IMK, AMA

IMK

18 hours ago, Adam_ said:

You mentioned being unsure Tempest would last or do well being both a startup and f2p focused. Seeing the success, do you think other clans would do well reopening or starting from the ground up? Any clans you think could reasonably reopen in 2021+?

If someone or a group of people with the right names were to start a clan, it could work, yes. But I think for that to happen they'd need to follow a similar recipe as Tempest. I believe that Tempest's biggest reason for its current status as a clan would be that nearly every single official has their own little "pool" of people to recruit (Brian & ex-DI, 2k8 & ex-DF/ex-CR, Tim & ex-Dfall, Vene & ex-TR/ex-VNG, etc etc).

What clan would you say DF has the best relationship with?

I don't think we really have a good relationship with any clan. We keep everyone at arm's length. But the two clans who cause the least headaches dealing with would probably be Wild Might & Revenant.

Who are some people you were happy to see leave or get kicked from DF?

Anyone Dutch

Edited by IMK
  • Haha 1

lApm4a9.png

All the name changes you did why is Free Lpfan the best rsn you ever had? 

Do you regret when EXO talked shit about the pain family and we started to snipe you that you guys ran to Dennis to get us to stop? 

why did you go crazy and disappeared  for a few years? I missed you. 

when are you gonna stop playing TFT with Nancy all the time and come play league with me again? 

Is boss Anthony the fake Anthony? 

can we just get rid of Bob Kelso already. 

how much longer do you think you will still be involved in rs? 

ps ilu always 

Pked Eh? 

51B6BEDB-7B38-41EA-ADC6-71C477D498BC.png

571B25AD-99CA-4FC8-8B75-4366A901627A.png

8 hours ago, IMK said:

DF vs RSD J Cup 2012. It was the first time I had ever called in a 100v100, let alone be tasked with calling first. It was a huge mental win for me that allowed me to grow as a Warlord and an official for DF in general.

Mid 2012 - Mid 2014 was probably my peak condition.

DK Derek of course.

Honestly, I'm sure every clan has had that one fight where they just had no business winning. That fight, like many should know by now, was the 7 hour Bearz fight. There's no reason why 55 DF should have ever won vs 94 Bearz, but somehow we did.

This fight against Bearz was one of the best we ever had, smashed and making them return in one item.

On topic: 

Reading back all your replies, it looks like the Dutchies are still carrying Divine Forces with our outrages quality.

Did you ever consider changing the clan name to Dutch Forces?

• Haha 1

Posted Image

18 hours ago, Brazz said:

Honest thoughts on Tempest?

I have some friends in the clan so I don't outright hate the clan as I do with most clans. But there's definitely some things left to be desired though. Like P2P multispells!!

18 hours ago, Brazz said:

How many birthdays do you think Tempest will celebrate?

Unsure. In my experience, I've seen just how fragile the path of a clan can be when one or two key people step away. So I think the amount of birthdays Tempest celebrates depends entirely on how many certain officials want to be there for.

17 hours ago, Adam_ said:

You mentioned I think the other night that having little cliques in clans more often than not ends very poorly. Has DF ever had these cliques and if so what was the worst you remember dealing with?

Of course. Every clan has cliques and can see what they can do if left unchecked (as you well know). DF has had cliques just as every clan has. However I think we've been pretty lucky throughout the years where nothing ever too dramatic came about because of them.

17 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Will you ever meet up with the real Frank Vargas?

d7n5279.jpg

• Like 1

lApm4a9.png

17 hours ago, Fire said:

Do you think Sheli actually fits with Divine Forces or should she be in a clan like Vr/Rot/Tempest/etc

Yes she fits in very well.

16 hours ago, B4uz said:

What do you think is the difference between RoTs “embargo” era with DF and today’s RoT that can’t pull 20 people to “crash” a war.

In 2017, clans still believed RoT's bullshit. And one might think that RoT not having as many enemies hitting them in the wilderness is what made them strong, but it isn't. It was their image. In 2017, RoT were seen as cunts, but they weren't seen as the outright creatures they're seen as today. And the biggest impact of that image was recruits. It was a totally normal thing back in 2017 for clanners to just leave their clan and join RoT without burning too many bridges (unless they were DF/VR or something). But today? Who joins RoT? Pures and remnants of rev cave protection CCs. This drastic change in recruitment pool is far more responsible for RoT's decline than any one thing, clan, or person imo.

16 hours ago, Shinobi said:

Well well well sir... Good to see you doing well. x

I'm not a serial killer

14 hours ago, Ssj said:

Generally thought's on dakota as a whole?

