EOS Leadership - Mar and Oli

Mar

On 10/16/2020 at 6:59 PM, Scleritis said:

How many laps of red dragon isle have you lads done in your lifetime

Probably the vr crash war. We were always under the impression clans like TT would stop to clear them, but we were on such an upward trend by this point fighting clans like Df,Tt and rsd aswell as VR was massively entertaining at the time.

On 10/16/2020 at 7:01 PM, Tika191 said:

2 - How did you recruit @zq50 from Solace to Eos

Solace were just a massively inferior clan by this point propped up by dungeoneering and some genuinely goodnmembers

On 10/16/2020 at 7:02 PM, Ristopal said:

Good to see some familiar names and tons of laughs back in the day when EoS was primarily Brazilian (Che Lives, A F R 1 C A, etc).

Wish you all well.

Praise, I still talk to Arthur

14 hours ago, Buzz said:

Obviously there was no love lost between Corruption and EoS especially when it came to wars when I was there from 2009 onwards, I'm pretty sure we had the similar tactic of outlasting to get a win (more so when we had more Aussie/PST members) and we both carried on the arguments on RSC after. 

However it seemed as though a lot of our members had personal relationships with members in EoS (and still do), such as Starman/Allstar being brothers and I think Jay/Code knew some members personally (they will correct me if I'm wrong!). 

Looking back now, what is your real opinion of Corruption as a clan and did you enjoy the fights we had? 

In retrospect i did enjoy fighting against Corruption, and winning or losing meant more than most other clans. You guys were just as good as anyone else, i mean it's clear how strong so many clans were/are , VR and others are still alive, Corruption members are in contact and pulled like 60 people to their Reunion pk, RSD have their own community discord, so many old RS players have come back to play RS in Tempest or just to be around the community because Runescape clans were unique unlike anything else.

13 hours ago, true said:

Thoughts on OA?

Im not sure who that is, was he a DF member?

12 hours ago, Wee Man said:

What were your thoughts on PH, from where we started out to where we ended up? A lot of people still look back after all these years and act like we stayed as the shitty CC team we started out as. 

I didn't see what ultimately became of PH and how strong you got, but you guys were definitely progressing from a cc team into a more organised clan and were growing in strength. As you can guess from the topic, people just chose to remember the times we ran some laps to outlast in a couple fights so i sympathise with you guys on being remembered just for one thing

• Thanks 1

2hGeu3q.png

On 10/16/2020 at 7:02 PM, Juri said:

Why did you start this whole EOS "running around the wilderness" to outlast tactics and why it always worked for you guys :D?

That one summer of 2011? When Divine Forces and Eos had pkri's basically every day, during weekdays you dominated and on weekends we slapped you. And we both had around 80-90 people strong every single time, why did you suddenly stopped pking after that? You just vanished in matter of days and then barely could pull 60 after. 

Why did EOS never started to take this man for man quality thing seriously and were so awful at CWA, didn't you ever want to get better there or was that legit hard for you? 

1. Partly because it just made sense to regroup closer to return spots and partly because alot of the things we did were to make fights as boring as possible for the opponent so we could gain to close enough to even numbers.

2. We basically got ddosed into the ground and after we stopped winning fights consecutively it took a toll for a week or so? 

3. Having joined eos in clan wars, I think any perceived lack of organisation was always overstated. EOS did relatively well with mediocre callers against clans like RSD  during cwa and im objectively better than anyone who played the game while i was in EOS. I'd argue we would of beat most clans in a 100 v 100 because the discrepancy in calling was so vast between somebody like myself and a lovelost or cuon.

• honk 1

I would argue that the 2006-2010 period was one of the most competitive for clans.  Prior to that period, there were long stretches of dominance for DS, DI, and RSD in PKRIs.  After that period (which I was not around for so I can't comment on first hand), I've heard that RoT held a dominant position for several years.  If you were to take a random time snapshot and ask "who is the number 1 clan?" in the 2006-10 period, the answer was really a toss up between DF, DI, VR, CORR, RSD, TT, EH, and EOS, and fluctuated month to month.

However, while clans rose or fell, I would note that some clans (such as DI and DF) were more stable over the period, generally being in the rank 3-5 range, with some periods of competing for #1 and some periods slightly lower than 5.

I would say that other clans had more variance on their positions (such as VR and EH), which tended to be doing very well (1-3) or be just outside of of the rank 5 range.  Looking back on things, I would say that EoS were the kings of variance when it came to that period.  There were multiple periods when EoS was in contention for #1, but outside of those periods, I remember EoS typically being lower on the totem pole.  EoS had periods of doing well characterized by extremely high activity, where they PKed multiple times a week and got huge pulls.  Then EoS had periods where you didn't really hear much from them.

Reading through the AMA responses, it sounds like much of the EoS team had no motivation to play Runescape other than for clan fights.  Therefore, my deduction on the behavior of EoS as a clan is that the fluctuation would be caused by a consistent memberbase, but a sizable part of that memberbase going inactive during periods when EoS wasn't competing for that top spot.

1.) Do you agree with the above statements regarding variance (particularly related to EoS) or am I talking out of my ass?

2.) Do you think I accurately characterized the likely cause of EoS' swings, or do you think something else was at play?

3.) If you agree with #1, did the variance of EoS bother you?  Was it ever acknowledged by leadership and were actions ever taken to stabilize things?

Edited by 3lite

7R85FSe.png

Where do you rank Elder Jr in all time EOS leaders? 
EOS was able to come back to osrs multiple times and beat DI, Df, and Vr on multiple occasions. Our last run we went from pulling 40 to over 100 people. What do you owe that success to?

• sus 1

I've always considered EOS to be a powerhouse clan that enjoyed doing whatever they want no matter what other clans thought of them. You guys seem like you kept everything in the game as well (DDOSing, Doxing).

What clan/clan's did you guys enjoy bullying the most? And what made them such an easy target for you guys?

Did you guys ever dabble on DDOSing or Doxing other clans? 

How was it transitioning from RS to Albion? Were there any issues? 

Who came up with the idea of running laps around wildy? 

imageproxy.png

DEkDNzZ.gif

LkcsY.gif
i1a4jjh.gif
nfVcZsC.gif
cO9INAK.gif

Oh damn, glad to see you @Mar and @Oli out here answering this AMA. Hi!

I miss those days fucking around with everyone. I didn't really got into the core group after several of us from FT joined EOS, since I didn't play many games outside of RS.. My time with EOS was definitely some of my favorite times in RS though. What do you think the future of EOS would have been if EOC didn't fuck the game?

- Hawk Eyes123

Do you have any members in your Albion clan who aren't from a runescape background? How does it affect the community you already had as a runescape clan?

How is the activity of clans/guilds there compared to how OSRS was?

Edited by Pietru

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png