IMK, AMA

IMK

5 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Are you more in favor of accepting shared members or something more like what Tempest does where they don't allow them from basically anywhere but pure clans?

Don't care too much as long as said person is prioritizing the clan and not the team (and not just events).

5 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Can we hear some stories about Sharkbrew and stuff you've had to deal with there?

I'd say the funniest thing that happened in Sharkbrew is when Mattbrazil messaged Slushpuppy (lead admin/dev) to remove both me and @Paul from our ranks (funny part is we were both retired at the time too) or RoT would destroy Sharkbrew by crashing all of the clans who used it and even starting up their own community site to compete. Mattbrazil basically got told to fuck off and they never did anything that he threatened to do lmao

6 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What are some of your favorite memories from the DF/DI rivalry?

Honestly, I can't even think of any. Chasing DI out of P2P in crystal bows one time and smiting WuMeme for his DFS was a funny one. Uhhh, probably the DI DD @ RDG in the video I posted earlier to a response to The End. All of the big CWA fights we had before they stopped fighting us. Watching them bend the knee to RoT not once but twice. Hmmm, can't think of anymore right now.

6 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What are some of the most NH things that have been done by DF in the time you've been there, since obviously DF are pretty tame compared to most clans?

Probably not what you're looking for, but the most NH thing we've done is probably 1 iteming back in 2014/2015 or so when we didn't know shit about P2P. It was the only way we could affect RoT & DI in P2P. I think we did it pretty well though considering xligit (rot brett) ended up making a topic in Zybez's United Nations subforum asking Mod Ronan (who was in there at the time) to do something about the "1 iteming epidemic" (we were the only clan 1 iteming at the time).

kWr4Gtv.png

6 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What's your favorite content on OSRS apart from PvP?

Making random PvP build accounts (minus the questing aspect, that always sucks). But AFKing combat stats is always fun (and easy).

6 hours ago, Adam_ said:

When you came back from your break on RS, what made you want to work your way back up to a rank instead of just sitting back in a member or retired role or something of the sort?

When I came back, it was around the time True was pretty mentally checked out and Sem was retiring soon as well. I was sort of needed to return so I couldn't just say nah.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lApm4a9.png

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

If the crash war ended today how long do you think it would be before a new one started, who do you think would start it, how, and what clans do you think would side with one another? (With RoT presumably not being responsible for this one)

This crashwar will never end until RoT is gone. That said, if a new one were to start, I imagine a clan with no brains like AF or VR would be involved in starting it. As for sides, I have no clue.

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Do you think there'll ever be a point where people quit the out of game shit over a 20+ year old video game?

Nah, I don't think there will be. It's too strong of a weapon. Doxing never had this much of an effect back in the day because we were all kids. Worst thing that could happen to you is someone finding a goofy pic of you or someone getting exposed for being fat or something. But now that everyone is an adult, there are families, employers, etc to worry about. Too many creatures on this game who will use that against people just because they don't like them. Legit dorks.

1 hour ago, Brazz said:

Which clan do you believe has had the highest peak on osrs?

Probably Fools.

1 hour ago, Brazz said:

Favourite meal?

Brisket and some baked mac & cheese. Some good southern eating

1 hour ago, Brazz said:

Favourite beer?

I do not partake in beverages of the alcoholic variety.

1 hour ago, Brazz said:

Favourite character in The Last Kingdom? (good show)

Season 3 Alfred.

1 hour ago, true said:

What does VR do better than DF right now?

They're very good at having no shame. They openly give no fucks about their awful member quality, heavy use of unethical PvP clients/plugins (even PAYING for some of them...), recruiting literally anyone who shows up on their doorstep, etc. If other clans did the same, the clan world would be a legitimate circus.

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Where do you see OSRS as a game in 5 years?

Content wise, not too different. Raids 3 will probably have been out for awhile. Maybe a couple new grandmaster quests. PvP will probably not be in the best of shape (unless some big update came along to keep people around). I imagine the online user #s will prob have dropped by 20-30k or so, or more.

• Like 1

lApm4a9.png

What would you consider the golden era of clanning/PvP?

What's your favorite PvP account you own excluding your main? though i'm not sure that'd be your answer regardless

Top 5 favorite movies/shows?

Do you think there's ever a chance of DF and Tempest being on better terms/friendly with one another? 

Best (most amusing) response you've gotten as a result of doing this AMA so far?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

8 hours ago, true said:

What kind of member is Merked nowadays? Does he ever call?

He's a good member. Decent activity, both in-game and community presence. But no, his days of calling are very much past him (I'm sure we can relate).

Also, get rid of that pfp dude.

8 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What would you consider the golden era of clanning/PvP?

2004-2007. Even though I never joined a clan back then, I kept up to date with a lot of it and the amount of clan back then and the amount of people in them should speak volumes on that fact alone. It's always crazy to think how RS and PvP/Clans in general would have turned out had the wilderness not been removed.

8 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What's your favorite PvP account you own excluding your main? though i'm not sure that'd be your answer regardless

My level 20 something scout/looter killer. I hate looters with the utmost passion and I enjoy killing them wherever possible.

8 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Top 5 favorite movies/shows?

Movies:

- Interstellar

- Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

- Batman Begins

- Gladiator

TV Shows:

- Game of Thrones

- Lost

- The Last Kingdom

- It's Always Sunny

- Parks & Rec

8 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Do you think there's ever a chance of DF and Tempest being on better terms/friendly with one another?

Not at all.

8 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Best (most amusing) response you've gotten as a result of doing this AMA so far?

Probably the fact that I've not only gotten a VR tweet about it, but a topic on their forums as well. They can't get enough of me.

8 hours ago, Brazz said:

Dogs or cats?

Cats, but I do like dogs very much as well. Just not as much.

1 hour ago, Dalejamesw said:

What are your thoughts on Retired Forces?

Filled with solid people. It's a shame that a very small amount of them choose to spread their irrational hate for DF for no reason other than spite that DF never treated them like "legends" or something. And when I say small amount, I mean like 4 of them. Never had a problem with any others that I can recall.

• Like 1
  • sus 1

lApm4a9.png

40fad983734abbafeb385b96737309d4.png

If we had offered Rob (current DF Captain) a calling position at the start of Tempest, do you think he would have taken it? Do you think he has the skillset to keep compete with Tim, David etc.? What's your thoughts on him reaching out looking for a rank whilst a member of DF?

• Haha 3
  • sus 1

aUBwTQ1.png

Does DF have any intention in the future to make a larger recruiting push? Is there a scenario in which that might happen?

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

1 hour ago, Sonicist said:

When will we get more episodes of your antics with the birds?

People have become too observant ever since the COVID lockdowns. It's hard to pull my usual antics in public places now. I'll have to find somewhere more secluded.

11 minutes ago, true said:

40fad983734abbafeb385b96737309d4.png

If we had offered Rob (current DF Captain) a calling position at the start of Tempest, do you think he would have taken it? Do you think he has the skillset to keep compete with Tim, David etc.? What's your thoughts on him reaching out looking for a rank whilst a member of DF?

I'm sure he would have paired up nicely.

9 minutes ago, Howl said:

Does DF have any intention in the future to make a larger recruiting push? Is there a scenario in which that might happen?

Not really. We're a very specific clan which requires very specific kind of people.

lApm4a9.png