan

6 hours ago, Pietru said:

Who were some memorable people in VR?

1. Evizu - Again I consider Evizu the #2 most influential person in the clan world behind only Ghjjf. This guy is a mastermind and dictated the direction the clan world has been going for years. Love it or hate it, Evizu has been calling the shots of what's happened in the clan world for a long time. 

2. Viper1500 - He is the founder of VR and still has remained active throughout all the years. This guy even got his glitched account banned that barely took any damage in like 06? and has stayed active and playing to this day. It was always good having such an old school founder's opinion for decisions the clan made. Also, Viper never tried to take control or battled with egos when he was in the retired rank. He simply offered his input and it had a lot of weight in the direction of the clan.

3. Cera S6 - like i said before, -I think Mike (Cera S6) is the best fall in leader in the history of the game. He has been leading at a top level for 15+ years. He is definitely a 1a guy and 1 of the big legend guys that can hype the clan up. He has evolved VR a lot and is never afraid of a challenge. High performance and being consistently good for 15+ years is what separates him to the #1 level. I know he may have had time off when everyone quit RS from time to time but he still just led for VR today. Anyone who wouldn't put Cera S6 on their top 3-5 best fall in leaders ever list is making a mistake. 

4. Craigberry11 - like i said before, Craig brought a tough guy attitude to VR which made VR kind of difficult to deal with for anything but it played into the, "most hated" clan spirit. He was a big part of every clan knowing that VR was going to do things their way and there was no rationalizing with them. Craig was active in game at his prime and super annoying to deal with if you were fighting against him. He was a really impactful sniper so you had to pile him but he would tank you almost every time. He may have been too aggressive and crazy at times but Evizu could calm him down when he got too angry or started too much shit with other clans. Whatever shit he started typically just resulted in more action for VR though. 

5. Kaochinx27 - remembered in a bad way for being a shitty official and person

5 hours ago, Scleritis said:

What would you say were your biggest strengths as a caller?

I think I could remain calm even with having 30+ snipers attacking me and a cluster fuck going on in game to pick out the weakest targets and binders. I knew a lot of how the game worked and I didnt call piles / did things that set our clan back when I was leading. My goal was always to kill more people when I was leading than whoever else was leading who I was fighting against. I approached each fall in as a 1on1 perspective and I think by doing so I kept winning a lot of ground for my clan in that way. Over time the consistency and length of leading spoke for itself. I also would like to consider myself a pretty good tank so I think when clans did pile me their members had to know that they were going to set themselves back because by the time I died, my goal was to make sure more of their clan died first. I also had like a $1b bank account, and intentionally got money making skills to show it so that everyone who piled me also knew that I wasn't going to stop returning. So attacking me was almost a waste of time because one of theirs would leave a fight before I did. 

4 hours ago, Quincy said:

Have you trained you agility today?

-Seanq

lmao. anyone who remembers old cor knows that i wanted us to increase our agility levels. to me this was a strategy to have an advantage over other clans in the cwa era. in this era, your agility level determined how quickly you could regain your run% and I think how fast it would run out. Often times for CWA matched fights (same # of people fighting each other) I took into consideration the agility level of our members. I also chose members who I knew knew how to preserve their run %. There was nothing I hated more than watching my clan not tank to their abilities because they were out of run. On the contrary I always targeted inexperienced clanners who let their run % run out.