IMK, AMA

IMK

14 hours ago, The End said:

I believe you were very critical of Renegades while it was around, even authoring a topic Renegades 2018-2018 when it closed. When you heard rumblings of Tempest first opening up did you believe it would have a similar fate to that of Renegades? 

Both yes and no. Yes because I couldn't really fathom a new clan having much longevity, especially one who had intentions to prioritize F2P. But I figured if True was really going to stick his name and reputation on the clan, I didn't think he'd let it burn out in any sort of way that would be too embarrassing. So the likelihood of it being Renegades v2 was sort of slim.

14 hours ago, J2swift said:

whats the most disrespectful thing youve done on rs? and be honest..

When Exodus closed in 2011, we requested Dakota (Leader of Exodus) to give us (the remnants of the Exo community) control of TeamSpeak and Forums so that she didn't have to keep paying for them. She declined and said she didn't mind paying for them and that she'd keep them up. We believed her and went on with our business. About a month later, both TS and Forums were shut down and people became enraged. A lot of very disrespectful and NH things were done in retaliation and while not directly responsible for any of it personally, being there to see some of it happen was enough to leave a bad taste in my mouth, even 10 years later.

• heart 1

lApm4a9.png

What are your thoughts on all the involvement of the pure and main communities with one another nowadays? 

When AF reopened a few members jumped ship (I think they were all ex AF?), what were the initial reactions to this and did you guys actually care or not really?

What would you want to be your legacy in the community? 

Are there any notable stories of people spying for/leakning to DF other than Jim?

If clients were to disappear tomorrow do you think DF would have an incentive to try F2p again, or do you think you still wouldn't bother due to having a more p2p interested member base and not caring for the meta?

What are your thoughts on Jaja as they were throughout OSRS and as they ended? What about CT?

I heard Murray had been in talks with Christy before CT closed, not sure if he wanted to absorb their clan or just wanted to be in some sort of close alliance to help them out/set up fights to give them action/whatever. Is this true, and if so, can you elaborate on what the talks were about and why nothing ever came of them?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

14 hours ago, Dickus said:

Thoughts on Whitey #s and his decision to try and keep Rejuvenation alive?

I liked him and hung out with him and the Tubman unit as a whole quite a bit back then. However, I didn't think he had what it took to lead RJ and keep what we had going strong (there was a lot of parts to the machine that made RJ function, and losing half of our core officials would have been impossible to replicate in taking over the clan). I had just left a clan that went spiraling downwards, and I really wasn't in the headspace to do it with RJ. A lot of people agreed with this sentiment as droves of people left around the same time as I did (although I'd say a good half of them or more simply left because Duvasio did).

14 hours ago, Dickus said:

If the meta in F2P continues to move away from the tight box fights that decimated the scene, do you think DF would ever go back? Or is F2P not a consideration regardless of meta?

I think it would definitely start a conversation, but I don't think it'd be enough by itself to change everyone's opinion.

13 hours ago, Pengy said:

If RS abruptly shut down tomorrow, what would you do instead?

Play other games instead, as I already do. Shit like GTA, Rust, LoL, etc. Maybe even look into a new MMO entirely, although that'd be a bit of a stretch.

If you could choose a skill that you would instantaneously become an expert at, what would would you choose?

Programming/coding.

What is one thing that you have recently accomplished that you feel particularly proud of?

I've caused more chaos with this topic than True did when leaving DF. Too easy

lApm4a9.png

Who has the best laugh you've heard in tempest and why is it @Gochance1 ?

Is it true a certain individual from genesis left DF because he was getting DDoSed just to join the people doing it ? Was there more to the story?

Is there actual beef between AF/DF or is it banter, and what is the reasoning behind it if it's there? Does it have anything to do with VR shareds?

12 hours ago, Howl said:

If you were building a clan from scratch, what would your name/logo/color scheme look like? Who would you want as ranks? Are there rank-and-file member-type people you would try to recruit?

