Tempest: Year One

True 2k8

What a great year. When True reached out in July, I have to admit, I thought he was crazy. 😛 Still do... But he's done a great job at putting the boomer bullpen together.

Met so many good friends while here. So many great memories; banter in discord, late nights on teamspeak, the AMA's and recaps. Far and above the best experience I have had in the world of Gielinor. 

Thanks to those who have been here in Tempest. And cheers to those on the outside. Friend or foe - it's what makes the game interesting. Fingers crossed we can remain as a good retirement home and keep providing the great community we have since day one.

Think the video captures every element of Tempest. Thanks to @Null who records so much but still found hilarious clips in there.

• Like 6
  • heart 3

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

It’s crazy how fast 1 year went by. Went from true telling me on TeamSpeak/discord that he’s returning to the clan scene and he’s going to join rev to 10 minutes later having a officials lineup for the new clan. Spoke on TeamSpeak until 3 am talking about who we’ll recruit and if we’re able to revive the f2p scene. Our goal was to get just 50 members and we achieved that goal within a night. Searching for a clan name was also difficult and had to have members vote for our name. True wanted redemption I wanted Atlantis Vene was excited so he mixed stuff with vanguard n some other name. It’s insane how far we came for only 1 year of opening and how much friends we brought back and also made new friends. Being able to work with people in the officials lineup I thought I’d never in a million years was something special to me. I learned a lot of things on what it takes to run a clan behind the scene and also run a clan during crunch time. It’s only the beginning and we’re already doing this much damage. Opening this clan with you guys is something I won’t ever forget and I would like to thank every Tempest member that ever gave us a chance. Even if you’re not in the clan now good or bad you will always be apart of our history.Keep sailing sailors and continue on for year 2! Tempest on me chest

• Like 8
  • heart 1

aUBwTQ1.png

GUK0zkS.gif

SwqCHMW.png

Being in Tempest has been some of the most fun I've ever had on this game.  Enough cannot be said about the strength of this community (and the craziness that comes with it). From a couple of boomers just looking to have fun, to a dominant force in the clan world, Tempest has certainly come a long way. Thank you to all of the members and officials who make this clan special.

Here's to the next year and whatever it might bring.

• Like 7

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

When Tim reached out to me in November, I told him there was absolutely 0 chance of me coming back to RuneScape. Fast forward 9 months, this has honestly been by far one of my favorite experiences I’ve had clanning in my entire career. The fact that we were able to accomplish everything we’ve done with this combination of people from different clans and various eras of the game is truly amazing. I’m so excited to see what’s in store for year 2 of Tempest. Happy birthday Tempy! 

• Like 7

IkxZxGH.png

0sj0La8.gif

uiKF6Vo.mp4

1C8F9B31-BBB3-4390-9DD8-F36B27BFD592.png

409FD042-2929-4DA3-9AE4-D8C2C23A0CB5.png

Definitely wished I joined day 1 but prior life engagements had me not so sure if I'd like playing the game. True dm'ed me about the whole idea and I was skeptical. I logged back into the game and my last login was exactly 365 days ago. Ever since I got back into the game and joined Tempest and haven't looked back. What a wild and fun ride it has been. A clan full of boomers that most people shoved under the rug. Look at us now.

Been one great year. Here's to many more Tempy :peperave:

Edited by Mitch
  • Like 8

hvHoqlp.png

GjBRyio.png

ODhl97J.gif.f831a07b979f5c0b8db14cb43c1db70d.gif

divider_660.png.2c0ed24e9905e05ac66f75b86313c193.png

PDlMitch ~ Ex: Knights of Order ~ Collision ~ Syndicate ~ Exodus ~ Crimson Raiders ~ Downfall ~ Divine Forces

EKoWIwx.gif

48UvRla.png

Ien0xgI.png

qnyOThg.png

No one - not even the founders expected Tempest to develop into the incredible community we see today. Tempest started as just a seed, that seed being the simple idea to create a clan filled with likeminded individuals. It amazes me how far this simple idea has taken us, and continues to take us. The Tempest community has been a beacon of light not only to me, but certainly to all those who remain here. Hell, we've even been a beacon of light in the darkness that is the PvP scene.

I can never forget how we started. I will never forget the challenges we faced as we sailed forward through our first year. I'll always respect those who have chosen to sail with us, and those who carry on the simple yet perfect idea of Tempest. 

Happy Birthday.

• Like 5
  • heart 2

Banner.gif.dc80e2784c0ab7a1fee5354fe35d4

1 minute ago, Venenatis said:

No one - not even the founders expected Tempest to develop into the incredible community we see today. Tempest started as just a seed, that seed being the simple idea to create a clan filled with likeminded individuals. It amazes me how far this simple idea has taken us, and continues to take us. The Tempest community has been a beacon of light not only to me, but certainly to all those who remain here. Hell, we've even been a beacon of light in the darkness that is the PvP scene.

I can never forget how we started. I will never forget the challenges we faced as we sailed forward through our first year. I'll always respect those who have chosen to sail with us, and those who carry on the simple yet perfect idea of Tempest. 

Happy Birthday.

Tempest: Your best idea yet!

• Like 6

aUBwTQ1.png

What a year it's been! I never thought I would be playing runescape again, let alone be in a clan. But to be honest, I'm so happy I did. From the beginning, no one ever thought that we would make it. The amount of work that everyone has done here, from the officials to the members, has been amazing. There are so many people in this clan that I would of never met if it wasn't for Tempest, so I am very grateful for that. Congrats to everyone and let's keep rolling to year 2! Happy Birthday Tempy! ❤️ 

• Like 8

Spoiler

JlotNFB.gif

IEJv51q.gif

bestperstmember.png

friendliestmember.png

hwW0HvN.png

6TnAgyg.png