EOS Leadership - Mar and Oli

Mar

Apart from playing other games and obviously pk trips and things along those lines, did you guys have other events for the community? Drop parties, corp/gwd masses, etc.? Any neat memories / stories from these events if yeah ? 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

Much respect to you two, reguardless of what was going on in game you made the clan fun, like always. Eos might not have been #1 forever but the community was always the best.

OAKcWeK.pngFree VenomOAKcWeK.png

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

4fa8336c28b5773b976f4dbff0b8d898.jpg

f8d7082b847774187359236a4726e424.pngo1Uh7MU.png

On 10/17/2020 at 8:36 AM, Howl said:

I know basically nothing about Albion in terms of game play

in your opinion, what are it's strengths in terms of clan/guild-based game play? how does it compare to OSRS? repeating someone else's question from above, but do you have a video of a clan war/audio of you guys calling?

one of the things I've always admired about RS2/OSRS is how the combat system lends itself to large-scale fights and coordination, more than almost any other game I've played before

Not Oli or Mar but I played albion for a few years. Albion wars are called zvz aka zerg vs zerg. It isn't like an osrs f2p calling piles on 1 guy. Its more or less about directing movement, having a good mix of tanks, dps, heals and managing cool downs.

Edited by Gamerdad

AP.png

On 10/17/2020 at 7:19 PM, true said:

Who were some non-ranked EOS members you'd love to shoutout as key parts of the clan's success when you were Leader?

I can't really single people out as i feel any EOS member who showed up and put the effort in was a key part of our success and there's just too many to mention from over the years.

On 10/17/2020 at 9:22 PM, true said:

Are you more proud of EOS' RS or Albion accomplishments? 

Probably Runescape, mainly because of the nostalgia component to it. 

On 10/17/2020 at 2:36 PM, Howl said:

I know basically nothing about Albion in terms of game play

in your opinion, what are it's strengths in terms of clan/guild-based game play? how does it compare to OSRS? repeating someone else's question from above, but do you have a video of a clan war/audio of you guys calling?

one of the things I've always admired about RS2/OSRS is how the combat system lends itself to large-scale fights and coordination, more than almost any other game I've played before

Fights generally end quicker on Albion than on OSRS, if you play it right you can wipe out the other guild or alliance in a matter of seconds. I posted a clip a few pages back showing an example of this and of how calling usually happens 

On 10/18/2020 at 3:07 AM, true said:

Thoughts on Sarge Alex18? Any idea where he is these days?

Found out a couple of months ago he was trying to get involved in local politics in Australia. Found it weird that when he had a rage quit moment an leaked aload of pictures from EOS forums he had edited them so it would look like i was saying dumb things. Didn't realise he disliked me that much

2hGeu3q.png

On 10/17/2020 at 10:50 PM, 3lite said:

I would argue that the 2006-2010 period was one of the most competitive for clans.  Prior to that period, there were long stretches of dominance for DS, DI, and RSD in PKRIs.  After that period (which I was not around for so I can't comment on first hand), I've heard that RoT held a dominant position for several years.  If you were to take a random time snapshot and ask "who is the number 1 clan?" in the 2006-10 period, the answer was really a toss up between DF, DI, VR, CORR, RSD, TT, EH, and EOS, and fluctuated month to month.

However, while clans rose or fell, I would note that some clans (such as DI and DF) were more stable over the period, generally being in the rank 3-5 range, with some periods of competing for #1 and some periods slightly lower than 5.

I would say that other clans had more variance on their positions (such as VR and EH), which tended to be doing very well (1-3) or be just outside of of the rank 5 range.  Looking back on things, I would say that EoS were the kings of variance when it came to that period.  There were multiple periods when EoS was in contention for #1, but outside of those periods, I remember EoS typically being lower on the totem pole.  EoS had periods of doing well characterized by extremely high activity, where they PKed multiple times a week and got huge pulls.  Then EoS had periods where you didn't really hear much from them.

Reading through the AMA responses, it sounds like much of the EoS team had no motivation to play Runescape other than for clan fights.  Therefore, my deduction on the behavior of EoS as a clan is that the fluctuation would be caused by a consistent memberbase, but a sizable part of that memberbase going inactive during periods when EoS wasn't competing for that top spot.

1.) Do you agree with the above statements regarding variance (particularly related to EoS) or am I talking out of my ass?

2.) Do you think I accurately characterized the likely cause of EoS' swings, or do you think something else was at play?

3.) If you agree with #1, did the variance of EoS bother you?  Was it ever acknowledged by leadership and were actions ever taken to stabilize things?

1. I completely agree with the statement on how wildly inconsistent we were. 

2. I think your analysis was part it, however i guess in some of my answers in this topic i didn't highlight just how activity driven we were. We wanted to fight other clans on Runescape, every day if possible. No one wanted to fishing trawler or do group agility events. When we were able to get fights it gave us momentum which made us stronger, however as every other clan leader reading this knows when you get strong no-one wants to do a planned fight with you. So we get less fights, activity goes down and members go inactive or leave, so we ended up losing that strength and slumping. In some cases we started crashing clans just to get the activity we needed as we felt if they weren't going to willingly fight us, we'd force them to.