I'd never want to lead my own clan. At least not alone. I don't think a clan could handle an IMK with unquestioned authority where all of my insane ideas are put into place. But for conversation sake and such a reality did come to be...

The first thing I would do is open google & youtube. I'd then start googling and youtube searching random RS clan keywords with generic & corny clan names to see if they've ever been used before (too many people do NOT do this... especially pure clans). I'd probably arrive at something goofy like "Malice" (which was probably also a real clan name at some point, so I'd have to look for something else). As for color scheme, I would probably go with something purple or gold (or both). Too many red & blue clans, and green clans are always destined to die.

As for ranks, I'm not really going to name anyone. I always find these sort of things a bit awkward. So I'm just going to name the kind of people I'd like. Give me 2 solid callers who specialize in calling, and officiating as a secondary. Give me one solid official who shines in a leadership role but also happens to be a solid caller as an added benefit. Give me a female to keep the simps interested. Give me an insane worker-type who just loves doing all of the paperwork. And last but definitely not least, give me someone who knows how to code/program.

12 hours ago, Howl said:

Which clan do you wish you had joined that you never did?

I considered joining Shadow Elves in 2009 instead of Exodus. But I don't think there's a clan I "wish" I joined.

12 hours ago, Howl said:

What’s something you would tell someone joining a clan for the first time (in 2021)?

Quit your job, divorce your wife, abandon your kids, grab a toxic staff of the dead and meet me at GDZ.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

lApm4a9.png

Do you think @sheli~ will ever get her infernal cape? 

If the Jcup was tomorrow, who do you think would win the following p2p categories (no gear caps), assuming there was no out of game interference:

-5v5

-10v10

-20v20

-30v30

-50v50

e: Thanks for all the replies so far, it's been an entertaining read. Made me realize how little I knew about RJ besides the fact that it died lol

Edited by Tika191

am9lyUI.jpg

jR2KODn.png

image.png

mYDO4EM.png

image.png.73b47520764ae9a63c2df2f3bba2b0fb.png

Actually, I'm curious so I'll ask some questions. If I missed these being asked earlier please ignore my dumbassery and tell me to look at previous posts.

- What do you feel is DF's biggest strength? And where do you think DF needs improvement?

- DF is approaching its Sweet 16th birthday. Can you give me 3-5 longstanding characteristics of the clan that has pushed it to keep going for this long?

- Is there anyone in current DF, can be a member or official, who you feel is underrated and deserves a shoutout?

- Over the last decade what would you say was DF's highest point and lowest point?

- I saw you talk about Rene in a previous post. If I were leading DF and approached you asking for your input on Rene as my potential replacement as leader, would you suggest him? Where do you think Rene ranks all time as an official in DF? Curious because I have gotten similar vibes from him.

- How do you feel you have done as an official in DF? Are you more proud of what you have accomplished, or more self-critical?

• Like 1

If Murray were to step down who do you feel the most suitable replacement for leader would be?

If DF had accepted the VR merge how do you think it would have gone? Are there any people from VR you wish had actually come over to DF?

What would you change in DF if you were leader?

Who are some people whether from DF or other clans that you've lost contact with who you wish you could find?

How do you keep the FBI off your tail? 

What do you feel would be different in modern day DF had true not departed? Even if he'd stepped down as leader and taken another official role or perhaps went veteran/oldschool/w/e

Edited by Adam_

15 hours ago, IMK said:

You should have put Rene on the throne next to you

Feel free to pass or dance around it a bit, but do you think I should have given Rene Leader when I left? Without divulging too much on your AMA about it, it was definitely a consideration I had, but for a number of reasons (including him not even wanting HC) it would have been a bit of a dick move due to everything/everyone else around him.

aUBwTQ1.png

Out of all fights you have called in which one was your favorite and why?

What year would you say you were in your prime for calling?

Who was the first caller you have ever heard?

What is your memorable clanning moment and why?

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png