IMK, AMA

IMK

11 hours ago, Nick said:

Aside from some shit talking back and forth, can you go into detail on how the most recent beef between df and vr started?

Df was holding VR up on crutches for ages. We were always helping them with something. Giving them small fights while they were slumping, giving them certain intel on stuff, helping them with some of their clan decisions (like what their reqs should be lol..). Hence why they were interested in merging with us in early 2020. Legit on deaths door. And the SECOND that VR gained some traction and pulled a bit better, their mouths began to run. It got amplified by the PvM comp beef (why VR needed to cheat in a friendly PvM comp is beyond me). After that, there were a lot of instances of both clans fucking with each other and it just continued to escalate.

10 hours ago, Nick said:

Were there any clans or officials that were a headache to set up fights with or communicate to during fights?

VR by far. Coordinating anything with VR back in 2015/2016 was the most hectic shit I've ever dealt with. Every two weeks DF officials would be working with a new set of ranks from VR (the others randomly retiring, being replaced, getting kicked, or w/e). It got to the point where the most reliable official to correspond with from VR was fucking Abkb...

10 hours ago, The End said:

What do you believe will be the long-term ramifications of doing this AMA?

Hopefully some good memes.

• Haha 1

lApm4a9.png

On 4/16/2021 at 9:35 PM, Justyn said:

What are you thoughts on your current rivalry vs VR?

Can't have a rivalry with a clan when they refuse to come into our timezone. Ironically they all of a sudden became an EST clan the moment we began to beef.

On 4/16/2021 at 9:35 PM, Justyn said:

Would you consider this even a rivalry or just VR trying to gain some sort of hype for their members?

They're just braindead and bite off more than they can chew. This has always been the bane of VR. Just like when VR got into the crashwar initially and then all of their officials abandoned the clan.

On 4/16/2021 at 9:42 PM, Adam_ said:

coming off your break from rs, what were your thoughts returning to DF and seeing true gone and hearing what he allegedly did to get removed?

True left DF about 8 months after I returned to RS.

who are some people who were kicked from DF that you didn't really agree with ?

I've never disagreed with anyone who has been kicked from DF.

who are some people you were happy to see leave or get removed from DF ?

Basically anyone Dutch.

On 4/16/2021 at 9:47 PM, true said:

Who is better: Rev or AF?

Rev.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ned 1

lApm4a9.png

12 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Who has the best laugh you've heard in tempest and why is it @Gochance1 

It's actually @Nancy

Is it true a certain individual from genesis left DF because he was getting DDoSed just to join the people doing it ? Was there more to the story?

This is true. JcJack was heavily ddosed by Bloodarrow42 while in Genesis and in DF. After leaving DF to make Bearz (and then having that clan killed by DF), he joined RoT where Bloodarrow was a member. Classic stockholm syndrome.

Is there actual beef between AF/DF or is it banter, and what is the reasoning behind it if it's there? Does it have anything to do with VR shareds?

There is actual beef. AF opened and instantly tried to beef with us (thought we'd be an easy target?) by trying to hunt us and hit our PKs, even attempting to put spies into our clan. But they just got shit on at every turn. Continuously have tried to poach our members, even to the point of recruiting a fucking RoT spy into the clan in the process (good job Kyle lol). They also harbored Paisa Man, who scammed a DF member for 200M and had the audacity to ask us to stop camping him. Then recently started crashing us during our beef with VR so we don't kill one of their junior clans. Literal dogs

• Like 1

lApm4a9.png

11 hours ago, Tika191 said:

Do you think @sheli~ will ever get her infernal cape?

Yeah but she's going to get real mad by the time she does.

11 hours ago, Tika191 said:

If the Jcup was tomorrow, who do you think would win the following p2p categories (no gear caps), assuming there was no out of game interference:

-5v5

-10v10

-20v20

-30v30

-50v50

5v5 - some jap single clan or something like Weedblazers or Frontline maybe

10v10 - Adrenaline if they entered

20v20 - DF or Rev

30v30 - DF or Rev

50v50 - Rev

11 hours ago, true said:

What are some incredibly nooby moments you had early in DK?