3. I don't think it bothered us in an overall sense. It definitely sucked when things were on their way downhill but i guess we always knew things would get better again. I think to try and stabilise the variance would have meant trying to become more like RSD or DF, a clan which had members more invested in Runescape. But that would mean changing who we were and not staying true to ourselves. Besides, if people wanted the RSD or DF experience, they'd have gone to those clans an not a cheap imitation like we would have been. 

2hGeu3q.png

Thanks for doing this.  In the period that I played, the two clans I felt like we had the biggest rivalries with were VR first and foremost, and then EoS.  I always felt like I was able to have a good, reasonable conversation with @Mar and never had any issues personally.  

I specifically remember numerous EXTREMELY long fights.  Do you regret these?  Do you think they were still fun to this day?  I personally despised the hours+ long fights and I think that is part of what ended up pushing me away from the game years ago.  It was inevitable, given the ability to return, just like dragging became commonplace, things always evolve, but I can't help but feel that those extremely long fights ruined part of the clan world, Jagex being the final nail in the coffin with the removal of the wilderness.  CWA just wasn't the same.  

On 10/17/2020 at 5:10 PM, Oli said:

1. Partly because it just made sense to regroup closer to return spots and partly because alot of the things we did were to make fights as boring as possible for the opponent so we could gain to close enough to even numbers.

2. We basically got ddosed into the ground and after we stopped winning fights consecutively it took a toll for a week or so? 

3. Having joined eos in clan wars, I think any perceived lack of organisation was always overstated. EOS did relatively well with mediocre callers against clans like RSD  during cwa and im objectively better than anyone who played the game while i was in EOS. I'd argue we would of beat most clans in a 100 v 100 because the discrepancy in calling was so vast between somebody like myself and a lovelost or cuon.

Regarding your answer to #3: Why would you directly compare your ability to Lovelost or Cuon in this scenario? Feels like you’re overlooking Battleneo/D0nts/Cravez/Plaffy, all of whom were active #1 callers for TT in the 2008-2012 era.

• Thanks 1

image.png.b4cc6de571465570c99843ecb9c7308e.png

tumblr_nb5lrs02NY1tgbziwo4_400.gif

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

Had to think for a minute, but I knew a good dozen EOS-at-one-point'ers really well in the first half of my clan career. Btw I looked at my irc logs and I only
got 1 from each of you just asking to set up a fight, nothing funny etc. :hash:

1. This is one of my favorite RS fight vids entirely, what happened from EOS's side that you lost, I assume you both were there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFHf2dJ16l0

2. You guys seem like total bros of a friendship to eachother(like the 2 david's here), was it always like this? Especially in the 2009-12 years?

3. Who was mostly responsible for Adelais/Eos graphics and sigs, is there a photobucket still alive with them maybe? Or Are any forums still alive RS-related?

4. When Brozil mass joined, was that all of Durateen's doing? or what was the main cause?

5. Cheezy1989 - What is the TLDR of this guy? How did he get to Leader rank if my #2 is true.

6. Biig-T - This was an eos member or spare acc from 1 of your members, who was he? RS put in the feature 'titles' so he was in-game Hellraiser-Biig T for years.
Is he still around?

7. Members, are the low lvl guys still around, Ante and Bogoroh? Or also Juanafanta2  00phelancr  344 Link?(she was an FA I think)

8. More pals I gotta ask about, also on behalf of other friend groups that I still talk to nowadays. 
I met these guys in early 2008. Twin suns 17, Azn552, Xanderdoom.

9. Jervin and Munkis? Both ended up in TT but Idk if any of you guys got a contact to find them again.

10. Vi3t_x/Abhesive, he was my bro too and had a stint in EoS.

11. Also Clowd, is he still around somewhere? https://www.youtube.com/c/BrianBurge911/videos

Here are some of your older ML's for nostalgia sake too :hash:

https://web.archive.org/web/20090926115643/http://www.runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=eoskillers

https://web.archive.org/web/20070517041535/http://www.runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=EoSlist

https://web.archive.org/web/20090916020923/http://runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=eoslist

0c3A4SZ.png

2020-07-11_055657.png.14347eb8ff5b323524f4ec40ed24f0a8.png

On 10/18/2020 at 4:58 AM, locofkoff said:

Thoughts on eos exiles? Did you plan on old-school lasting as long as it did? Which of you would win in a fight pussies lol

I was in both groups an the majority of the exiles are still around playing other games and they are back on EOS TS. 

I don't really think there was a long term plan for old-school, by that point alot i was certainly getting tired of all the bullshit that was associated with Runescape and i think others were too. I think we just tried to carry on like usual which half - worked.

Ben would beat me in a fight

On 10/18/2020 at 4:55 AM, Arrith said:

Where do you rank Elder Jr in all time EOS leaders? 
EOS was able to come back to osrs multiple times and beat DI, Df, and Vr on multiple occasions. Our last run we went from pulling 40 to over 100 people. What do you owe that success to?

