Rccrazy165/J2swift - AMA

J2swift

Why do you think RSD picked up on dungoneering more than all of the other major top clans? By the time EOC rolled around Sol and RSD were levels above the rest in terms of dg average, and it definitely showed in fights

• Like 1

am9lyUI.jpg

jR2KODn.png

image.png

mYDO4EM.png

image.png.73b47520764ae9a63c2df2f3bba2b0fb.png

6 hours ago, S3lvah said:

A couple more 'selfish' questions, since they seem to be acceptable:

1. Any thoughts/memories of Fools/RSD members (Tonberry, and I think at least 1 other person)?

2. Any memories of fights with Fools, CU or other country clans/teams? The battle on the day before EoC's release comes to my mind, at least.

3. Given the focus on this thread on EST clans, did you regard GMT clans as part of the scene, or more like a junior league or a detached scene like RSB?

1) We had a couple fools members, but I dont exactly remember their names. They were always some of the best members

2) I always enjoyed fighting fools and cu more than other country clans and teams. they were the benchmark for performance in both F2P and P2P. Beating them, even if it was only 1 time out of 5 tries, was like defeating final boss haha. I dont have any specific members against them, but I do remember having to convince the entire leadership team to fight them even though we were probably going to lose lol

3) Gmt was always a much difference presence at that time. everyone knew it exsisted, but never really clashed with est/pst timezones. RSD was lucky enough to have such a wide range of members we could flex back and forth to widen the opponent pool. We also knew if any of the gmt fights went long we would end up winning either way cause we always had a strong ~40 man pst unit 

6 hours ago, Encore said:

Describe your experience at Barbarian assault with me and the group.

It was awful. The problem literally was not that you afk'd and made it take 10 times longer than it should've. problem was you didnt fucking say anything until we were done and couldve just put you on leech role

38 minutes ago, Howl said:

What clan updates would you want to see from Jagex?

Every clan update to date has been corny and not worth while so far. I think the best focus would be working on the multi-pvp zones and allowing the invite of higher risk vs reward areas. this indirectly will would invite more people into the wilderness and help create action. The pvp-worlds are a good idea, there are just too many worlds overall I'd say. before when there was 76king kind of stuff, the brawling glove rewards, we would have events in RSD where people would group up and use their gloves and pwn nerds at the same time. it gave people a reason to go into the wilderness

20 minutes ago, Tika191 said:

Why do you think RSD picked up on dungoneering more than all of the other major top clans? By the time EOC rolled around Sol and RSD were levels above the rest in terms of dg average, and it definitely showed in fights

We were all maxed skilling nerds, so there was nothing better to do than dungoneering. In 2009, the first skilling cup, there were mandatory Stealing Creations events in preparation for the event, so the fact there was so much focus on the new skill was not that surprising. At the same time, the jap-trio did all the calculations about how much more dps dungoneering was vs regular weapons and helped encourage it. People would bring 2x dg weapons to pvp because they had so much of a stack to just rebuy constantly. I personally would bring rapier and a staff lol. I made ~ 2bil off doing leech runs from members and clan friends. it was good times

Edited by J2swift
  • Like 3

PSkn5nd.gif

Do you think dung would fit well in osrs even if it had different rewards?

Thoughts on summoning? 

Do you think its uphill, downhill or more or less the same for the clan world from here on out ?

Do you prefer wilderness or cwa?

What are some things you'd want ingame from pre eoc?

What plugins from runelite would you want to see in the official client?

If you watched or saw anything about the summer announcements this past weekend what interested you the most ?

• Like 1

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

Hey James, thanks for doing the AMA!

1. Favorite runescape achievement?

2. What do you think was your best calling performance? And why? Anytime throughout runescape.

3. Pre-EOC who was the best caller you heard at the time? 2009-2011?

4. Craziest thing you've ever done? irl and runescape

5. Least favorite runescape fight and why?

6. Favorite runescape fight and why?

• Like 1

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

8 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Do you think dung would fit well in osrs even if it had different rewards?

Thoughts on summoning? 

Do you think its uphill, downhill or more or less the same for the clan world from here on out ?

Do you prefer wilderness or cwa?

What are some things you'd want ingame from pre eoc?

What plugins from runelite would you want to see in the official client?

If you watched or saw anything about the summer announcements this past weekend what interested you the most ?

1) Probably not with the way raids was released. Essentially raids was a tradeable item version of dungoneering, so 1 or the other really. I feel like the would have to redo the rewards to non-combat. combat has such a variety of op to shit weapons.

2) Summoning was great. The only thing that was a little much were the carrier ones like tortoise and yak. These were a bit op and made p2p pking toxic as yell. But nothing was quite as satisfying as 1 hitting someone with a steel titan.

3) I like both equally. If I had to pick, id favor wilderness. wilderness is more dynamic and helps keep things interesting with the different terrains

4) I really thought the game in like 2012 was near perfect. there was a lot of balance at all levels of the game. So having things like overloads, summoning, etc would be cool. I didnt mind the pvp armour and weapons all that much. they were broken as hell.

5) the QOL options are nice. the basic highlighters for skills and notifications for farm runs are cool. anything more creates easyscape

6) I didnt watch any of it, but there was mention of some new mage gear coming out? that seems kinda stupid. mage is hella op. but it seems like they balance op by bringing out another op item which doesnt work in the end...

8 hours ago, Howl said:

What's your favorite color?

Purple 🙂 

6 hours ago, Fire said:

Who do you think is the best member in Tempest?

Not you

6 hours ago, Fire said:

Who do you think is the most Underrated member in Tempest?

Also not you

6 hours ago, Fire said:

If you could go back to previous years which Clan would you want to experience? Answer this by each year.

This is like an essays topic they give you for final exams dude, no. All I can say is if i went a different route back in the day, I probably would've tried to join RoT clan. I had friends there at the time. i probably wouldve have lingered till today though as some of the shit is over the top. However, I dont really see where else I would've went. all my buddies were in either RSD or ROT

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PSkn5nd.gif