Never minded her as a person whatsoever. She was extremely nice, caring, and generous. But the whole thing with men half her age was weird and her decisions as leader were extremely questionable. I firmly believe she should have never been leader of Exodus, although I don't think the clan would have changed too much if she wasn't.

• Like 1

lApm4a9.png

Hey IMK. Don't really have any questions but just wanted to compliment how admirable your commitment to the clan has been and along with the Officials who are still leading it... Hope all is well and you guys continue finding success with whatever your aspirations will be. 

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

12 hours ago, John said:

-top 5 memorable moments in DF? (all time)

Not in any particular order:

- Return of the Kings arc in late 2011/early 2012

- EoC (keeping a clan in peak condition during something like that was a challenge in a half)

- Winning a 100v100 P2P full out tournament in 2017 despite still being very much an F2P clan

- Bearz fight

- 24 hour fight vs TT (granted I was there as a clan friend, but hey)

12 hours ago, John said:

-top 5 moments in the clan world all time if you can remember that far back

I don't think I'm really suitable to answer this one tbh.

13 hours ago, John said:

-how did you feel being led by a spastic? (DK Derek)

It was annoying a lot of the time, especially since I had so many ideas and plans to make DK into a real clan and he wanted no part in any of them (too difficult etc). But as I said in a previous post, he still played a major part in the clan world's growth so he was necessary in the scene.

13 hours ago, John said:

-IIRC it seemed that DDoSing wasnt very well known in the game at the time until DK came about teaming up with VR/RoT to crash and spy - do you think DK played a role in "pushing" the activity of DDoSing? just genuinely curious on your thoughts about the whole situation if you have any at all.

In the entire time I was in DK, I had never even heard of ddosing. I don't know if that's something DK got involved with later, but it was nonexistent in my era of DK. I don't think I heard about ddosing until the 2nd crashwar in 2010.

13 hours ago, John said:

-I fought alongside DK a time or two when i was "guest" calling for PH, do you feel as though DK couldve turned things around and gotten proper organization to actually compete? (No crashing, ddosing, etc.) that being said, i remember the few callers they had way back then were actually shit and just yelled at everything and called regroups every 15 minutes. you may or may not have already moved on, i think it was summer of 2009?

DK lowkey actually had a good amount of solid warrers who were dedicated and loyal (during my era anyway). The problem was the leadership. Derek was obsessed with numbers and activity and nothing else. DK could have easily became a proper clan had Derek gone with it. I don't know who was calling in the summer of 2009, that would have been some months after my departure. But our main lineup when I was there (not in order) was Derek, Me, But Kiker, Pikea33, and Valery. Not the best lineup in the world, but it definitely wasn't bad.

lApm4a9.png

11 hours ago, Cowmonkey said:

link your playlist? $$

I'll give you a song instead

5 hours ago, dnd5 said:

From the outside looking in df has always seemed to have a culture of arrogance/cockiness. Would you agree? If so, what do you think caused this?

Hmmm, I don't know if cockiness is something I would agree with. If anything, I feel that we have a tendency of looking down on other clans (not necessarily on a win-lose basis). I think that stems from the very history of the clan, from all the rivalries, crashwars, and all of the other colossal things the clan has dealt with and experienced.

5 hours ago, Ells said:

What are the main advantages & disadvantages that P2P DF has compared to F2P DF previously?

A big advantage is flexibility. As an F2P-focused clan, especially on OSRS, you've kind of been forced to rely on other clans to have fights. After all, if no one accepts your fights, you have none. Not unless you want to start a crashwar. But with P2P, there's PKing. There's always the possibility of finding a fight when PKing. I don't think F2P has had that in many, MANY years.

A disadvantage would be having to leave a lot of people behind. When a clan does nothing but F2P for 12-13 years, there's kind of an expectation to be had at the point. So we've definitely lost a lot of people over the past 2-3 years who were just unable to make the transition to P2P with us. As well as those who return to the game hoping to F2P with us again.

5 hours ago, Ells said:

What would it take for @Bob Kelso to leave the hunny guests behind and finally become a member?

I've been friends with Bob Kelso for over 12 years. If I've learned one thing about him, it's that once he has made his mind up on something, he won't ever budge on it. Never.

5 hours ago, Ells said:

Do you miss calling in f2p fights? Do you see yourself fighting in f2p again in a team?

I've never actually "liked" calling per se. I liked winning and if me calling was necessary to win, I did so. So I don't really miss it, but I'm not exactly glad or anything either. Pretty indifferent.