He's definitely in the top 100 leaders of all time.

Probably a combination of Oli's/Eli's and other officials efforts along with our core membership giving us a strong base to work with which helped us build up again. 

I honestly don't really remember what we did or happened on OSRS as things were different for me at that time in my life 

On 10/18/2020 at 5:21 AM, RagingPanda said:

I've always considered EOS to be a powerhouse clan that enjoyed doing whatever they want no matter what other clans thought of them. You guys seem like you kept everything in the game as well (DDOSing, Doxing).

What clan/clan's did you guys enjoy bullying the most? And what made them such an easy target for you guys?

Did you guys ever dabble on DDOSing or Doxing other clans? 

How was it transitioning from RS to Albion? Were there any issues? 

Who came up with the idea of running laps around wildy? 

I think doing what we did to Solace was pretty fun, i think the idea of this "new elite clan" was complete arse and we wanted to destroy that image that people had created around them. It wasn't easy but it was fun

When it came to ddosing, outside of EOS it was done in retaliation to ROT and their allies after they destroyed our forums and took down Teamspeak after Teamspeak just because we had the audacity to beat them repeatedly in f2p. Inside of EOS we managed to trick on guy into ddosing himself for like 30 mins which was hilarious. I regret that ddosing became part of the clan world but if we hadn't done it at all i don't think it would have changed much in the end.

Doxing however was something we did which i regret alot. There was one instance with Corruption where they constantly irl flamed me based on personal info they obtained by someone leaking info about me (so they didn't dox me). I guess this didn't sit well with alot of people in EOS, and we had one guy who knew how to dox people and he was scary good at it, and he turned up a spreadsheet with 70 corruption members on it, with their emails, social medias and whatever other info. We showed it to Corr, told them to cut out the irl flaming an they agreed and we never used any of what we got. Still fucked up that we did it though, and it wasn't right. 

Transitioning from RS to Albion we did lose some people along the way, some guys just didn't want to start a new game and others wanted to stick with RS which i completely understand. Aside from that we learned Albion very quickly and became prominent during the beta tests that were held before official launch. After launch is another story, but we're back atm now and doing our thing.

I don't know if any one person came up with it, but it wasn't mindless. We used it to buy time so returners could regroup somewhere else away from snipers and then we would meet up with them and have a stronger pile. But plenty of other clans did what we did, returned way longer than they should have done, refusing to call it off out of pride or w/e. We just got stuck with the reputation for it i guess.

On 10/18/2020 at 5:41 AM, New Americaa said:

Oh damn, glad to see you @Mar and @Oli out here answering this AMA. Hi!

I miss those days fucking around with everyone. I didn't really got into the core group after several of us from FT joined EOS, since I didn't play many games outside of RS.. My time with EOS was definitely some of my favorite times in RS though. What do you think the future of EOS would have been if EOC didn't fuck the game?

- Hawk Eyes123

Hey man, i remember you, hope your doin well. 

I don't know really, i suppose things would have probably gone the same way as they did. EOC then OSRS being released just delayed the natural progression of the clan world by a year or so, because my only memories of OSRS were crash wars, ddosing and bullshit. 

On 10/18/2020 at 12:39 PM, Pietru said:

Do you have any members in your Albion clan who aren't from a runescape background? How does it affect the community you already had as a runescape clan?

How is the activity of clans/guilds there compared to how OSRS was?

We have alot now, in many ways we've had to rebuild the community as older members move on and new people come in, then you find yourself with a whole bunch of people you don't know that well. It has an affect because sometimes you look around and think "who the fuck are all these people" but after you spend time fighting together and going out on pvp trips together you start to get along. 

Activity can be insane. There were times recently we were massing four times a day and fighting, every single day. I was lucky to make one of those every other day because im old and fuckin useless now.

2hGeu3q.png

On 10/18/2020 at 5:53 PM, Adam_ said:

Apart from playing other games and obviously pk trips and things along those lines, did you guys have other events for the community? Drop parties, corp/gwd masses, etc.? Any neat memories / stories from these events if yeah ? 

I think some people may have done some PVE stuff like Corp or Godwars, but the majority wasn't super interested in that. Staking however was very popular, and idiots lost all their money. Me personally i think i made 2.5k selling RSGP around 2010 from staking, so it worked well for me. There probably are more interesting stories but i can't remember any at this time

On 10/18/2020 at 8:19 PM, Eric`` said:

Much respect to you two, reguardless of what was going on in game you made the clan fun, like always. Eos might not have been #1 forever but the community was always the best.

That's not a fucking question eric you slop badger

On 10/19/2020 at 7:51 AM, Vanuckle said:

@Mar what are your (fond) memories of being in Blaze?

7ed60597254ae940e8cbd57037fb513f.jpg

Full recruitment topic here btw: 

Honestly that must be fake i have no idea what is happening here 

2hGeu3q.png