Official fitness discussion!

Mk 17

16 hours ago, Howl said:

What are some short-medium term goals everyone has? (thinking 3-6 months)

I'd like to get my splits for 10-12 mile runs back down to ~7:15-7:30. Also hoping to go back down to pre-pandemic weight, so probably losing 4-5 lbs. Not a lot I know, but enough to make me feel a little better.

Be able to buy more fucking plates and dumb bells when they start producing them again.

But other than materialistic;

Get to 17% bodyfat (16 is endgoal), around 19-19.5 now. Looking to aim for a reliable 6x or 8x170 deadlift PR. Same goes for 8x120 bench reliably. May as well go for some high rep PRs when setting 1 max reps whether DBs or on a bar has been made impossible since covid and failing deliveries. Sure there are other PR attempts but bit much to name

Edited by inf`
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, inf` said:

Be able to buy more fucking plates and dumb bells when they start producing them again.

But other than materialistic;

Get to 17% bodyfat (16 is endgoal), around 19-19.5 now. Looking to aim for a reliable 6x or 8x170 deadlift PR. Same goes for 8x120 bench reliably. May as well go for some high rep PRs when setting 1 max reps whether DBs or on a bar has been made impossible since covid and failing deliveries. Sure there are other PR attempts but bit much to name

At this point I'd kill for some heavier dumbbells and a new bench rack that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  

9 hours ago, Frankventura said:

I used to workout before pandemic started, now I dont know how to be healthy or fit anymore ahaha. GL guys

That sounds like you need to find your motivation in #fitness on the Discord tbf

Need to sort my shoulders out, struggling to balance my bulking atm because I'm not putting on weight with a clean bulk (I'm 6 ft 2 and need to reach around 90kg atm, I'm stuck around 85) but I'm getting unhealthy attempting to dirty bulk it instead to force the growth. Meanwhile I don't think I have a good plan in place for my shoulders as results are at best, inconsistent.

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

On 6/17/2021 at 5:02 PM, Lavigne said:

Need to sort my shoulders out, struggling to balance my bulking atm because I'm not putting on weight with a clean bulk (I'm 6 ft 2 and need to reach around 90kg atm, I'm stuck around 85) but I'm getting unhealthy attempting to dirty bulk it instead to force the growth. Meanwhile I don't think I have a good plan in place for my shoulders as results are at best, inconsistent.

dirty bulk to force the growth... and just gain fat instead of lean mass? just up your calories by 300-500 each day until you start to gain 1lb a week.

good plan for shoulders what are you doing for them currently?

- Thought I'd post and get this thread going again.

My current goals is working on strongman style lifts - atlas stones, stone carries, yoke, log press ect.. I was going to be competing in local strongman competition but due to covid was pushed back to next year so for now focusing on strength gains in those lifts. 

5 hours ago, Sprogie said:

good plan for shoulders what are you doing for them currently?

4x 10 barbell press, 3x 20 arnold press 3x 12 laterals with lighter dumbells, every couple of days I do lunges and/or situps with dumbells.

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

2 hours ago, Lavigne said:

4x 10 barbell press, 3x 20 arnold press 3x 12 laterals with lighter dumbells, every couple of days I do lunges and/or situps with dumbells.

Is that at gym with full access to equipment or home workout?

Is it standing press or seated for barbell?

What about rear delts?

Are you using same weight each set or progressively getting heavier? 

If your not making progress make changes to the workout and make sure your diet is in check.

11 minutes ago, Sprogie said:

Is that at gym with full access to equipment or home workout?

Is it standing press or seated for barbell?

What about rear delts?

Are you using same weight each set or progressively getting heavier? 

If your not making progress make changes to the workout and make sure your diet is in check.

Hi, mostly home workout atm, gym return soon. my gym is in Jersey (channel island) where I live atm, I play for an American Football team based in London, and I am in London a lot atm helping my sister in Reading with childcare. So very often I have to make use cos I refuse to get a 2nd gym sub or pay for day passes.

Barbell press is standing, arnolds are seated. 

I had to google what a rear delt is, I've played American football 3 years but only started working out a year ago so you'll have to bear with me and hopefully be able to provide some insight (my disc is Lavigne#0001 if you wanna add me and I can dm you with queries); not ashamed to say aside from the plans given to me and generally "what feels good to do" - I don't have a professional/reg idea what I'm doing a lot of the time. I have done rear delts in the gym without knowing they're rear delts, with something that looks like this:

https://www.muscleandfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/1109-Rear-Delt-Machine.jpg?quality=86&strip=all

Different weights, my laterals are done with lighter weights. 

Diet is relatively in check I think, but despite having a lot of carb heavy days I still feel like I'm really short sometimes - I do not have a professional diet plan, I have to work it out as I go along but I'll admit my lack of experience is causing issues. Either I don't take enough in and lose weight (I need to stay at around 90-95kg for my position, I am 6 ft 2, I am frequently stuck on 85), or I don't gain because my workouts burn everything off too easily. I almost never take supplements or shakes, but will usually take some kind of fluid recuperation with me to the gym (usually Hosstile's Intra workout) and have a protein shake at home. Like today I was super desperate and ordered Chinese, which is the 4th time I've had to order something over the top this month because I was so desperate for the carbs. I would say my meal inconsistency in terms of what I take daily is far worse than what I choose to eat. I can't expect to get away with having 2 medium sized meals one day with no breakfast, and then 4 meals the next.

Edited by Lavigne

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Lavigne said:

Hi, mostly home workout atm, gym return soon. my gym is in Jersey (channel island) where I live atm, I play for an American Football team based in London, and I am in London a lot atm helping my sister in Reading with childcare. So very often I have to make use cos I refuse to get a 2nd gym sub or pay for day passes.

Barbell press is standing, arnolds are seated. 

I had to google what a rear delt is, I've played American football 3 years but only started working out a year ago so you'll have to bear with me and hopefully be able to provide some insight (my disc is Lavigne#0001 if you wanna add me and I can dm you with queries); not ashamed to say aside from the plans given to me and generally "what feels good to do" - I don't have a professional/reg idea what I'm doing a lot of the time. I have done rear delts in the gym without knowing they're rear delts, with something that looks like this:

https://www.muscleandfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/1109-Rear-Delt-Machine.jpg?quality=86&strip=all

Different weights, my laterals are done with lighter weights. 

Diet is relatively in check I think, but despite having a lot of carb heavy days I still feel like I'm really short sometimes - I do not have a professional diet plan, I have to work it out as I go along but I'll admit my lack of experience is causing issues. Either I don't take enough in and lose weight (I need to stay at around 90-95kg for my position, I am 6 ft 2, I am frequently stuck on 85), or I don't gain because my workouts burn everything off too easily. I almost never take supplements or shakes, but will usually take some kind of fluid recuperation with me to the gym (usually Hosstile's Intra workout) and have a protein shake at home.

My disc crashes constantly on my phone so not got it at minute until I get a new phone. 

What's your full routine? 

Are you making progress in other areas?

Do you count your calories to make sure your eating enough every day?

What is your macro nutrient breakdown?

Do you know what your BMR is? 

Do you factor in your American football for calories burnt and adjust your diet accordingly?

If your not gaining weight you need to eat more. 

1 hour ago, Sprogie said:

My disc crashes constantly on my phone so not got it at minute until I get a new phone. 

What's your full routine? 

Are you making progress in other areas?

Do you count your calories to make sure your eating enough every day?

What is your macro nutrient breakdown?

Do you know what your BMR is? 

Do you factor in your American football for calories burnt and adjust your diet accordingly?

If your not gaining weight you need to eat more. 

1) Full routine in terms of workout timings or full day (meals, workouts etc)?

2) Yes, the shoulders are getting better, but I have too much excess fat. This is not a big issue in American football, a lot of defensive linesmen got a belly, we aren't built to have abs or look like the next Mr Olympia, but I'm not a guard or tackle, I need to lose it because its stuff that could be going into better areas.

3) Yes.

4) For a full day? This is a variable from week to week.

We'll go for a "Normal" day

1400-1600 kcal (around 300-350 carbs, frequently higher)

1000kcal Protein (around 300-350g protein)

1000kcal Fat (around 120~g)

5) Not off the top of my head, my gym has one of those scale things that'll tell you but where I haven't been in a while and have changed shape, it won't be accurate.

6) I should, but don't.

7) I think my diet needs fixing here, I need to eat more, but not more of what I eat right now.

Thanks for the advice sofar btw, appreciate it mate. 

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

38 minutes ago, Lavigne said:

1) Full routine in terms of workout timings or full day (meals, workouts etc)?

2) Yes, the shoulders are getting better, but I have too much excess fat. This is not a big issue in American football, a lot of defensive linesmen got a belly, we aren't built to have abs or look like the next Mr Olympia, but I'm not a guard or tackle, I need to lose it because its stuff that could be going into better areas.

3) Yes.

4) For a full day? This is a variable from week to week.

We'll go for a "Normal" day

1400-1600 kcal (around 300-350 carbs, frequently higher)

1000kcal Protein (around 300-350g protein)

1000kcal Fat (around 120~g)

5) Not off the top of my head, my gym has one of those scale things that'll tell you but where I haven't been in a while and have changed shape, it won't be accurate.

6) I should, but don't.

7) I think my diet needs fixing here, I need to eat more, but not more of what I eat right now.

Thanks for the advice sofar btw, appreciate it mate. 

Yeah what's your lifting/cardio routine? What are your goals? 

So you want to lose fat but your trying to bulk at same time it can happen with a recomp diet but it's slow unless your using PEDs and I don't recommend them at this stage if at all. 

You have to decide really what you want to do if you want to get to 90kg then adjust diet and slowly add on the weight to get as much lean mass as possible.

BMR is basal metabolic rate. So how many calories your body needs each day to just maintain your current bodyweight If you know roughly what this is then you can adjust your calories from there.

What sort of carbs and fats are you consuming? When do you take them? 

If your not gaining weight at 3600 calories then you need to add more calories. Do you carb cycle at all or is it just the same every day? 

If you are leaning out whilst staying at 85kg then your diet at moment would need an extra 300-500 calories in diet to add 1lb/.5kg a week which is all you need.

You can send a reply via PM if it's easier mate I can go through everything if you want. Working from home at moment and I got plenty of time to kill 😅.

• Like 1