As for fighting in a f2p team, uhh probably not. While there does seem to be some teams going right now, I kind of prefer when teams were a bit more exclusive and organized (forums, application process, etc). I don't really like the idea of just having a Discord of 200 people and massing up 50-60 random people from every clan.

5 hours ago, Ells said:

Is the public disapproval of Dutch clanners and wanting to purge Dutch members from DF something new, and what is the cause of its origin? (especially considering some of the prominent dutchies in DF in the past).

It's mostly just a meme. DF currently has 1 Dutch member and he's a doofus so it's very easy to rile him up by flaming Dutch people all the time.

3 hours ago, Clark Kent said:

Favorite Non-Batman Superhero?

Green Lantern (John Stewart version)

• Like 1

lApm4a9.png

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Do you still have the @Bob Kelso recording of him saying garage and aluminum?

Believe it or not, I do. However, I've been dangerously threatened to not release it.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Do you think if Dakota never lied back in the day and just admitted to everyone she was like 40 it could've been a different story?

Uh tbh I never really cared about the lying about her age thing (weird, yeah, especially with the e-dating etc), but I never found that it came into play with how Exodus operated or anything. The clan had serious issues far beyond just something like that.

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What's the most angry/annoyed you've ever been at @true ? At Murray?

Man I can't remember who it was, but I was trying to get some clan to fight us on a certain day and they just wouldn't budge whatsoever. We were adamant about wanting to fight on that day, and when they wouldn't fight on that day, I accepted the fight on another day, and True wasn't happy about it at all. He got pretty mad and basically told me to do whatever I wanted and stormed out of the room (the digital room of an mIRC conversation). I didn't like that and got pretty salty for a bit (when I say a bit I mean for like an hour).

As for Murray, well, enough to do this topic.

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Do you think it is uphill or downhill for the clan world from here? Why?

I think it's pretty consistent atm. I don't see it really going up or down, just coasting a long.

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Is purging the dutch members of DF just the beginning of crumbling the EU unit and returning the EST unit to glory?

The Dutch thing is mostly a meme. But a good one.

3 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Who do you think will die more to DF in the next event you attend, the other clan or you?

As a man, I can be ignored, I can be destroyed. But as a symbol, I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting.

3 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Does anyone else in DF think this AMA and the drama surrounding it are as funny as you do?

Some, but not many.

3 hours ago, Adam_ said:

When you briefly got punished after posting it, did part of you think it was perhaps the end, or were you confident you'd get restored to a rank after speaking with Ross?

I was never punished. It was a publicity stunt.

3 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Who are 5 ex-DF that if they were to intend to come back you'd never take them back?

Can't think of anyone off the top of my head, but anyone who has ever spied pretty much.

lApm4a9.png

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

All the name changes you did why is Free Lpfan the best rsn you ever had?

Because it's responsible for the destruction of the entire DF blacklist.

Do you regret when EXO talked shit about the pain family and we started to snipe you that you guys ran to Dennis to get us to stop?

I wasn't even in Exo during this you fool

why did you go crazy and disappeared  for a few years? I missed you.

I had a mission.

when are you gonna stop playing TFT with Nancy all the time and come play league with me again?

I already got bullied out of TFT

Is boss Anthony the fake Anthony?

Yes he is

can we just get rid of Bob Kelso already.

Who else are you going to ask for RS help?

how much longer do you think you will still be involved in rs? 

Until the day where I just simply don't have enough free time to enjoy it. Or if clan world died before that.

1 hour ago, Harmr said:

Reading back all your replies, it looks like the Dutchies are still carrying Divine Forces with our outrages quality.

Did you ever consider changing the clan name to Dutch Forces?

Do you really want to give Pownix of all people that kind of credit?

lApm4a9.png

Who are some promotions in DF over the years that you really knew were going to be a trainwreck or disagreed with? Were you ever pleasantly surprised?

What clan in your opinion is at the absolute bottom of the clan world quality wise currently?

You mentioned towards the end you personally liked Jaja and you guys would arrange fights with them. Were you at all surprised when they closed and basically their entire memberlist minus a few people went to AF? Were you expecting any to come to DF?

You've mentioned both on this thread and in voice that you really enjoy rsb. However, there isn't very many clans that i've seen who currently partake. What steps would you recommend other clans take if they want to get involved, anything in particular you would think would be helpful advice? Also, do you think bis gear essentially being a requirement would serve as a deterrent? 

What if any changes would you want to see made to the wilderness, clan wars, and for the PvP scene in general? You have a lot of experience in different forms of warring and overall just years of experience, but I don't know if i've ever seen you comment on the subject of what updates/changes are needed which seems odd, as a lot of the other people who have been around as long generally have something they'd like to see changed.

If all your crimes were pinned on you how long would you go away for? Would you get the death penalty?

What is one thing you'd like to see Ross work on as leader of DF? What is one thing you think True should work on as leader of Tempest?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

Who in Tempest needs their ass kicked?

Who (besides sheli~) in DF needs their ass kicked?

Who in Retired Forces needs their ass kicked?

Who in Banana Boat Crew needs their ass kicked?

Who in VR needs their ass kicked?

Who in AF needs their ass kicked?

Who in Rev needs their ass kicked?

Who in ROT needs their ass kicked?

• Haha 1

aUBwTQ1.png

During the duration of this AMA how long do you think you can be caught up to date until Adam_ unleashes another set of questions?

Can you elaborate more on the Quincy and Rust situation and your take on it? What do you believe psychologically motivated Quincy to act the way he did?

During 2016 OSRS when DI switched sides and it became DI/Rot vs. DF/VR in the F2P clusters, the picture that was painted that DF was always ending first (being the weaker link in what remaining of the "alliance"). Do you agree with the assessment or was there more happening behind the scenes?

What was your reaction when you first learned VR truced with RoT in 2017, and then somewhere along the line set the "battle for #8" against Forsaken, which was ultimately crashed?

Would you like to see multi-Rev caves or something similar return to the game, or were you glad they were made single way combat?

• Haha 1
  • hash 1

ow9pwJg.png

XrAGsn0.pngkizEeaT.png

sow0bTf.png

7 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

Who are some promotions in DF over the years that you really knew were going to be a trainwreck or disagreed with? Were you ever pleasantly surprised?

Well, promotions do not happen in DF very often. At least not on OSRS. So when we do promote someone, it's after a lengthy process and discussion. So I've never disagreed on any of our promotions while I've been an official.

9 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

What clan in your opinion is at the absolute bottom of the clan world quality wise currently?

Probably SV or VR.

10 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

You mentioned towards the end you personally liked Jaja and you guys would arrange fights with them. Were you at all surprised when they closed and basically their entire memberlist minus a few people went to AF? Were you expecting any to come to DF?

Well, I had knowledge of their closure before it happened and was told ahead of time that they had plans to join somewhere together. I didn't know it'd end up being AF, but it's not like there were many clans for them to choose from.

12 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

You've mentioned both on this thread and in voice that you really enjoy rsb. However, there isn't very many clans that i've seen who currently partake. What steps would you recommend other clans take if they want to get involved, anything in particular you would think would be helpful advice? Also, do you think bis gear essentially being a requirement would serve as a deterrent?

I mean... Any P2P clan that does multispells shouldn't have a problem doing RSB. It's literally the same thing, just better gear. More offense, more defense. There's definitely a lot of tactics involved in the smaller opts fights like 5v5s/10v10s, but in higher opts I see no reason that it requires clans to need "advice". That said, yes, the gear required is definitely a deterrent. However, "restricted" RSB has been the common form of RSB for some time now, which is DRASTICALLY cheaper than full max gear. Restricted gear is about 150m or so. Full max gear is a bit out of hand with Ely being over 1b now.

17 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

What if any changes would you want to see made to the wilderness, clan wars, and for the PvP scene in general? You have a lot of experience in different forms of warring and overall just years of experience, but I don't know if i've ever seen you comment on the subject of what updates/changes are needed which seems odd, as a lot of the other people who have been around as long generally have something they'd like to see changed.

- ragger jail: if you die in the wilderness and don't at least 100k in loot from your death, you get placed in a room and can't leave said room for 10 minutes or something. this would help pkers and even content creators too probably

- roaming wilderness boss (in multi). force clans to chase it down and fight over it.

- make protect from mage work properly again (half binds/freezes etc).

- do something about the price of crystal weapon seeds

- introduce an island north of the wilderness volcano or somewhere north of the map near MB etc, where it's entirely multi, filled with resources, and no level restriction on attacking other players. could lock it behind some sort of quest you have to do in/near the wilderness.

- hopefully introduce a way to track kdr with the new clan system so it doesn't have to be done via jap clients

i've probably got more ideas, these are just top of my head atm.

30 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

If all your crimes were pinned on you how long would you go away for? Would you get the death penalty?

I'm pretty sure I'd be kept alive somewhere in a black site, after being sentenced in a secret court.

• Like 1

lApm4a9.png