I was EXTREMELY poor on RS back then. It got to the point that before school every morning, I'd wake up and do an hour of green dragons or some other money maker so I had enough rune sets for the PK when I got home.

11 hours ago, true said:

What do you remember about Team Nigeria?

Honestly, the ONLY thing I remember about that team was we were out on a PK one night and Tlal called up Sarge Alex18 on the phone and echoed it onto TS (or maybe Vent? idr) and told him to mass up or some shit. Was beyond hilarious.

lApm4a9.png

9 hours ago, Bunty said:

What do you feel is DF's biggest strength? And where do you think DF needs improvement?

DF's never ending ability to adapt to all situations is unparalleled in my opinion. The only improvement DF needs is finishing our purge of all Dutch members.

9 hours ago, Bunty said:

- DF is approaching its Sweet 16th birthday. Can you give me 3-5 longstanding characteristics of the clan that has pushed it to keep going for this long?

- adaptability (as said above)

- experience (not many clans have the amount of combined years of experience that DF's officials have)

- the hunt (nothing sparks fire in the hearts of df members than an exciting rivalry, which we always seem to land ourselves into)

- tenacity (i've personally seen df deal with just about every shitty situation this game can produce and nothing has ever done too much damage to be a detriment to df's longevity)

10 hours ago, Bunty said:

- Is there anyone in current DF, can be a member or official, who you feel is underrated and deserves a shoutout?

As of right now, probably Jelle. Over the past year or so, I don't think there's been anyone who has gone to the levels he's gone to to get certain shit done in the clan. Even without any knowledge on certain things, he'd spend hours and hours learning about things and doing it all by hand.

- Over the last decade what would you say was DF's highest point and lowest point?

High: our "Return of the Kings" chapter in late 2011/early 2012.

Low: Technically EoC. Although that was the case for every clan tbh. Granted we handled ourselves far better through that era than any other clan in my opinion.

- I saw you talk about Rene in a previous post. If I were leading DF and approached you asking for your input on Rene as my potential replacement as leader, would you suggest him? Where do you think Rene ranks all time as an official in DF? Curious because I have gotten similar vibes from him.

Rene is the kind of official every leader dreams of having underneath them. He's just super reliable and hardworking. However, he's also a pretty kindhearted guy and I don't believe that he would do well as the sole leader of a clan, especially one like DF with so much history to be responsible for. However, I think he would thrive as someone's co-leader where someone with a bit more aggression in them could help balance out the position of power.

- How do you feel you have done as an official in DF? Are you more proud of what you have accomplished, or more self-critical?

I'm pretty proud of the majority of my time as an official in DF. Especially helping transform DF during the "restoration" era in mid to late 2012 when a lot of old DF started to abandon the clan (and RS as a whole) to either just quit RS and move on or play other games. But I've definitely made a lot of mistakes over the years, such as going MIA a couple times and not staying in contact with officials. But overall I feel that I have been a positive addition to DF's longevity.

• Like 1

lApm4a9.png

10 hours ago, Adam_ said:

If Murray were to step down who do you feel the most suitable replacement for leader would be?

I can't fathom a day when that would ever happen.

If DF had accepted the VR merge how do you think it would have gone? Are there any people from VR you wish had actually come over to DF?

We would have never accepted it. But even in some weird reality where it did happen, I think it would have failed very early on. Bureaucracy moves very slowly in DF (such as rank progression) which would have caused some issues for people from VR, as they're used to the complete opposite.

What would you change in DF if you were leader?

I'd delete time-based ranks.

Who are some people whether from DF or other clans that you've lost contact with who you wish you could find?

Tbh, I can't think of anyone. Everyone I've considered a good friend from over the years I'm either still in contact with or at least know how to get in contact with them.

How do you keep the FBI off your tail?

Hide in plain sight

What do you feel would be different in modern day DF had true not departed? Even if he'd stepped down as leader and taken another official role or perhaps went veteran/oldschool/w/e

We'd probably have a handful more members, but I don't think much would have changed. Modern day DF is a product of the clan world, not anyone in or out of DF.

