I am Ghjjf - Ask me anything

Brian

@Brianbeing the legand that you are, how true are some of the rumors? 

After about 2007, once you returned in f2p you would immediately have about 2-3+ (and gaining) people on you until you died (many people wanted a kill pic). 

And in just a couple hours you would always have 100+ deaths.   Basically making you useless on the battlefield (crashers etc.)

How would you afford this?  did DI members donate sets or did you purchase gold?

If above statements are true, did this impact your enjoyment for wildy fights?

Was there anything you did to try to prevent this?

There are also rumors you had 100k+ rune sets on your account, is this true?

These are just a few of the rumors I heard over the years.  

Edited by infernodizn

8 hours ago, Frankventura said:

Have you ever had vacations in Portugal?

Where do you expect to be, 5 years from now? (Ofc, runescape is included)

Yea, but it was a long time ago, like mid 90s. In the Faro region. It's a nice country.

Well including RS I don't see myself still playing but then again you never know, wouldn't surprise me if me and @True 2k8are still here in even 10 years time. For RL sometimes I think about a career change, but I don't know to what. Hard to see myself being a software developer forever, so we'll see.

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

7 hours ago, infernodizn said:

@Brianbeing the legand that you are, how true are some of the rumors? 

After about 2007, once you returned in f2p you would immediately have about 2-3+ (and gaining) people on you until you died (many people wanted a kill pic). 

And in just a couple hours you would always have 100+ deaths.   Basically making you useless on the battlefield (crashers etc.)

How would you afford this?  did DI members donate sets or did you purchase gold?

If above statements are true, did this impact your enjoyment for wildy fights?

Was there anything you did to try to prevent this?

There are also rumors you had 100k+ rune sets on your account, is this true?

These are just a few of the rumors I heard over the years.  

It was tough to afford, gold buying wasn't really a thing back in those days, in fact I don't think I ever bought gold in the RS2 era. I did end up selling my p hats which were a couple of hundred mil back then. I'd also get donations from when people quit RS. There was probably only one time where there was an organised donation for me. Otherwise I pretty much had to grind out the cash.

Getting camped didn't bother me because I knew I was taking potential crashers away from callers etc. I'd pretty much just log in and walk around with 5-10 people instantly camping me, didn't really get to fight properly, but that didn't bother me after a while because I was used do it.

I had access to other accounts if I wanted to account switch or what not but I feel like it was better than people saw me on the battlefield and not "broken" by people crashing me. Me being there and being seen returning was more effective than my potentially fighting on another account.

I never had more than 200 sets probably, wasn't big into stock piling especially in the GE era. I knew for some of the big fights 100 would cover me.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

I haven't seen you mention N G C much, and I guess I always thought of you two as being pretty tight so might have expected him to be talked about more in this AMA. Fredde basically took me under his wing when I joined, so I have a lot of good memories of him.

What are your thoughts on him and how did he help or support you?  

If I remember there were some issues with Wacho Dude, did it ever put you in a hard position to deal with them because of his relation to Flako? Can't remember what they were, did he scam or something. (?)

image.png.0358268c7f5f2f230c3d2a47af7fa054.png

image.png.c6714542ccdd1aa2374d70c8c1c3b1af.png

15 minutes ago, Josh said:

I haven't seen you mention N G C much, and I guess I always thought of you two as being pretty tight so might have expected him to be talked about more in this AMA. Fredde basically took me under his wing when I joined, so I have a lot of good memories of him.

What are your thoughts on him and how did he help or support you?  

If I remember there were some issues with Wacho Dude, did it ever put you in a hard position to deal with them because of his relation to Flako? Can't remember what they were, did he scam or something. (?)

Me and him were pretty good friends in the years that I didn't play RS between RS2 and OSRS. I still have contact with him but we kinda just stopped talking for whatever reason. Won't go into too much detail but I think the stuff that happened with Mimi around 2013/4 changed him a lot. Not in a bad way or anything, just different after it.

He was a good guy in the early days and his activity helped a lot with our mage bank presence. He caught the wow bug though and that was it for him pretty much.

Wacho Dude pretty much went off the deep in when he got heavily involved in merchanting. I think some scamming stuff went down yea. Must have been awkward for Flako but wasn't really a problem with me cause Flako new he needed to be removed and thought he was an "idiot" at times.

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

15 hours ago, Brian said:

I think the name changing update was the worst RS update ever, even worse than the removal of wilderness/free trade. You identified characters by their name. All of a sudden people were changing their identity and you didn't know who was who in game. Yea the characters were still the same on forums obviously but it was still nice to see an enemy in game etc.

Most of those guys weren't really clanners. They might have been briefly in clans but you wouldn't really associate them with clans. Again it was a time when people could make an identity for themselves and be bigger than clans. In general, high level mage bank pkers were known by the wider community.

If there no name change though, would you have still used your current account or would you have used Ghjjf.

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

21 minutes ago, Lavigne said:

If there no name change though, would you have still used your current account or would you have used Ghjjf.

Was never really viable to use Ghjjf after a certain point in time due to lockouts. I was getting locked out before it was even a thing. Hypothetically though I'd of used Ghjjf yea cause I wouldn't want to start a new account just to have my current RSN

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

What's Brian's bachelor pad like? Describe your home, how many rooms/bathrooms etc. Does it have air conditioning? 

Do you own or rent?

What are a few things that are always on your shopping list when you go to the store?

There was a lengthy post on DI forums from Alan (Killa Pker), not sure exactly when he did it, but it was about how he had been spying on DI for years. Do you recall what happened and could you provide a brief summary of what he did? 

13 minutes ago, Embraceanger said:

What's Brian's bachelor pad like? Describe your home, how many rooms/bathrooms etc. Does it have air conditioning? 

Do you own or rent?

What are a few things that are always on your shopping list when you go to the store?

No one here has air conditioning. You'd only really need it like 2 weeks a year but this summer was particularly bad. I'd probably have it on all year round if I had it. I just rent because the housing market here is crazy. Basically if you aren't married the bank ain't giving you a mortgage here and it's been that way for a number of years. It's not a particularly big place but it's got a good WFH space at least.

Lately, besides the basic stuff that I need for meals each week, I've been addicted to Mentos, so I'll always pick up a few packets of those each time I'm there. I like a fry up at the weekends too so I'll always pick up stuff for that.

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

23 minutes ago, Zero_Fear1 said:

There was a lengthy post on DI forums from Alan (Killa Pker), not sure exactly when he did it, but it was about how he had been spying on DI for years. Do you recall what happened and could you provide a brief summary of what he did? 

This was a troll where he maintained he was spying on DI for RoT. Alan was a good troll and was good at making topics like that. I know for a fact he didn't spy but I guess he wanted to keep the act up since people found the topic so funny. You can read it here: https://forums.rs-rot.net/t/30803/

• Thanks 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png