Official fitness discussion!

Mk 17

On 11/11/2020 at 4:54 PM, Alex said:

There's no such things as a proper split, but essentially all scientific research points towards hitting muscle groups two, maybe three times a week. Nothing wrong with a back/bi day, chest/tri etc regardless of how long they've been training, and it's likely better to get people set up with a well structured split from day one. The most important thing is the recovery period between working a muscle group, and setting up what @Mk 17 referred to as a "proper split" will (almost) always garner better results. The volume per muscle group is too low, and the frequency is too high to see real progress if you're hitting things every day. 

I'm not arguing against structure. I personally value frequency over volume (in a single day) and I agree with hitting muscle groups 3 times a week. It's hard to do that when you have a push/pull/leg split though. I don't think its worth for a beginner to be on a push/pull/leg immediately. It's better for a beginner to build work capacity and enjoy their best year of gains in a program that values frequency over intensity. Then after a year or so, they can evaluate and see what areas require work. That's when the push/pull/leg split comes in and you build out your program.

I can give you a wall of text here but all I want to say is frequency is the parameter I value the most. Structure/splits are awesome, especially when it aligns with a person's goals.

I just had a miscommunication with MK/Inf but we are super chill now lol.

On 10/22/2020 at 9:58 AM, Tika191 said:

Still in physio for a shoulder injury from ages ago but finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, soon I might actually be able to contribute to this ?

Finally be able to pick up your zuk pet after gaining some more mass irl?

• Like 1

Proud Tempest - Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Intro > Applicant > Member

9NYuh93.png

Please if you spot these missing robes, have them returned to Panda|Mike for a reward.

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif

4 hours ago, Sus said:

Ain't your gym still closed

I think my gym is open, but I haven't been going

many of my workouts are bodyweight workouts anyways, so I've just been working out at home

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

bumping a 2 months old topic to remind everyone to go to the gym and also straighten ur backs my fellow banana shaped people

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Discord_HETwQJ1v4w.png.f36b96e3805b96e1af7b65a9cf2d7834.png

image.png.8123a2549fedaeb3ec2e979f2d401964.png

bc69bb0703.png

ROT MotM April 2011

ROT Official 2011-2016

What are some short-medium term goals everyone has? (thinking 3-6 months)

I'd like to get my splits for 10-12 mile runs back down to ~7:15-7:30. Also hoping to go back down to pre-pandemic weight, so probably losing 4-5 lbs. Not a lot I know, but enough to make me feel a little better.

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale