Divine Forces AMA - Bountyhuntur & Homedawg90

Bunty

20 minutes ago, Striking McLightningrod said:

Ross + @true leading a fight vs @Homedawg and lil2, who wins?

Good fight

19 minutes ago, true said:

What clans do you feel like were "similar" to DF and why? 

I thought EH were close but didn't have the spunk. There motto was 'honor' above all. 

18 minutes ago, Striking McLightningrod said:

@Homedawg who in your eyes was DF's best caller ever?

It's a hard tossup between Lil2 and Peterh

18 minutes ago, RagingPanda said:

Being an Old School RS Clanner. What are your thoughts on the changes in today's Clan World? 

Divine Forces has always been an outstanding clan all throughout the Clan History. Being a high ranking official for the clan. What pressure was put on you and what expectation was given to you by the leader you served? 

Most old school gamers come back for the community. I think the communities lack new, original, blood that's caused the status quo to become stale. I think part of this is because new gamers have the mindset that they can change their name online and become a new person therefore what's done in the past can be wiped. That may be why older people who used to be apart of these communities maintain their names and everything associated with it. Credibility had value. 

Back then, being someone like head warlord, you kind of have the authority of a leader when it comes to fighting. And when that is done 5+ days a week then those responsibilities become, maintaining 'honor'(lol). But also giving your all every time. 

16 minutes ago, RagingPanda said:

@Homedawg Hypothetically, if you were the Leader of DF today. What sort of route would you take the clan in? How do you think you'll fair? 

I'm not sure. I don't think DF could have gotten much better. But I could have gone the VR route and ended up like La Hire. Thankfully things ended gracefully. 

13 minutes ago, Striking McLightningrod said:

Me and Rad vs @Homedawg and Ves who wins??

That's a good one. 

11 minutes ago, david said:

What were your thoughts when you came back to the "new era"

I didn't like it. I think clan fights have been stripped down to 'efficiency' instead of fun. Of course these fights are fun but relatively speaking, not so much. 

Sniping was also a thing back then but there was still more organization as large parts of the wild were used. 

10 minutes ago, DoSoQi said:

what was your feeling when you got kicked at the end from the clan that u someday  gave it every thing  you can  or kept it alive ?

It's not a fun feeling, but you get over it. 

8 minutes ago, Flukejiver said:

@Bunty@Homedawg

Who would you say was DF's biggest rivals?

Who did you like to fight the most and why?

I think it was corruption. Yes the fights with RSD, TT, VR, were really fun but Corr was at a time when DF were underdogs. We would lose and come back for more, and that's also how TT fights were too until we would win. But with corr, they wanted to kill us off when we were mid sized. The clan took that personally. 

5 minutes ago, DoSoQi said:

which clan u enjoyed fighting against if u rm or have vid of it

I think a corr vs df full out is out there. More recorded fights against would also be nice to see. 

DF October 23 2005

image.png.93fdeefd5b24df2ba1ebd59ec86c4179.png

Anything you would have changed from your time as official in DF?

Any official from another Era that you would have liked to be official with?

Ever consider leaving or joining another clan? (bunty)

If you could bring one person back from the dead so to speak who would it be?

Thoughts on the crash war?

Bunty specifically how did it feel when you realised True kicked you from the clan? At the time, did you think it was the right thing to do or were you salty about it and has this changed in hindsight?

Was it surprising when DF beat Cor for the first time ever or did everyone just kind of expect it to happen eventually if you kept going at it? What was thought after realising you had finally beat them?

What was the best era of DF in your opinion?

Edited by Saxo

2 hours ago, I Kill Batty said:

How did you feel when you saw the clan went to notorious e-dater like True 2k8?

Initially I thought it added a good spark to the clan. True has some great traits, but towards the end I think he could have done better to not cause so much chaos. My rank on these forums is a great example of that.

1 hour ago, true said:

What are the best and worst qualities of these Leaders?

Death

Lego

Bunty

Shinobi

Ves

Kim

Omniusha

Whazaa

True

Murray

To be clear - I was not active in DF for most of these so my responses are just outside observations.

Death - his ability to push DF to be its best and challenge anyone was his best trait. Worst was he went too easy on members who broke rules.

Lego - I think just his overall presence in the clan, nothing specific. He argued a little bit too much with people on RSC.

Bunty - Probably should ask other people. I could be too harsh on people, but I also know how to motivate people (if you're willing to read my posts that end up being novels).

Shinobi - He was a hard worker who cared. I think he was a little afraid to lay down the hammer or make a tough decision when he needed to, from what I could tell.

Ves - Ves had the respect of pretty much everyone in the clan; everyone liked him. I don't know if he had the mind for long term strategy.

Kim - Like Ves, everyone liked her. I can't say what her worst trait was, I was starting to kind of fade out at this point and not paying attention as much.

Omni - Omni is extremely loyal to DF and always tried his best. I don't know if he really had the leadership trait, but to be honest with you I never personally spent much time talking or working with Omni so whatever I say probably doesn't do him justice.

Whazaa - Another one who I think a lot of people liked and worked hard as an official, which earned him the leadership rank. I think there was a lot of internal battling amongst officials during this time, from what I have heard, but I can't confirm that as it is just rumors.

True - I think True and his leadership team had a great willingness to adapt to the changes that the clan world and rs threw at them. He's burned a lot of bridges with DF and the DF members of my time, leaving a lot of bitterness, which he should have worked to mend. Instead I see the opposite.

Murray - He is extremely loyal to the clan and have pushed them constantly to be better, you can't really question how much he cares about DF as I talk with him about it all the time. I know he'd admit this himself, but I think recruitment will be a struggle with him as he doesn't really reach out to try and befriend people outside of the clan too much. He has a solid group of officials and members to help fill that void though, which is what is needed as all leaders have their flaws.

1 hour ago, Striking McLightningrod said:

First and foremost, might not expect it from me but I respect the hell outa you guys. Homedawg used to be the rival :D.

@Both

1. How do you feel of what DF has become today?

2. Who was the best DF caller in 07/08?

3. Do you guys agree that CoR vs DF 07/08 rivalry was the best ever? why or why not.

4. If you could change anything about your time in df what would it be?

1. I love that clan. They have solid officials, a leader who really gives a damn and has done a lot to keep it chugging along, and a motivated memberbase who tries their best to excel at whatever challenges them. They have only been good to me, and I want them to become the ultimate version of themselves. I trust them wholly.

2. I think Homedawg, he earned a lot of respect in a short amount of time to get the Head Warlord rank, but I wasn't really active in 08 either.

3. I think DI vs. DS holds that title, but I would definitely put DF vs. Cor second. The top dogs taking swings at each other is always entertaining, but there is no doubting the energy put into the DF vs.  Cor rivalry. It was harsh and bitter, but also fun.

4. I wish I could have led for longer. My life changed a lot back then which led me to retire quickly. I wanted to help DF not only become the #1 clan but the best clan that has ever existed.

1 hour ago, david said:

Do you think True was a good leader or have a mindset of a leader? Cause i think he's shit

@homedawg who were you favorite callers when you came back to the oldschool runescape and realize you weren't godlike anymore and who were your favorites to lead with back in the day

I think he was for awhile and does have that mindset, however I also have concerns of him leaving people bitter towards him. He has his strengths, but isn't without his flaws.

1 hour ago, true said:

What is your most "proud" moment that you led DF to?

Who would be your "dream lineup" of DF officials?

If you could have recruited anyone from another clan into DF's leadership during your stint.. who would that have been and why?

My most proud moment was leading DF out of its slump initially. I wanted DF to know that while Death played a huge role in DF's success that ultimately they were the determining factor, so when we got out of that slump I think we all felt pretty good about it.

Honestly I really had a solid crew of officials when I took over DF. Lego, Homedawg, Ves, Scotticon, Flin, Dark Knighty, etc. are some names I would choose. Some new faces/people who were just past my time that I would love having on my team was Murray, IMK, Rene, True, Shinobi, Peterh, Dalejamesw. Idk there are so many.

Back then it would have been Blue Wall, although Valor already closed and he just wasn't active. He eventually joined the leadership team it was just after I retired.

Edited by Bunty

1 hour ago, Pietru said:

Any notable people you remember from your days in DF?

So many. Death, Lilhunterkid, Scotticon, Runites, Dark Knighty, Seek Destro0, Beevis, Pickleman, Flinestoneman, Homedawg, Veseble, Lego, Lil2, the list just goes on and on that I can't possibly list them all out.

What was so special, in df's eyes, about Flinstoneman?

I think he had a presence that was more than a Warlord. He was a great Warlord, but I think he could have led the clan at some point.

How did you guys feel about Lego/Kim being in a relationship and both ranked, did this ever cause drama?

Not something I ever concerned myself with, and I don't recall it ever causing drama.

1 hour ago, Vanuckle said:

Who were some of your favourite members to have around in 2006? 2007? 2008?

I listed a bunch earlier in this post. 07/08 Saxo, Dalejamesw, Shinobi, etc.

Ross + @true leading a fight vs @Homedawg and lil2, who wins?

Hard to say since I've never been led by Ross or True, but I'll take my old school bias and go Homedawg & Lil2.

@Bunty who was the best DF leader of all time in your eyes?

Whichever way I answer this question I'm going to get flamed out by someone, so I'll list 3 and let you determine from there: Death240, True 2k8 and Legolas86880.

1 hour ago, true said:

What clans do you feel like were "similar" to DF and why? 

Good question, DF was the most unique clan I had ever been in. I guess Cor since I got to know them on a personal level as a deep-seeded rival. It feels like that rivalry started based on a common trait both clans had.

Edited by Bunty

59 minutes ago, RagingPanda said:

Being an Old School RS Clanner. What are your thoughts on the changes in today's Clan World? 

Divine Forces has always been an outstanding clan all throughout the Clan History. Being a high ranking official for the clan. What pressure was put on you and what expectation was given to you by the leader you served? 

Today's clan world is not my cup of tea. I respect DF for keeping it going and doing their thing, and am happy they are enjoying it, but for me personally I don't think I could be active in it. I started to notice changes with crashing/ddosing/extending fights way too long which helped kill the flame for me. It felt like everyone refused to take a loss which degraded the clan world, and on top of that Jagex was making changes that didn't exactly help. I think the current clan world is the aftermath of that, but clearly it hasn't ended it as clans are still doing their thing, so maybe it isn't quite what I think it is.

No pressure was really put on me, but I certainly put pressure on myself. I just wanted to be myself and help in whatever way I thought I could to make the clan better. Unfortunately that meant I ended up being a bit of a hardass as council. Death eventually told me he hated what I turned the clan into, so I guess there were expectations that I didn't know about.

58 minutes ago, RagingPanda said:

Divine Forces has had many Leaders throughout it's life. What do you think each leader did great and what they could have improved on? 

I listed this in my first response. Sorry, good question though.

54 minutes ago, Pope said:

You guys couldn't find better old school DF officials than Homedawg?

I'll let Homedawg respond to this one lol.

53 minutes ago, Striking McLightningrod said:

Me and Rad vs @Homedawg and Ves who wins??

Homedawg and Ves, duh. ?

52 minutes ago, david said:

What were your thoughts when you came back to the "new era"

I never really came back to the new era, but observing from the outside I was impressed that DF managed to keep competing at a high level considering the state of the clan world. They were obviously holding their own in challenging times. As for the clan world itself, it kind of ended up being what I thought it would end up being based on patterns I saw back in the day.

51 minutes ago, DoSoQi said:

what was your feeling when you got kicked at the end from the clan that u someday  gave it every thing  you can  or kept it alive ?

It was no big deal, I told True back then and IMK just a few days ago that I think it was past due and understood why they did it. I just like taking fun little jabs at True.

49 minutes ago, RagingPanda said:

@Bunty How did you feel having to step into such a big shoes? What do you think was the legacy you left in DF? 

I'm a pretty confident guy so I took it head on, knowing I had to earn DF's trust. My legacy isn't important, I just wanted DF members to know that they were responsible for all of the success that they had and only they could get in the way of it falling apart. Ultimately I think it worked out pretty well, and I hope in doing so I played some sort of role in establishing DF's ability to adapt to challenges over the years.

1 hour ago, Flukejiver said:

@Bunty@Homedawg

Who would you say was DF's biggest rivals?

Who did you like to fight the most and why?

Corr was hands down our biggest rival. DI for a brief period when we were fighting for the #1 rank. After my time I think ex-DF members would tell you TT and MAYBE VR for a bit, but can't say for sure.

I liked fighting the big boys, DI and DS. We didn't do it often but I enjoyed the challenge every time we did. I also enjoyed fighting EH as I respected that clan a lot. Cor was fun but when you fight a clan so much you eventually get kind of bored of it.

Thoughts on current Reign of Terror?

I'm never surprised by them. I don't really consider them a legitimate clan if I'm being honest, tactics went way too far and from what I hear still do.

1 hour ago, DoSoQi said:

which clan u enjoyed fighting against if u rm or have vid of it

I just listed this above, DS/DI/EH.

1 hour ago, true said:

Biggest regret in DF? 

I think being too much of a hardass as council. I think that turned a lot of people off. Other than that my leadership stint just being so short. I wish I could have lingered longer and helped DF establish a more dominant role. The strength was so new by the time I stepped down.

1 hour ago, Pietru said:

What are your thoughts on DF now as compared to before?

They're awesome, I love that group and respect them a lot. They are the epitome of what I want DF members to be, and have done a lot to still be a threat. Ultimately I just want them to make DF what they want it to be so it can be their clan in a similar way to how it has always been mine. I'm proud of the community we created in the past and I hope they are proud of what they have done.

1 hour ago, true said:

What are some funny stories from the leadership side that was never told publicly?

Honestly I'm too old the grey hairs have taken over my brain. Can't remember anything funny specifically.

Edited by Bunty
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Saxo said:

Bunty specifically how did it feel when you realised True kicked you from the clan? At the time, did you think it was the right thing to do or were you salty about it and has this changed in hindsight?

Was it surprising when DF beat Cor for the first time ever or did everyone just kind of expect it to happen eventually if you kept going at it? What was thought after realising you had finally beat them?

1. As council I was a bit of an ass as DF members were like wild mustangs, and I wish I would have spent more time actually trying to befriend people. As leader I wish I would have spent more time on rankings and member input options, as I think there was a lot of untapped potential that we didn't take advantage of.

2. Blue Wall, hands down. He and I think a lot alike.

3. Nope, DF is and always be my clan.

4. This is tough, there are so many people I'd like to talk to again. Since Seek came back around I guess I'll say Beevis, those two were hilarious.

5. I hated crash wars, I thought it was a waste of time to think clans could really spend time killing another clan due to disagreements. Hurt every clan long term in my opinion.

6. I was never salty about it and understood it. I just like to tease True for it.

7. Death pushed us so hard to never give up on our fights with Cor, and when we started beating them it felt really damn good. It was like a weird mixture of being exhausted over it but being too stubborn to lie down. I think that was a huge turning point for what DF would end up being over a 15 year period, as its mentality of constantly fighting and adapting was engraved in it.

8. Honestly I am very impressed by 2010 - current day DF. I don't think anyone like us on the outside really, truly understands how difficult it would have been to adapt and have success through crash wars/ddosing/rs doing multiple terrible updates/a RoT embargo and to come out of it just fine. We did some cool stuff back in our day in the prime of the clan world, sure, but we also didn't really have to worry about all of that stuff happening. It's impressive and I have huge amounts of respect for it.

40 minutes ago, Tika191 said:

Who were your favorite callers in DF?

Flin and Homedawg. Lots of callers had their great points, but props to those two in particular.

32 minutes ago, true said:

Bunty, did you eye any possible comebacks during OSRS?

Not really, no. Once I retired for the last time I kind of knew that would be it, I just always liked to linger around DF and check in on them.

2 hours ago, Striking McLightningrod said:

First and foremost, might not expect it from me but I respect the hell outa you guys. Homedawg used to be the rival :D.

@Both

1. How do you feel of what DF has become today?

2. Who was the best DF caller in 07/08?

3. Do you guys agree that CoR vs DF 07/08 rivalry was the best ever? why or why not.

4. If you could change anything about your time in df what would it be?

Yea, it was a good rival.

1. They're a product of their environment.

2. Probably Lil2.

3. Yes. It was really good, and a lot of fun. 

4. Probably level up sooner and not stay 110 forever. Might have been able to lead sooner.

1 hour ago, true said:

Biggest regret in DF? 

Allowing Chirinako to manage forums. 

1 hour ago, Pietru said:

What are your thoughts on DF now as compared to before?

I think DF now has a lot of great members. Rene, IMK, and my boy Jelle really made DF a lot of fun for me when I returned. Unfortunately a couple members, lead by their current leader, emanate a pernicious vibe within the clan. 

Bunty and I were actually approached because they were upset this thread has been created. Only people with bad intentions would want to stop a good time. 

iZ3BKNV.jpg

1 hour ago, Saxo said:

Not particularly. My view on life is that everything happens for a reason. 

Leading with true may have been interesting

Lol.

Lil2

Didn't like it. I thought it was really bad for the community. 

It kind of was expected, but the moment stayed surreal. DF were coming back for a bigger bite every time. 

A little before my time to about 09. 

1 hour ago, Tika191 said:

Who were your favorite callers in DF?

Lil2, Flinstoneman, PeterH, Murdock. These guys were reliable. I had pulled Lil2 out of retirement one time because I felt I 'needed him' to prevail. 

Edited by Homedawg
  • heart 1

DF October 23 2005

image.png.93fdeefd5b24df2ba1ebd59ec86c4179.png