10 hours ago, true said:

Feel free to pass or dance around it a bit, but do you think I should have given Rene Leader when I left? Without divulging too much on your AMA about it, it was definitely a consideration I had, but for a number of reasons (including him not even wanting HC) it would have been a bit of a dick move due to everything/everyone else around him.

I pretty much answered this in my reply to Bunty above.

10 hours ago, true said:

What's the most memorable troll/joke between the two of us

It honestly hurts my brain trying to decide. There's simply too many to decide from. A top contender that popped into my head immediately would definitely be "a young Chris Farley".

• Like 1
  • sus 1

lApm4a9.png

10 hours ago, Gochance1 said:

Out of all fights you have called in which one was your favorite and why?

DF vs RSD J Cup 2012. It was the first time I had ever called in a 100v100, let alone be tasked with calling first. It was a huge mental win for me that allowed me to grow as a Warlord and an official for DF in general.

What year would you say you were in your prime for calling?

Mid 2012 - Mid 2014 was probably my peak condition.

Who was the first caller you have ever heard?

DK Derek of course.

What is your memorable clanning moment and why?

Honestly, I'm sure every clan has had that one fight where they just had no business winning. That fight, like many should know by now, was the 7 hour Bearz fight. There's no reason why 55 DF should have ever won vs 94 Bearz, but somehow we did.

lApm4a9.png

2 hours ago, IMK said:
12 hours ago, Gochance1 said:

What is your memorable clanning moment and why?

Honestly, I'm sure every clan has had that one fight where they just had no business winning. That fight, like many should know by now, was the 7 hour Bearz fight. There's no reason why 55 DF should have ever won vs 94 Bearz, but somehow we did.

The best picture I have ever taken. They went from talking all that shit and being hyped to this in a matter of hours.

srzj7pq.png

• Like 1

This is one of the best amas we've had by the way, enjoyed reading literally all of your answers, thanks IMK. As one of the few big figures in the clanning community that I never really got to speak to, this was good. Initially I was just gonna grief your topic but you're actually a good guy.

Edited by Lavigne
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

From the outside looking in df has always seemed to have a culture of arrogance/cockiness. Would you agree? If so, what do you think caused this?

X7hVOuI.png

zd4U5d4.gif

L7S1gha.png

Good to see you IMK! Interesting read so far and nice to see you take on the AMA despite possible controversy.

You mentioned being able to be flexible IRL and adapt to DF turning GMT-based. Sounds interesting, what do you do for work IRL?

What are the main advantages & disadvantages that P2P DF has compared to F2P DF previously?

What would it take for @Bob Kelso to leave the hunny guests behind and finally become a member?

Do you miss calling in f2p fights? Do you see yourself fighting in f2p again in a team?

Is the public disapproval of Dutch clanners and wanting to purge Dutch members from DF something new, and what is the cause of its origin? (especially considering some of the prominent dutchies in DF in the past).

spacer.png

Do you still have the @Bob Kelso recording of him saying garage and aluminum?

Do you think if Dakota never lied back in the day and just admitted to everyone she was like 40 it could've been a different story?

CASEY_PSD.pngBEST PVM.pngLUCK.pngEgt3L2U.png

AdkNBbg.png

What's the most angry/annoyed you've ever been at @true ? At Murray?

Do you think it is uphill or downhill for the clan world from here? Why?

Is purging the dutch members of DF just the beginning of crumbling the EU unit and returning the EST unit to glory?

You said the main thing that changed and made you want to do an AMA was you "had a point to make". What's the point in a few words?

Who do you think will die more to DF in the next event you attend, the other clan or you?

Does anyone else in DF think this AMA and the drama surrounding it are as funny as you do?

When you briefly got punished after posting it, did part of you think it was perhaps the end, or were you confident you'd get restored to a rank after speaking with Ross?

Who are 5 ex-DF that if they were to intend to come back you'd never take them back?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png